Cruisers & Sailing Forums (https://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/)
-   Meets & Greets (https://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/f9/)
-   -   Greetings from San Antonio Texas! (https://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/f9/greetings-from-san-antonio-texas-206070.html)

salishpaddler 17-08-2018 16:23

Greetings from San Antonio Texas!

Newbie here, last month was my first time to set foot on an actual yacht and I got hooked. 70 y.o. retired Soldier, Texas resident with my heart in the PNW, leading me to seek my vacation destination at long last.

I visited friends as Shilshole Bay Marina in Texas and after a week aboard their LAB Tollycraft CPMY I realized the only way to have that vacation home is to buy a boat, since a vacation condo can't take me to Desolation Sound.

I look forward to sharing my experiences and learning from you folks.

GordMay 18-08-2018 03:27

Re: Greetings from San Antonio Texas!

Greetings and welcome aboard the CF, paddler.

salishpaddler 20-08-2018 15:50

Well, in the power boats forum I began a thread that was initially rejected as suspicious (Camargue 48 CPMY), then approved, then, three days ago, when I attempted to post a a reply to another user on the thread (my reply would have been post #3), it too was rejected as suspicious with no explanation. I complained to admin and received the tepid reply that I should contact a moderator. No one in particular, just any moderator will do. Which I did. No response. Someone is either asleep at the switch or just doesn't want me to post. Either way, it's discouraging.

This is the note I get when trying to post: "We have marked much of your activity as suspicious, you cannot perform this function at this time."

Maybe a moderator will wake up and fix this issue if I post it here, but since it's already been three days without support, I hold scant hope. It's not my desire to be a lurker, but admin has a problem.

Hooray, someone flipped a switch and I can post! Thanks, someone!

jlcnuke 21-08-2018 03:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by salishpaddler (Post 2701159)
Well, in the power boats forum I began a thread that was initially rejected as suspicious (Camargue 48 CPMY), then approved, then, three days ago, when I attempted to post a a reply to another user on the thread (my reply would have been post #3), it too was rejected as suspicious with no explanation. I complained to admin and received the tepid reply that I should contact a moderator. No one in particular, just any moderator will do. Which I did. No response. Someone is either asleep at the switch or just doesn't want me to post. Either way, it's discouraging.

This is the note I get when trying to post: "We have marked much of your activity as suspicious, you cannot perform this function at this time."

Maybe a moderator will wake up and fix this issue if I post it here, but since it's already been three days without support, I hold scant hope. It's not my desire to be a lurker, but admin has a problem.

Hooray, someone flipped a switch and I can post! Thanks, someone!

The downside of good anti-spam software on any forum is that it tends to sometimes mess up with new posters. The same posts from someone with 100 posts likely wouldn't get flagged by the software at all. The price we pay to not have 1,000 threads each day from bots....

Welcome though:biggrin:

SSgtPitt 21-08-2018 04:39

Welcome, from Corpus Christi.