Cruisers & Sailing Forums (https://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/)
-   Meets & Greets (https://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/f9/)
-   -   Puget Sound Watch Out (https://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/f9/puget-sound-watch-out-202177.html)

NW_Explorer 04-06-2018 17:39

Puget Sound Watch Out

1 Attachment(s)
Hello from Port Orchard my name is Chris.

We are about a month into getting our Windjammer 34 ready for launch July/August time frame. I have some experience with boats we have a 18' Olympic Bow Rider and I grew up fishing Westport in a 21' Reinell Cabin Cruiser. But we have no experience (0%) with sailboats hence the "Watch Out Puget Sound". Anyways I will be looking to this forum for lots of help as I learn the ropes and thanks in advance for all the help!Attachment 171099

desodave 04-06-2018 18:14

Re: Puget Sound Watch Out

Welcome to CF NWE.

We'll keep our eyes peeled for you in our part of the Salish Sea. First time I've seen someone post a warning about themselves hitting the water as their first post. :biggrin:

Enjoy the boat, and learning to sail it

newhaul 16-08-2018 15:41

Hey Chris welcome aboard keep an eye out for my green defender I'm in railway marina.

Nicholson58 16-08-2018 16:13

Welcome. I think we are too far removed for you to get a clean shot. There once was a racer, TSUNAMI, in our fleet who thought it was a contract sport. we all said the boat name was, I AM NUTS, backwards.

NW_Explorer 16-08-2018 21:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nicholson58 (Post 2697845)
Welcome. I think we are too far removed for you to get a clean shot. There once was a racer, TSUNAMI, in our fleet who thought it was a contract sport. we all said the boat name was, I AM NUTS, backwards.

Lucky you although newhaul is not as lucky infact in my direct path.

I do not plan on intentionally hitting/bumping anyone. Actually a am so worried and nervous about the crowd and how close I will have to navigate to other boats when we do make it to the San Jaun's in the coming weekends and our big trip from Blaine to home in Port Orchard (Railway Marina).

newhaul 16-08-2018 21:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by NW_Explorer (Post 2697994)
Lucky you although newhaul is not as lucky infact in my direct path.

I do not plan on intentionally hitting/bumping anyone. Actually a am so worried and nervous about the crowd and how close I will have to navigate to other boats when we do make it to the San Jaun's in the coming weekends and our big trip from Blaine to home in Port Orchard (Railway Marina).

Chris you will do fine and don't worry about me I sail the battleship of small sailboats a 1963 columbia defender.

Shoot me a pm when you are ready to come down I will help with fastest routing .

Pachino Royale 19-08-2018 21:37

I'll see you out there and we'll do the best we can. Just bought my first sailboat to celebrate 50 years on planet earth a Catalina 22 s/v Serenity coming out of Hammerslay Bay

newhaul 19-08-2018 21:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pachino Royale (Post 2700354)
I'll see you out there and we'll do the best we can. Just bought my first sailboat to celebrate 50 years on planet earth a Catalina 22 s/v Serenity coming out of Hammerslay Bay

welcome aboard and we will see you out there .
Keep a watch for a light blue 42 ftter the la ruina , or a green defender 29 the SV Stephfen Ulysses.out of Tacoma and port orchard.