Cruisers & Sailing Forums (https://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/)
-   Emergency, Disaster and Distress (https://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/f158/)
-   -   The hurricane prediction is for the strongest in 70 years (https://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/f158/the-hurricane-prediction-is-for-the-strongest-in-70-years-199122.html)

Cavalier 25-03-2018 09:08

Re: The hurricane prediction is for the strongest in 70 years
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Cate (Post 2603376)
Wonder what caused that even worse season 70 years ago, somewhat before GW was seriously considered?

Nazi/Axis secret technology..

roland stockham 25-03-2018 09:16

Re: The hurricane prediction is for the strongest in 70 years
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by fatherchronica (Post 2603617)
And don't start me on "An Inconvenient Truth", totally plagarized from NASA, NOAA and US Navy data, just collected to make Al Gore a rich man.

Well of course, Al Gore is a politician not a scientist who made a useful film that helped publisize the issue, particularly in the US. And your reference list should run to thousands if you want to give credit to those who worked on the science not just a few US institutions.

Rorzech 25-03-2018 09:19

Re: The hurricane prediction is for the strongest in 70 years
 
All the numbers have been fudged ! The ocean level hasn't risen a millimetre , a few boats made it through the NW Passage in 2013 with the help of an ice breaker but those days are gone as we have entered a regular 400 year solar minimum cycle 3 years ago. Last one froze the Thames River 50 years in a row well documented in old paintings and Shakespears writings. The proof of this is in the 2 million years history in the Green Land ice core samples, Thousands of years in tree ring records. More Millennia in ocean floor sediment core samples. These solar minimums can be correlated with with crop failures which led to most Dynasties collapsing. The proof is out there. Next winter is going to be a real doozer !

roland stockham 25-03-2018 09:25

Re: The hurricane prediction is for the strongest in 70 years
 
As I recall Al Gore predicted that there would be NO polar ice left by the year 2013 ! We now have more Ice and polar bears than ever before ! WTH ?

Actually Al Gore just made the internet free for the public. We are finally getting over that massive giveaway, thank god. Net neutrality has really hampered innovation and profit for internet providers.

:banghead::banghead::banghead: The level of ignorance here is breathtaking. There is an old fashioned thing called a book. It contains reliable information. I suggest you try reading one. I am leaving before I get mad and say something rude

zeehag 25-03-2018 09:33

Re: The hurricane prediction is for the strongest in 70 years
 
damn and here i was soooo looking forward to sailing over the top of the tallest condos in ft lauderdale without touching my keel on their antennae....been looking forward to this since age 8.
crappy deal,mon. i demand a full refund.....

1958 we were told one thing--water rising. chikkin little you need to move to mountains... then omygods iceage. then omg warming but with a hand out for all your dough.
\come on folks when ye gonna be getting real. go with flow. worry is as worry does and worry makes ye age faster than enjoying life.
so wtf is happening. just live. aint gonna get you, and by time it does, we will all have evolved along the way.
wow. read more folks.
btw, polar shift is overdue..... mebbe all will be tossed off guam as it tips over and into the sky as this occurs..hahahahahahahahaha. lets hear it for boston as new north pole.

the sky is falling the sky is falling.
keep a tight grasp on your dough and go sailing.

jibstay 25-03-2018 09:41

Re: The hurricane prediction is for the strongest in 70 years
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by fatherchronica (Post 2603617)
And don't start me on "An Inconvenient Truth", totally plagarized from NASA, NOAA and US Navy data, just collected to make Al Gore a rich man.


You might disagree with the science, or his political views, but his motives are clearly not personal profit.

Al Gore has put “every penny” he has made from the films and from his investments in green technologies, into the non-profit Alliance for Climate Protection, which campaigns for solutions to climate change.

earthmover 25-03-2018 09:44

Re: The hurricane prediction is for the strongest in 70 years
 
Floating Homes. That’s the answer right there. Get a home that floats.

wcapital 25-03-2018 09:47

Re: The hurricane prediction is for the strongest in 70 years
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by grantmc (Post 2603036)
I predict those Atlantic storms will be called:

Alberto
Beryl
Chris
Debby
Ernesto
Florence
Gordon
Helene
Isaac
Joyce
Kirk
Leslie
Michael
Nadine
Oscar
Patty
Rafael
Sara
Tony
Valerie
William

But will Valerie and William see rhe light of day?

wcapital 25-03-2018 09:57

Re: The hurricane prediction is for the strongest in 70 years
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by roland stockham (Post 2603644)
As I recall Al Gore predicted that there would be NO polar ice left by the year 2013 ! We now have more Ice and polar bears than ever before ! WTH ?

Actually Al Gore just made the internet free for the public. We are finally getting over that massive giveaway, thank god. Net neutrality has really hampered innovation and profit for internet providers.

:banghead::banghead::banghead: The level of ignorance here is breathtaking. There is an old fashioned thing called a book. It contains reliable information. I suggest you try reading one. I am leaving before I get mad and say something rude

:) :(

newhaul 25-03-2018 09:58

Re: The hurricane prediction is for the strongest in 70 years
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by jibstay (Post 2603653)
You might disagree with the science, or his political views, but his motives are clearly not personal profit.

Al Gore has put “every penny” he has made from the films and from his investments in green technologies, into the non-profit Alliance for Climate Protection, which campaigns for solutions to climate change.

that's why Al bought a condo on the beach in San Francisco bay . So he could watch it go under water. :facepalm:

jackdale 25-03-2018 09:59

Re: The hurricane prediction is for the strongest in 70 years
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rorzech (Post 2603640)
All the numbers have been fudged ! The ocean level hasn't risen a millimetre , a few boats made it through the NW Passage in 2013 with the help of an ice breaker but those days are gone as we have entered a regular 400 year solar minimum cycle 3 years ago.

Staying on the yachting theme.

Last year 24 yachts transited the North West Passage.

https://www.spri.cam.ac.uk/resources...estpassage.pdf

Last year one yacht circumnavigated the entire Arctic Ocean in a single season.

Home - The Polar Ocean Challenge

There is a forum on the North West Passage.

https://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/...-a-196954.html

I will avoid the rest of the post as it seems inappropriate to this thread.

jackdale 25-03-2018 10:01

Re: The hurricane prediction is for the strongest in 70 years
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by newhaul (Post 2603664)
that's why Al bought a condo on the beach in San Francisco bay . So he could watch it go under water. :facepalm:

Al Gore's California home is 500 feet above sea level and about 2 miles from the beach.

Al Gore's house in Montecito, CA (Google Maps) (#3)

taxwizz 25-03-2018 10:05

Re: The hurricane prediction is for the strongest in 70 years
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rorzech (Post 2603628)
As I recall Al Gore predicted that there would be NO polar ice left by the year 2013 ! We now have more Ice and polar bears than ever before ! WTH ?

His prediction was, I believe, correct.
His timing was wrong.
"Timing is everything." (Tallyrand)
It may take more like 100 years than 20, but even 100 years is an instant in global timing.
Your grandchildren will definitely see it.
We must think of them.
:danger:

jackdale 25-03-2018 10:05

Re: The hurricane prediction is for the strongest in 70 years
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by roland stockham (Post 2603644)
As I recall Al Gore predicted that there would be NO polar ice left by the year 2013 ! We now have more Ice and polar bears than ever before ! WTH ?

There is not more ice than ever before. It is just short of a record low.

Quote:

On March 17, 2018, Arctic sea ice likely reached its maximum extent for the year, at 14.48 million square kilometers (5.59 million square miles), the second lowest in the 39-year satellite record, falling just behind 2017. This year’s maximum extent is 1.16 million square kilometers (448,000 square miles) below the 1981 to 2010 average maximum of 15.64 million square kilometers (6.04 million square miles).
https://nsidc.org/data/seaice_index/...timeseries.png

newhaul 25-03-2018 10:06

Re: The hurricane prediction is for the strongest in 70 years
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rorzech (Post 2603640)
All the numbers have been fudged ! The ocean level hasn't risen a millimetre , a few boats made it through the NW Passage in 2013 with the help of an ice breaker but those days are gone as we have entered a regular 400 year solar minimum cycle 3 years ago. Last one froze the Thames River 50 years in a row well documented in old paintings and Shakespears writings. The proof of this is in the 2 million years history in the Green Land ice core samples, Thousands of years in tree ring records. More Millennia in ocean floor sediment core samples. These solar minimums can be correlated with with crop failures which led to most Dynasties collapsing. The proof is out there. Next winter is going to be a real doozer !

if you look at the planets weather this winter ain't over yet.
Rorzech. Good luck I have been trying to explain this to them for several years. :banghead:


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 18:28.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.


ShowCase vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.