Cruisers & Sailing Forums (https://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/)
-   Emergency, Disaster and Distress (https://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/f158/)
-   -   The hurricane prediction is for the strongest in 70 years (https://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/f158/the-hurricane-prediction-is-for-the-strongest-in-70-years-199122.html)

SV THIRD DAY 24-03-2018 22:07

Re: The hurricane prediction is for the strongest in 70 years

Was the prediction made by Al Gore?

GordMay 25-03-2018 03:11

The official hurricane season forecast from the U.S. National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) Climate Prediction Center (CPC) will be released in late May, with updates during the season. Most experts believe that today’s hurricane forecasting models have little to no skill before June.
NOAA does not make seasonal hurricane landfall predictions.

Colorado State University’s next seasonal hurricane forecast release date is April 5, 2018.
https://tropical.colostate.edu/media...12/2017-12.pdf

danielamartindm 25-03-2018 03:38

More leftist NOAA faux "science" to prop up failing global warming hysteria. No, thanks. SJW's attack in three....two...one...

GordMay 25-03-2018 04:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by danielamartindm (Post 2603460)
More leftist NOAA faux "science" ...

If the NOAA is merely a leftist, faux science, ideological propaganda machine; where does one get reliable climactic/weather information?

Are NOAA scientists more “reliable” when they appear more in alignment with your (presumed) world view?
As in ➥ https://www.studentnewsdaily.com/exa...ornia-drought/

jimbunyard 25-03-2018 05:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by SV THIRD DAY (Post 2603404)
Was the prediction made by Al Gore?

Quote:

Originally Posted by danielamartindm (Post 2603460)
More leftist NOAA faux "science" to prop up failing global warming hysteria. No, thanks. SJW's attack in three....two...one...

Go

Points 4 and 12 from 'The Rules'.

Stay on topic by keeping discussions relevant and on track.

Trolling and cyberstalking are NOT allowed and are grounds for account restriction or banishment. Trolling on this board includes posting controversial and often irrelevant or off-topic messages with the intention of (or anticipated result of) baiting other users into an emotional response or to generally disrupt normal, harmonious on-topic discussion, especially when a pattern of such posting is apparent.

but I hope such posts are allowed to remain, for their amusing and educational value...

Olddan1943 25-03-2018 05:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Clark H356 (Post 2602981)
Yeah and by now where I used to vacation in Florida was supposed to be under water, the Arctic Ocean ice melted and I just heard this morning an Asteroid is heading straight for us and will get her in 2035! With all these expert forecasts, I think Iím going to go put my boat on the market.

2035? Folks, I am not worried about it. I'll be belly-up.

boatman61 25-03-2018 05:16

Gord.. One has to wonder..
Much has been made of 'The Beast from the East' in the UK.. yet I remember weather as bad or worse back in the 60's, 70's and 80's.. then we had a cycle of warmer conditions with milder winters..
People have short memories these days with the attention span of gnats programed to 30 second commercials and the latest FB hit..
Everything is sensational and everyones a hero.. and everyones trying to sell their own agenda..
One has to ask.. is it morally correct.. :biggrin:

Olddan1943 25-03-2018 05:20

We weren't content with the "sun spot" explanation?????

Per the ice melting? I have yet to lengthen my dock lines and I am in a marina right off the ICW.

fatherchronica 25-03-2018 08:30

If they do not bother to gather data and attempt to forecast, they will have no historical data to someday be accurate. With the ex CEO of Accuweather now in charge of NOAA, and promising us that in our near future all weather information will be privatized, we will be able to trust the predictions more.

taxwizz 25-03-2018 08:30

Quote:

Yeah and by now where I used to vacation in Florida was supposed to be under water, the Arctic Ocean ice melted and I just heard this morning an Asteroid is heading straight for us and will get her in 2035! With all these expert forecasts, I think Iím going to go put my boat on the market.

No..No.
With the rising water levels you will definitely NEED your boat.
Did you not see Waterworld?

:facepalm:

fatherchronica 25-03-2018 08:42

In California, Washington State, and Mexico and the parts of the Caribbean I have sailed they have floating docks. It is an amazing futuristic design that will allow us to not ever lengthen our docklines due to water level, even tidal changes, unless we use our boats. I pretty much tie up a little differently a lot, sometimes for scrubbing, or it is dark and we cannot see too well. We are considering making our boat a floating condo though and never retying our docklines. And don't start me on "An Inconvenient Truth", totally plagarized from NASA, NOAA and US Navy data, just collected to make Al Gore a rich man.

roland stockham 25-03-2018 08:44

Quote:

I recently saw one of the Florida mayors explaining the multi-million dollar project they have had to start in order to raise sea defenses and the massive pumps installed because the city now floods ever month with the spring tide. Yachts have now sailed the NW passage that used to be solid ice - just as predicted...
You don't need a lab to measure sea level rise, just a stick and a beach. Explaining it is more difficult. It could be the will of Allah, little green men or 98% of climate scientist could be right. Take your head out of the sand before rising sea levels come in and drown you!

fatherchronica 25-03-2018 08:46

Actually Al Gore just made the internet free for the public. We are finally getting over that massive giveaway, thank god. Net neutrality has really hampered innovation and profit for internet providers.

Rorzech 25-03-2018 09:00

If you want to cut through all the crap and get to the real proof of what's going on with our climate then check out this award winning channel. This guy will remove all doubt of whats going to happen with solid evidence. See for yourself !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDSc...em-uploademail

Rorzech 25-03-2018 09:03

As I recall Al Gore predicted that there would be NO polar ice left by the year 2013 ! We now have more Ice and polar bears than ever before ! WTH ?