Cruisers & Sailing Forums (https://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/)
-   Pacific & South China Sea (https://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/f23/)
-   -   French Polynesia carte de séjour for British citizen? (https://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/f23/french-polynesia-carte-de-s-jour-for-british-citizen-198662.html)

canadian cat 13-03-2018 15:20

French Polynesia carte de séjour for British citizen?
 
Does any one have recent experience with applying for carte de séjour" directly at the Prefecture in FP as a British citizen? I am wondering because of Brexit if the French are granting this to Brits. I am planing on applying in Papeete for my family as well who are not British citizens.

Dave852 13-03-2018 18:08

Re: French Polynesia carte de séjour for British citizen?
 
So no super recent experience but the family part will still be relevant . Back in 08 my wife and kids who had entered FP on French EU passports and myself whom had entered on a US passport found we needed to stay a few additional weeks. So my wife thinks since she and the kids are French it should be easy to persuade them to let me stay a little longer. Not so, no consideration at all. Well after that experience I obtained my British EU passport and the next trip through was easy. Of course I am in the same boat now facing loosing my EU status.

canadian cat 13-03-2018 20:14

Re: French Polynesia carte de séjour for British citizen?
 
I talked to a Dutch guy this summer that has US wife and kids. He applied in Papeeta and said it took three weeks with not too much fuss.

The French embassy web site says it should be fine, but ...

Dave852 14-03-2018 00:28

Re: French Polynesia carte de séjour for British citizen?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by canadian cat (Post 2595921)
I talked to a Dutch guy this summer that has US wife and kids. He applied in Papeeta and said it took three weeks with not too much fuss.



The French embassy web site says it should be fine, but ...



Sounds like they have relaxed a bit then. Will be interesting to hear from another British passport holder but I got to believe you are EU till your not.

chouliha 14-03-2018 01:26

French Polynesia carte de séjour for British citizen?
 
I am in FP for the past 3 years and the Brits at the moment are being treated as EU. I know that will change upon full exit from the EU.

I have written a document on how to apply for a French Polynesia long stay visa and obtaining a carte de sojour. You can find the write up on our website in “Other Good Stuff”

https://www.jacarandajourney.com/other-good-stuff

My wife is applying next week for her third renewal of her carte de sojour.

Happy to answer any questions you may have

Chuck

arsenelupiga 14-03-2018 02:02

Re: French Polynesia carte de séjour for British citizen?
 
i thought, there is no visa required for EU citizens for French polynesia and New Caledonia. At least that what says on New Caledonia official web page.


??

double u 14-03-2018 02:58

Re: French Polynesia carte de séjour for British citizen?
 
why don't youall become krauts or austrians? half of the syrian & afghani population is here already, youall won't matter!

chouliha 14-03-2018 10:17

Re: French Polynesia carte de séjour for British citizen?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by arsenelupiga (Post 2595977)
i thought, there is no visa required for EU citizens for French polynesia and New Caledonia. At least that what says on New Caledonia official web page.


??

You are correct EU citizens do not have to obtain a visa for FP. They just show up and all is good

Chuck

canadian cat 15-03-2018 13:23

Re: French Polynesia carte de séjour for British citizen?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by chouliha (Post 2595973)
I am in FP for the past 3 years and the Brits at the moment are being treated as EU. I know that will change upon full exit from the EU.

I have written a document on how to apply for a French Polynesia long stay visa and obtaining a carte de sojour. You can find the write up on our website in “Other Good Stuff”

jacaranda-journey

My wife is applying next week for her third renewal of her carte de sojour.

Happy to answer any questions you may have

Chuck

Thanks Chuck I will keep watching your site to see the latest update.

Gavin

chouliha 15-03-2018 16:40

Re: French Polynesia carte de séjour for British citizen?
 
Hi Gavin As you can tell by the version number on our write up the only known “for sure” is the FP government will change something.

Cheers

Chuck


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:13.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.


ShowCase vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.