Cruisers & Sailing Forums (https://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/)
-   Engines and Propulsion Systems (https://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/f54/)
-   -   Lengi Marine (https://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/f54/lengi-marine-197113.html)

Babybluelazer68 05-02-2018 22:40

Lengi Marine

Aloha everyone. Just wanted to know if anyone here has bought a Yanmar of any model from this company. Because My trusty Yanmar 1gm that I put more faith into than productive maintenance over the years has given up the ghost and this company Lengi Marine has said they could give me a new motor for half the price the competition is asking.

GordMay 06-02-2018 05:34

Re: Lengi Marine

Greetings and welcome aboard the CF, Babybluelazer.

SailsWithFists 06-02-2018 06:17

I did tons of research on Lengi Marine when I was searching for a replacement. They were very attentive to my questions, but I simply could not determine if they actually existed. Even though their business registrations were valid, phone and email worked, there was no other evidence I could find.

I have no contacts in Indonesia who could do research, so I used Google earth for the address and could not find their business at the registered address. I also checked with the dealer registries of every make they list and could find their business listed for any of the makes they sell.

Businesses might work differently in Indonesia, but I was wary without actual manufacturer's listing them as a dealer, and no way to verify the address they list.

(They only list discontinued engines, so they may be a reseller)

Babybluelazer68 07-02-2018 03:53

Thanks SailsWithFists for info on LM. I was thinking if they took credit card I could cancel payment if it were a scam. Interesting you said they only list discontinued engines. I thought yanmar was still making the 1gm10. ? They did say the one that they had was old stock (2016).

SailsWithFists 07-02-2018 05:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Babybluelazer68 (Post 2571672)
Thanks SailsWithFists for info on LM. I was thinking if they took credit card I could cancel payment if it were a scam. Interesting you said they only list discontinued engines. I thought yanmar was still making the 1gm10. ? They did say the one that they had was old stock (2016).

Yes, old stock, some variants are discontinued. They did not carry anything recent. Who knows. Maybe they act as a clearing house on those types of products. But you would still think that the address would show up in an Earth search matching their name with a store front or warehouse. Like I said, maybe business works differently in Indonesia where a Wok Shop and Diesel shop are in the same address? Woks in the front, diesels in the back.

I just was not willing to risk the $10k without knowing for sure.

Babybluelazer68 07-02-2018 13:21

Woks in the front diesels in the back. I love it . Was in the market for a bigger frying pan as well. if I do end up doing it I will definitely post results . I have now heard of a hand full of people that know the name but never have dealt with the company.

florentin 20-06-2019 18:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by SailsWithFists (Post 2571123)
I did tons of research on Lengi Marine when I was searching for a replacement. They were very attentive to my questions, but I simply could not determine if they actually existed. Even though their business registrations were valid, phone and email worked, there was no other evidence I could find.

I have no contacts in Indonesia who could do research, so I used Google earth for the address and could not find their business at the registered address. I also checked with the dealer registries of every make they list and could find their business listed for any of the makes they sell.

Businesses might work differently in Indonesia, but I was wary without actual manufacturer's listing them as a dealer, and no way to verify the address they list.

(They only list discontinued engines, so they may be a reseller)

hi,

has anyone a phone number of lengi marine , that works?

regards,

Florentin