Cruisers & Sailing Forums (https://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/)
-   Liveaboard's Forum (https://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/f74/)
-   -   Single Men Living Aboard and Cruising... an honest look. (https://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/f74/single-men-living-aboard-and-cruising-an-honest-look-152569.html)

boatman61 09-01-2020 08:48

Re: Single Men Living Aboard and Cruising... an honest look.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by gamayun (Post 3052358)
I'll just leave this article linked here for those who are older, AND single, AND wanting a sailing partner whose interests and place in life coalesce with your own. According to the reasearch, men would likely have better luck finding a unicorn; it's even worse for women. To wit: "A 2017 study led by Michael Rosenfeld, a social demographer at Stanford University, found that the percentage of single, straight women who met at least one new person for dating or sex in the previous 12 months was about 50 percent for women at age 20, 20 percent at age 40, and only 5 percent at age 65. (The date-finding rates were more consistent over time for the men surveyed.)"

The Atlantic: What It’s Like to Date After Middle Age.
https://www.theatlantic.com/family/a...wsstand-family

Women getting more picky with age, experience and fewer 'Raging Hormones'.. :biggrin:

sailorboy1 09-01-2020 09:29

Re: Single Men Living Aboard and Cruising... an honest look.
 
Near as i have able to tell is that single boaters tend to seem a little “strange”. The question becomes which came first:

- single boater
- strangeness

fish53 09-01-2020 09:47

Re: Single Men Living Aboard and Cruising... an honest look.
 
I'm single, 66yo and married twice. My working career was on the water as a professional captain and fisherman for over forty years. I'm currently living on my 28 ft. sailboat with my little dog. I wouldn't mind having a woman but in all my years of experience I've yet to meet a woman that truly wants to live a minimalist lifestyle on a smallish boat. I'm not saying they're not out there but the pool of suitable applicants is miniscule and I'm not holding my breath.

Pelagic 09-01-2020 12:31

Re: Single Men Living Aboard and Cruising... an honest look.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by gamayun (Post 3052358)
I'll just leave this article linked here for those who are older, AND single, AND wanting a sailing partner whose interests and place in life coalesce with your own. According to the reasearch, men would likely have better luck finding a unicorn; it's even worse for women. To wit: "A 2017 study led by Michael Rosenfeld, a social demographer at Stanford University, found that the percentage of single, straight women who met at least one new person for dating or sex in the previous 12 months was about 50 percent for women at age 20, 20 percent at age 40, and only 5 percent at age 65. (The date-finding rates were more consistent over time for the men surveyed.)"

The Atlantic: What It’s Like to Date After Middle Age.
https://www.theatlantic.com/family/a...wsstand-family

Pretty depressing article if you were to accept it.

Due to advances in medical treatments we are living longer, yet retaining the same Age stereotypes.

Unfortunately, moral judgements encouraging single people to stay within their age group when dating, is part of the problem in the States

In other countries, older women are now dating younger men, just as single men have been doing for generations. (Guilt free)

I just hope that older single women can break free of that mindset to stay within their age group when dating and they can find themselves a nice intelligent chewy [emoji57] [emoji4]

owly 09-01-2020 12:48

Re: Single Men Living Aboard and Cruising... an honest look.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by gamayun (Post 3052358)
I'll just leave this article linked here for those who are older, AND single, AND wanting a sailing partner whose interests and place in life coalesce with your own. According to the reasearch, men would likely have better luck finding a unicorn; it's even worse for women. To wit: "A 2017 study led by Michael Rosenfeld, a social demographer at Stanford University, found that the percentage of single, straight women who met at least one new person for dating or sex in the previous 12 months was about 50 percent for women at age 20, 20 percent at age 40, and only 5 percent at age 65. (The date-finding rates were more consistent over time for the men surveyed.)"

The Atlantic: What It’s Like to Date After Middle Age.
https://www.theatlantic.com/family/a...wsstand-family


I guess "older and single" (64) applies to me......... I don't "date" in any conventional sense, and have no real interest in seeking a "partner", aside from that enduring fantasy we all have of meeting the love of my life, my other half.... which I really do not believe in or expect. The idea that approaching strangers is not acceptable is laughable. I approach strangers all the time for enjoyable conversation, and have never felt that it was uncomfortable or unwelcome... nor am I insensitive to people's feelings. I like to keep things light, casual, and comfortable, not freighted with "romantic overhead"... but I'm not looking for a partner or even a roll in the hay. Perhaps it's like hunting versus walking in the woods. You see wildlife when walking, but when hunting they sense what you are up to and hide....... I seem to be at my best among strangers for some reason... My friends notice this, and don't really understand it.....nor do I. I'll meet a total stranger(s) in the Costco checkout, and they'll invite me over?? Iike my solitude, and I'm not sure I want to share it ;-)... but I've led an interesting life and done things other people cannot imagine, have a million stories to tell......... all more or less true. Just now I called a lady friend and asked her if she would like to join me on a hike Saturday, and she eagerly accepted... though it will be about 30F and snow on the ground... I knew she was lonely, and feeling cooped up, suffering from the annual SADS... I'd have been happy to go alone, and would cover double the ground, but why not share it with someone else?.........is that a "date"? Not in my book...But that is typical for me. "I feel like sailing down to ____ 'wanna go along?..... I'm doing it regardless, you can join me or not as you please.

Most people our age are "damaged goods" in some sense.... especially women unfortunately.

H.W.

Hardhead 09-01-2020 13:43

Re: Single Men Living Aboard and Cruising... an honest look.
 
As has been stated, I think the key, really - is to just be nice in a platonic way, to be open to conversation, and to be engaged with the surroundings. Expect nothing to come of it, but if it does, don't hesitate to linger a bit. A lot of single people would like to meet new partners, but neither of a pair breaks the ice.

john61ct 09-01-2020 14:43

Re: Single Men Living Aboard and Cruising... an honest look.
 
I really have a problem with the assumption that being coupled should be the norm, that being single is an undesirable condition.

I think once compelling horniness has passed, older and wiser people are just more realistic about the compromises required to live with a significant other, and are less willing to make those trade-offs.

Sure if it happens fine, we'll give it a go, but it's just not a goal worth putting much time and energy toward "achieving".

Therefore, it usually just doesn't happen, and that's **just fine**.

If that were accepted as the new normal, maybe then we could move on to non-romantic relationships getting valued just as or more highly, structured arrangements more conducive to fostering companionships, co-housing, shared recreation spaces that cross all the age groups etc.

Since our natural communities have been dissolving, those connections need to be fostered intentionally, and setting aside the romantic/sexual aspect wojld really help make the process easier.

gamayun 09-01-2020 16:40

Re: Single Men Living Aboard and Cruising... an honest look.
 
I certainly believe being single is my norm. If you think of it in a historical sense, coupling is really only necessary for procreation and there's no biological need for it once past child rearing age. It's only been over the past half century that women have had an easier time being able to support themselves and life expectancies have increased substantially (one could only expect to live about 66 years in the US in 1950) so women have way more choices now. Yet, there are still more single women than men. I think it's unusual for a man to stay single for very long. Are men just "settling" because they don't like the new normal?

As to expanding one's options by seeking a younger mate instead of someone the same age, the same point can be made if people were to seek partners who are of different races and cultures as well as the same sex. Maybe join a powerboating group rather than just stick with sailors. It certainly would broaden the cohort.

Checkswrecks 09-01-2020 17:27

Re: Single Men Living Aboard and Cruising... an honest look.
 
I agree with gamayun that procreation has a lot to do with it and the following seems to suggest that:
https://etmoneyshop.com/wp-content/u...rates-2017.png

Once the kids grow and there's no longer seeing the other parents at the weekly school activities like sports, a lot of the marital glue is also gone UNLESS people have something else that they like to do together. Church, travel, etc, we need to have something to keep us together as friends.

Singularity 09-01-2020 18:08

Re: Single Men Living Aboard and Cruising... an honest look.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pelagic (Post 3052502)
...Unfortunately, moral judgements encouraging single people to stay within their age group when dating, is part of the problem in the States

I'd suggest that socio-economic-legal issues in the US have largely overtaken the historic moral issue resulting in one dating outside their own age group. It's a third-rail topic, but the "fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice shame on me" concept routinely applies to older men (who learn/are encouraged to avoid dating same-age cohorts with a history of "having a change of heart" in a no-fault divorce world).

Change of heart seems biologically normative, while not knowing this can cost someone half their net worth. In the US more often than not (66-75+% of the time) it is the woman that has the change of heart. Men are disinclined to approach these women (with the the latter having increased difficulty finding a same-age partner, if so inclined to look). Did I mention third-rail topic?

Otherwise humans seem to have plumbing to live around 40 years on average. If not for clean water, vaccinations, and seat belts, we wouldn't have these problems. :)

lancelot9898 09-01-2020 19:05

Re: Single Men Living Aboard and Cruising... an honest look.
 
I've considered cruising by myself, but somehow I don't want to. I've been married most of my life and to three different women. And all three I remain friend with and feel fortunate having them in my life. Now that I'm older it's becoming harder in finding someone who enjoys exploring the wonders of this world. I'm planning on taking a road trip to Tucson this coming winter and hike the desserts and the local mountains. I'll probably go on match to find someone. There are many disappointments but nothing worthwhile comes easily. I did find someone who did enjoy the boat and sailing and we spent 11 years together until her passing some 3 years ago. We never married and I miss her very much, but for me life is about sharing the voyage be it on sea or land with someone you love.

Pelagic 09-01-2020 20:11

Re: Single Men Living Aboard and Cruising... an honest look.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by gamayun (Post 3052648)
I certainly believe being single is my norm. If you think of it in a historical sense, coupling is really only necessary for procreation and there's no biological need for it once past child rearing age. It's only been over the past half century that women have had an easier time being able to support themselves and life expectancies have increased substantially (one could only expect to live about 66 years in the US in 1950) so women have way more choices now. Yet, there are still more single women than men. I think it's unusual for a man to stay single for very long. Are men just "settling" because they don't like the new normal?

As to expanding one's options by seeking a younger mate instead of someone the same age, the same point can be made if people were to seek partners who are of different races and cultures as well as the same sex. Maybe join a powerboating group rather than just stick with sailors. It certainly would broaden the cohort.

I'm glad that strong women have become more empowered and unfettered from the traditional supporting 'good wife' model.

But not all women are strong and not all men are strong in all things (or sometimes anything for that matter)

Some like to be protect and some like to feel protected.

Strong men are conditioned to protect, but modern women are fighting that mindset in a male partner resulting in a confusing angst within the relationship.

Perhaps that's why same sex relationships when good, are very good!

The importance of being selfish is to know and accept what your own basic needs are, then hopefully find a special friend whose own needs, compliment yours..
... or if you feel that's impossible, go it alone.

Marriage is the great killer of honesty, as you have already institutionalised your needs based on social and legal expectations. Why someone would consider marriage today, is beyond me!

My point is that statistics and trends about relationships are meaningless when you are looking into your own inermost needs in a relationship.

After 14 years in a wonderful relationship, we just love how different we are from each other yet somehow together, we both feel whole.

Perhaps Yin and Yang have it right?

gamayun 10-01-2020 21:50

Re: Single Men Living Aboard and Cruising... an honest look.
 
Pelagic, I think we're dancing around the same thought but maybe just saying it in slightly different ways. I just recently heard about "comparative advantage" (an economic term) described in terms of two people in a relationship. Say you're better at X than your better half but they have the time to do X. From a comparative advantage standpoint, your spouse/partner should do it instead. Not "you're the guy, you should do X." I'm not opposed to an emotionally-based, boy/girl loving relationship, but I really don't have time anymore to argue that my splicing skills are way better and more efficient than your painting abilities, so you should shut up and paint the deck already while I go splice dock lines.....

Or something like that. Still working through that thought process :)

Pelagic 10-01-2020 23:08

Re: Single Men Living Aboard and Cruising... an honest look.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by gamayun (Post 3053499)

....., but I really don't have time anymore to argue that my splicing skills are way better and more efficient than your painting abilities, so you should shut up and paint the deck already while I go splice dock lines.....

Or something like that. Still working through that thought process :)

Yes, we are on the same page but I had to laugh at that splicing part.

I'm used to it cause Zaida talks to me the same way (I love it)

Already have that decision put to music if ever you were to sail with us. [emoji2]

Come on Baby... Splice my wire !

https://youtu.be/tqlBJclyuMY

AndyEss 10-01-2020 23:59

Re: Single Men Living Aboard and Cruising... an honest look.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by gamayun (Post 3052648)
I certainly believe being single is my norm. If you think of it in a historical sense, coupling is really only necessary for procreation and there's no biological need for it once past child rearing age.

I disagree profoundly that human sexuality is a fitting of complementary parts to create offspring. It is of course a bit of a chicken and egg thing, but homo sapiens is a profoundly social species. It is fascinating that besides ants, bees, some spiders (termites?) the only other social species on the planet is homo sapiens. Big, big gap in that genetic record. E. O. Wilson writes fascinating things about humans based on his decades of research on bees and ants.
Pair bonding is critical in any successful relationship (duh). Frans de Waal writes fascinating observations in studying bonobo and chimpanzees - our closest genetic relatives. Bonobos use female sexuality to modify social structure, chimpanzees use male violence: We evolved as a species using sex as the most powerful bonding agent. Just because many of us are older and having children isn’t possible anymore, doesn’t mean we are
just a collection of plumbing.

AndyEss 11-01-2020 00:02

Re: Single Men Living Aboard and Cruising... an honest look.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by gamayun (Post 3053499)
." I'm not opposed to an emotionally-based, boy/girl loving relationship, but I really don't have time anymore to argue that my splicing skills are way better and more efficient than your painting abilities, so you should shut up and paint the deck already while I go splice dock lines.....

Or something like that. Still working through that thought process :)

Gamayun - ya gotta stop dating Neanderthals. Who in his right mind wouldn’t acknowledge another’s superior skills?

JPA Cate 11-01-2020 03:18

Re: Single Men Living Aboard and Cruising... an honest look.
 
For the younger ones among us.....it is not much talked about, but at some point in one's life, sexual congress becomes less important, and quality of reciprocity in relationships more important.

Ann

Saleen411 11-01-2020 20:03

Re: Single Men Living Aboard and Cruising... an honest look.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by JPA Cate (Post 3053575)
For the younger ones among us.....it is not much talked about, but at some point in one's life, sexual congress becomes less important, and quality of reciprocity in relationships more important.

Ann

I was hoping that would be around age 90 or so?:biggrin:

alansmith 12-01-2020 03:31

Re: Single Men Living Aboard and Cruising... an honest look.
 
Maybe, I’m the odd pear in the fruit basket. But I enjoy marriage and what it brings to life. My wife is Chinese. She is my third wife. Married 18 years and three children. A bird living with a fish. Second wife was Russian and broke my heart when she passed from breast cancer. Then I married again at 63.

With companionship comes a different type of growth then when single. I’m not saying better... I’m saying different. I’ve never been treated better. We love so many things together. I agree with Ann Cate, 1 million percent, that reciprocity is important. There are things that rub me the wrong way at times but I believe that the relationship is more important than infuriating her with
My petty squabble. They say the atmosphere in the home is very important. I notice people’s intolerances on so many levels ...yet ignore their own deeply flawed natures.

I guess I’m lucky. If you can find someone that you can co-exist with. Man that is so fulfilling and adds a deep satisfaction in living. God, I just love snuggling up with her at the end of the day. Her soft legs entwined with mine. The scent of her hair in my nostrils. My hand cupping her breast as we drift off to sleep. It couldn’t be better.

Pelagic 12-01-2020 04:50

Re: Single Men Living Aboard and Cruising... an honest look.
 
Yup! [emoji179]

Checkswrecks 13-01-2020 18:43

Re: Single Men Living Aboard and Cruising... an honest look.
 
Not really cruising but we found our balance has been keeping two houses which are close, communicating constantly about everything every day, physically being together several nights a week and days when we we want. I needed something today and she dropped what she was doing to come over. There's a lot we like to do together but the kids are long grown and so we share without a lot of the minor daily hassles. It's a balance that has worked for us for years.

Besides, I don't need to hear all the reality shows every night and she is not subjected to my shop projects or sports.
:thumb:

Hunterdog 26-01-2020 16:19

Re: Single Men Living Aboard and Cruising... an honest look.
 
Do what you love...and people will seek you out who love what you do.
Sounds like you do not love the crappy cat.

owly 29-01-2020 10:32

Re: Single Men Living Aboard and Cruising... an honest look.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hunterdog (Post 3062662)
Do what you love...and people will seek you out who love what you do.
Sounds like you do not love the crappy cat.


This is a great reply: "Do what you love...and people will seek you out who love what you do"



I've lived my life that way......... Romance has been fairly sparse for me, but that's hardly an accident, as I've structured my life in ways that make me less desirable, at least to those with superficial desires. I don't need or want a lot of casual relationships. The average duration for me is 8-12 years. I'm fine solo...... I refuse to pursue... that should not be necessary. If the "magic" is there, you will find each other. To me a woman who "needs" to be pursued needs someone other than me.



As I look around me and see the unhappiness that people suffer in relationships, I'm not at all unhappy to be currently unencumbered. Just yesterday I was talking to a friend on the phone....... 2 years into his second marriage, his wife is having "buyers remorse"........ He doesn't understand why...... I see very little of it, but have a pretty good idea that rather than focusing on "her problem", a bit of self examination is in order. It takes two, and if the foundation that their marriage is built on is not solid, it has very little chance. What comes to mind is the definition of insanity...... doing the same thing again and again and expecting different results. I think that applies here but I can't put a finger on it exactly from the outside.



Personally I gave up on marriage 42 years ago...........

Singularity 29-01-2020 12:16

Re: Single Men Living Aboard and Cruising... an honest look.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by owly (Post 3064509)
...Just yesterday I was talking to a friend on the phone....... 2 years into his second marriage, his wife is having "buyers remorse"........ He doesn't understand why...... I see very little of it, but have a pretty good idea that rather than focusing on "her problem", a bit of self examination is in order. It takes two, and if the foundation that their marriage is built on is not solid, it has very little chance. What comes to mind is the definition of insanity...... doing the same thing again and again and expecting different results. I think that applies here but I can't put a finger on it exactly from the outside....

Arguably this is putting your finger on it:

There's some extremely compelling science* to explain this phenomenon. It ultimately relates to brain chemical changes that occur between the onset of the relationship and 9-18 months after the start. Dropping (back to baseline) ~feel good/feel right hormones 9+ months into the relationship results in a perspective (i.e. emotional) shift that causes one to look at their purchase (and alternative options) from another angle. This is reflected in the lyrics to countless songs (e.g. "once upon a time I was falling in love, now I'm only falling apart...nothing I can do, a total eclipse of the heart"). Incidentally this appears to be the same neurobiology that compels people to buy more and more, newer and newer stuff in life, instead of just making do with the thing they bought 15 years ago that still would get the job done. Most people enjoy wanting more than having...it's sort of an adaptive biology thing, if problematic in relationships and personal economics.

If society knew this stuff it'd deeply cut into the livelihood of wedding planners, divorce attorneys, etc (assuming people in fact were looking to pair-bond for life instead of repetitively riding he emotional roller-coaster explained by the science). It'd also save people money by teaching them why they're addicted to buying new crap, but this too would ding the economy. *A quick google search can find many papers and lectures on the subject. Evolutionary biologists offer that the love cycle stuff lasts about a year or so for reasons having to do with maximizing mom's chance of finding the strongest possible dad such that her kids have the best survival chances. YMMV :)

owly 29-01-2020 13:08

Re: Single Men Living Aboard and Cruising... an honest look.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Singularity (Post 3064544)
Arguably this is putting your finger on it:

There's some extremely compelling science* to explain this phenomenon. It ultimately relates to brain chemical changes that occur between the onset of the relationship and 9-18 months after the start. Dropping (back to baseline) ~feel good/feel right hormones 9+ months into the relationship results in a perspective (i.e. emotional) shift that causes one to look at their purchase (and alternative options) from another angle. This is reflected in the lyrics to countless songs (e.g. "once upon a time I was falling in love, now I'm only falling apart...nothing I can do, a total eclipse of the heart"). Incidentally this appears to be the same neurobiology that compels people to buy more and more, newer and newer stuff in life, instead of just making do with the thing they bought 15 years ago that still would get the job done. Most people enjoy wanting more than having...it's sort of an adaptive biology thing, if problematic in relationships and personal economics.

If society knew this stuff it'd deeply cut into the livelihood of wedding planners, divorce attorneys, etc (assuming people in fact were looking to pair-bond for life instead of repetitively riding he emotional roller-coaster explained by the science). It'd also save people money by teaching them why they're addicted to buying new crap, but this too would ding the economy. *A quick google search can find many papers and lectures on the subject. Evolutionary biologists offer that the love cycle stuff lasts about a year or so for reasons having to do with maximizing mom's chance of finding the strongest possible dad such that her kids have the best survival chances. YMMV :)




In this case it is a relationship spanning many years..... off and on, so this doesn't quite apply 100%....... Marriage as a way to breath new life into a relationship is hollow, and I silently opposed it, seeing it for what it really was. Likewise having a baby together..... something I mentioned in a previous post....... You don't solve things, just defer them...... yes, the very same couple.

multi-hulls 13-03-2021 19:44

Re: Single Men Living Aboard and Cruising... an honest look.
 
I know where Venus is, but I think there's been some thread drift :whistling:

akopac 13-03-2021 20:46

Re: Single Men Living Aboard and Cruising... an honest look.
 
Try using amine-less epoxy

Albinvega27 13-03-2021 21:11

Re: Single Men Living Aboard and Cruising... an honest look.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by 2hullvenus (Post 1908411)
I'm divorced.

I have a 50' corecell/epoxy catamaran that needs a year worth of work inside and another dump truck full of money, including several staterooms and a rig done. (quote for rig? $48,000) It's currently in power boat mode.

I've been having a lot of good luck lately meeting great, incredibly attractive younger women. However, as a generality, they are not interested in living with me on half finished boats, nor traveling or leaving their jobs/family.

These women were met online at first, then in real life. They are scattered throughout the usa, many of them inland.

They all have local lives and aren't ready to travel, nevermind on a boat that is still a construction project.

I'm getting older now and though I can still attract very, very attractive women, it's not going to be that way much longer. I'm in a window of opportunity looks/money wise to attract great ones right now. BUT... I'm wasting a fortune on my boat and have basically nowhere to host anyone still due to it being unlivable for females (i can tough it out just fine)

So... I'm seriously considering selling this boat as a project boat, converting a box truck and roaming the country to date/meet people. Later, with someone or when I feel like it, I could put the vehicle on a roro ship and send it to various countries, fly there and explore.

I have been on boats for my whole adult life, living aboard, making a living from them, etc.

Boats feel confining to me right now in that I can't get anywhere quickly or travel to most of the world (just to the harbors) with them.

I am stuck on the East Coast of the USA. I want to go to the west coast, the Midwest, to Europe, Asia. By the time I get this boat done and ready for ocean crossings, I'll be much older. I could get an rv done in a few months. It's just one room/bathroom and systems. The catamaran is huge. So many rooms. I have also developed an epoxy allergy helping the pro builders that built the boat, so I can hardly do the odds and ends without discomfort. I had planned to finish the interior myself.

I'd love to hire someone to do the interior, but couldn't afford much more than $15/hr take home for them.

What's a single guy to do?

Keep sacrificing my life to this boat, or get out and go live?

Why are there so many single guys on boats too? That's kind of disturbing to think I may end up as one of them (no offense, but I'm very into being with women... like it more than boats).

What should I do?

:whistling::whistling:I do some nice smiling while reading your post. Have had the same problem and thinking like you and came to a solution.:banghead::banghead:I need to get the womens out of my brain, since solitary life is hitting on my head (not the wall). I figured out in order to survive the "today female standard" I would need to buy my friends Swan 61. His Swan, made up for world cruising has even a chamber for vegetables. But the problem is, he configured the boat for singlehand circumnavigation. And if a female comes on board he would have to eliminate that chamber (which I love, btw). And that would take the boat immediately out of attraction again. So I realize, I better do more projection on "which are my goals in 3rd age", than continuing looking for my "perfect soulmate" in a time, in which my goals are so opposed to female hormons (50+ women get IKEA hormons, which means remodeling the house every 6 month at latest with you in it).
:peace::peace:I wanted to go with Tinder, 50Plus, Parship, even Craigs List (only for Sex). But not even the latest goes wihtout Viagra and I still don´t know, how Viagra will interact with Corona vacciantion. Maybe I get some brain bleeding like with AstraZeneca, don´t know yet?:nonono::nonono:I wonder where all this is going. Specially, how do I will continue sailing in between all the oil platforms offshore Texas and Louisiana, Windparks offshore Holland and newest, Orcas chasing my rudder offshore Portugal. God, I am getting to old for all that stuff... should I be looking for a chair in front of the cheminee? Even the storms have become harsher and liveaboard is getting more and more bored.:facepalm::facepalm:In the past we used to sit in the Marina having a table for singlehanders? Now, all we get is a Internet Forum for sailors with "very" experienced sailors and some Iphone, GPS and charting....:popcorn::popcorn: I´m definitely to old for hard questions.
Y´all have a good sailing... with or without your soulmates...

MikeHoncho 13-03-2021 23:44

Re: Single Men Living Aboard and Cruising... an honest look.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Albinvega27 (Post 3364320)
:whistling::whistling:I do some nice smiling while reading your post. Have had the same problem and thinking like you and came to a solution.:banghead::banghead:I need to get the womens out of my brain, since solitary life is hitting on my head (not the wall). I figured out in order to survive the "today female standard" I would need to buy my friends Swan 61. His Swan, made up for world cruising has even a chamber for vegetables. But the problem is, he configured the boat for singlehand circumnavigation. And if a female comes on board he would have to eliminate that chamber (which I love, btw). And that would take the boat immediately out of attraction again. So I realize, I better do more projection on "which are my goals in 3rd age", than continuing looking for my "perfect soulmate" in a time, in which my goals are so opposed to female hormons (50+ women get IKEA hormons, which means remodeling the house every 6 month at latest with you in it).
:peace::peace:I wanted to go with Tinder, 50Plus, Parship, even Craigs List (only for Sex). But not even the latest goes wihtout Viagra and I still don´t know, how Viagra will interact with Corona vacciantion. Maybe I get some brain bleeding like with AstraZeneca, don´t know yet?:nonono::nonono:I wonder where all this is going. Specially, how do I will continue sailing in between all the oil platforms offshore Texas and Louisiana, Windparks offshore Holland and newest, Orcas chasing my rudder offshore Portugal. God, I am getting to old for all that stuff... should I be looking for a chair in front of the cheminee? Even the storms have become harsher and liveaboard is getting more and more bored.:facepalm::facepalm:In the past we used to sit in the Marina having a table for singlehanders? Now, all we get is a Internet Forum for sailors with "very" experienced sailors and some Iphone, GPS and charting....:popcorn::popcorn: I´m definitely to old for hard questions.
Y´all have a good sailing... with or without your soulmates...

Well I wonder what he ended up doing since the original post was in 2015

Albinvega27 14-03-2021 00:17

Re: Single Men Living Aboard and Cruising... an honest look.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeHoncho (Post 3364357)
Well I wonder what he ended up doing since the original post was in 2015

Probably, since the threads are not self-eliminating due to time, he is still floating in endless Universe :-)

StuM 14-03-2021 01:56

Re: Single Men Living Aboard and Cruising... an honest look.
 
He joined in Jul 2015 and hasn''t been back to CF since Nov 2015 :)

Albinvega27 14-03-2021 02:07

Re: Single Men Living Aboard and Cruising... an honest look.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by StuM (Post 3364392)
He joined in Jul 2015 and hasn''t been back to CF since Nov 2015 :)

Well then, we must be honest... he´s done a hell of a job. The thread is still ongoing and this - means money. Hard coins!

Hesti 14-03-2021 04:46

Re: Single Men Living Aboard and Cruising... an honest look.
 
Just guessing:


Nibbled a bit, got hooked, got landed (found a girl and settled down) and happily working through his honeydolist ...

Blue Crab 14-03-2021 04:48

Re: Single Men Living Aboard and Cruising... an honest look.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by StuM (Post 3364392)
He joined in Jul 2015 and hasn't been back to CF since Nov 2015 :)

Let's be positive: Maybe he won a lottery, finished the boat, and is on his third circumnavigation with an all gal crew.

Training Wheels 14-03-2021 06:29

Re: Single Men Living Aboard and Cruising... an honest look.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Blue Crab (Post 3364445)
Let's be positive: Maybe he won a lottery, finished the boat, and is on his third circumnavigation with an all gal crew.



He’d have to have a Wharram for that....


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 17:21.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.


ShowCase vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.