Cruisers & Sailing Forums (https://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/)
-   Liveaboard's Forum (https://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/f74/)
-   -   Single Men Living Aboard and Cruising... an honest look. (https://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/f74/single-men-living-aboard-and-cruising-an-honest-look-152569.html)

boatman61 06-02-2018 16:37

Re: Single Men Living Aboard and Cruising... an honest look.
 
Thats Latin dancing..
You should see the Portuguese doing the Kizomba on the dance floor in discos.. :biggrin:

https://youtu.be/hgefcBW611w


Three Sisters 06-02-2018 23:19

Re: Single Men Living Aboard and Cruising... an honest look.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by boatman61 (Post 2571453)
Thats Latin dancing..
You should see the Portuguese doing the Kizomba on the dance floor in discos.. :biggrin:

https://youtu.be/hgefcBW611w


:popcorn:
Easily performed on the foredeck. Looks like fun !

boatman61 07-02-2018 06:07

Re: Single Men Living Aboard and Cruising... an honest look.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Three Sisters (Post 2571625)
:popcorn:
Easily performed on the foredeck. Looks like fun !

Perfect dance for disco nights on the veranda of a cruising condo.. :thumb:

Three Sisters 07-02-2018 07:53

Re: Single Men Living Aboard and Cruising... an honest look.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by boatman61 (Post 2571728)
Perfect dance for disco nights on the veranda of a cruising condo.. :thumb:

:popcorn:With a veranda then there is room to get down to the real nitty gritty


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvWtyvO3OHI :smile:

Olddan1943 07-02-2018 08:06

Re: Single Men Living Aboard and Cruising... an honest look.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by boatman61 (Post 2571728)
Perfect dance for disco nights on the veranda of a cruising condo.. :thumb:

The dance really should really be inside incase of in-climate weather. Oh an open bar too.

Melissa36 07-02-2018 10:08

Re: Single Men Living Aboard and Cruising... an honest look.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by boatman61 (Post 2569799)
Tell that to the 'Me Too' people like Uma Thurman crying 25yrs after the event.. maybe a lot of 'Harvey' things would not have happened in the following years..
The reality is they went along because they knew the next audition might go along with it and they'd maybe not get the part.
Live with your choices.. don't cry and bleed over everyone Facebook style..

If you read the books by Fritz Springmeier and the book "Thanks for the Memories" by Brice Taylor (which you can find online) and watch Kay Grigg's videos on You Tube, you might understand why most victims never report incidents, why they may never talk about them until decades later and why they might not even remember them until decades later. However, people could never really understand or imagine what they are like unless they have experienced them firsthand and people should never have to have these experiences firsthand to know that they are real and they are widespread. The amount of free will that people in Hollywood have is not what outsiders think. Ignorance of self defense is the apex of foolishness and the esoteric tarot didn't show the archetypal human as the traveling fool on the edge of a cliff for no reason.

boatman61 07-02-2018 10:39

Re: Single Men Living Aboard and Cruising... an honest look.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Melissa36 (Post 2571841)
If you read the books by Fritz Springmeier and the book "Thanks for the Memories" by Brice Taylor (which you can find online) and watch Kay Grigg's videos on You Tube, you might understand why most victims never report incidents, why they may never talk about them until decades later and why they might not even remember them until decades later. However, people could never really understand or imagine what they are like unless they have experienced them firsthand and people should never have to have these experiences firsthand to know that they are real and they are widespread. The amount of free will that people in Hollywood have is not what outsiders think. Ignorance of self defense is the apex of foolishness and the esoteric tarot didn't show the archetypal human as the traveling fool on the edge of a cliff for no reason.

Some folks don't have to read books.. including men.. its not a gender exclusive thing, contrary to popular belief.

LLizzard 07-02-2018 10:58

Re: Single Men Living Aboard and Cruising... an honest look.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Melissa36 (Post 2571841)
If you read the books by Fritz Springmeier and the book "Thanks for the Memories" by Brice Taylor (which you can find online) and watch Kay Grigg's videos on You Tube, you might understand why most victims never report incidents, why they may never talk about them until decades later and why they might not even remember them until decades later. However, people could never really understand or imagine what they are like unless they have experienced them firsthand and people should never have to have these experiences firsthand to know that they are real and they are widespread. The amount of free will that people in Hollywood have is not what outsiders think. Ignorance of self defense is the apex of foolishness and the esoteric tarot didn't show the archetypal human as the traveling fool on the edge of a cliff for no reason.

Not to make light of the serious post above, but to help keep on topic, many Hollywood folks own boats. https://www.cruisersforum.com/images/.../whistling.gif

Melissa36 07-02-2018 11:33

Re: Single Men Living Aboard and Cruising... an honest look.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by boatman61 (Post 2571865)
Some folks don't have to read books.. including men.. its not a gender exclusive thing, contrary to popular belief.

Exactly. Kay Griggs' videos explain how Navy SEALs actually get there.

Three Sisters 07-02-2018 12:03

Re: Single Men Living Aboard and Cruising... an honest look.
 
1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 163671

JPA Cate 07-02-2018 15:32

Re: Single Men Living Aboard and Cruising... an honest look.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Three Sisters (Post 2571926)

My goodness, Three Sisters,

You could start a new button trend! Got a name for them? Might look slick on Navy blue blazers!

Back to boats, people, please.

Simi 60 07-02-2018 16:15

Re: Single Men Living Aboard and Cruising... an honest look.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by boatman61 (Post 2571453)
Thats Latin dancing..
You should see the Portuguese doing the Kizomba on the dance floor in discos.. :biggrin:

https://youtu.be/hgefcBW611w



No leaving six inches for the holy spirit there.:biggrin:

boatman61 07-02-2018 18:04

Re: Single Men Living Aboard and Cruising... an honest look.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Simi 60 (Post 2572073)
No leaving six inches for the holy spirit there.:biggrin:

Twin keel shallow draft..:thumb:

Pelagic 07-02-2018 18:41

Re: Single Men Living Aboard and Cruising... an honest look.
 
Those cameras must be heavy, they have trouble holding them up![emoji4]

lifemiles 07-02-2018 20:00

Re: Single Men Living Aboard and Cruising... an honest look.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by 2hullvenus (Post 1908439)
Priorities. Good point. Here they are.

1) Travel/flexibility to travel
2) Money required to travel
3) Nubile young hotties ;)

Boats are great. A great thing to share with others. Frankly, I feel like I'm missing out on a week of my life when making a single handed passage. I've been on boats continuously for 20 years. The actual boating is nice, but not all that thrilling. I'm 42. 25-30 year old women are literally flocking. This can't last long.

I keep blowing it with them because I don't have a good setup... be it to go to their area or to have them live with me. (no car... full time liveaboard)

I think you were right that my priorities were out of whack. Boat was started during my marriage, so it has been more than confusing to transition to being single mid build. The ex and i made a good living doing charters.

Make no mistake about $$$$ though. I'm just the slightly older guy that younger wkmen gravitate to. Even my ex wife was 10 years younger. Always bern the case. I'm not buying anyone's affection.

see, here's the thing with those relationships.... your and her needs and wants tend to shift further and furher apart as you grow older....
think of what you want to do in your life now, at 42.... then think what that might be at 57 ? i guarantee you it changes.... now, think of what the woman might want at 47....

so now you are, 15 years down the road, in a relationship with a woman that wants genuinely different things than you do..... in addition that woman now is no nubile young hottie anymore either.... result: your next divorce / heartbreak / financial drain......

if you keep looking for the young hotties my gues is that catamaran never gets finished.... ;-)


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:23.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.


ShowCase vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.