Cruisers & Sailing Forums (https://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/)
-   Liveaboard's Forum (https://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/f74/)
-   -   Single Men Living Aboard and Cruising... an honest look. (https://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/f74/single-men-living-aboard-and-cruising-an-honest-look-152569.html)

john61ct 16-01-2018 12:27

Re: Single Men Living Aboard and Cruising... an honest look.

It is only suitable for boats while on shore power or running the gennie.

Or those with so much battery capacity that they can use it for cooking via a suitable inverter.

CaptJamesCook 16-01-2018 12:36

Have not been sure I wanted to post here. I am 66. Love life and believe we are here to enjoy life.
But the hard truth for me has been on shore or cruising... I have quit a few women who like me don't get me wrong. But since I lost my last love, however, I have found none that want to be in a true relationship with some who reminds them of St. Nick!~ If you see what I mean.
I have contemplated a make over but I every Dec. I make a 5 figure income for one months work. I really miss the companionship of a women.

Olddan1943 16-01-2018 12:36

And to think I almost bought a crock pot.
The down side of the IP is, size. I dont need to cook for an army. Generally, it is just me and I would enjoy some nice beef stew especially in the winter.

boatman61 16-01-2018 12:45

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by CaptJamesCook (Post 2556891)
Have not been sure I wanted to post here. I am 66. Love life and believe we are here to enjoy life.
But the hard truth for me has been on shore or cruising... I have quit a few women who like me don't get me wrong. But since I lost my last love, however, I have found none that want to be in a true relationship with some who reminds them of St. Nick!~ If you see what I mean.
I have contemplated a make over but I every Dec. I make a 5 figure income for one months work. I really miss the companionship of a women.

You could always do what the Sikh's do and wear a beard net.. pulls it all up and looks pretty smart.. for the more formal occasion.. :thumb:

weavis 16-01-2018 13:00

Quote:

LOL.... lemme see, no woman for 12 months, one month, make a lot of money.

Seems a high price to pay for loneliness.

Choice is yours.

Exile 16-01-2018 13:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by john61ct (Post 2556883)
It is only suitable for boats while on shore power or running the gennie.

Or those with so much battery capacity that they can use it for cooking via a suitable inverter.

I have 2 outta 3, namely shore power & genny, but no inverter (large enough that is). But if the IP cooks that fast it could be easily deployed when I'm running the genny for other purposes. Probably healthy for the genny actually, and possibly healthy for me too (if I read the manual :frown:).

Exile 16-01-2018 13:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Olddan1943 (Post 2556892)
And to think I almost bought a crock pot.
The down side of the IP is, size. I dont need to cook for an army. Generally, it is just me and I would enjoy some nice beef stew especially in the winter.

If that's the case then you clearly need to figure out which of your two feet is the better one. :smile:

CaptJamesCook 16-01-2018 13:17

LOL

Weavis exactly..I would cut it in a second without a second thought for a willing women.
But not sure the make over without the beard would make a difference.
I do trim it back every January.

boatman
Beard net not to make fun of another person. I just could not get the beard net thing.

Three Sisters 16-01-2018 14:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by weavis (Post 2556910)
Seems a high price to pay for loneliness.

Loneliness or maybe just a little boredom.:popcorn:

john61ct 16-01-2018 15:26

I cook huge quantities of soups, chili, stews, curries, dahl etc at a time even when I'm on my own.

Once it's cooled down, pop into different appropriate sized labelled ziplocs and stock up the freezer.

Huge timesaver, especially with a microwave but even without.

weavis 16-01-2018 15:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaptJamesCook (Post 2556924)
LOL

Weavis exactly..I would cut it in a second without a second thought for a willing women.
But not sure the make over without the beard would make a difference.
I do trim it back every January.

I have no suggestions. Maybe trim back to the wood now for 6 months, see how it goes and then grow again for 6 months till Christmas...

Life is....

weavis 16-01-2018 15:58

Single people cooking aboard.

The Instant Pot is about 1000 watts. (Duo 6)
My Technovorm coffee maker is 1400 watts.

I have long lauded Honda 2K generators. I had bad luck with 2 machines a few years ago but Honda sorted the issue and excellent service from them since.

I just fire up the Honda, brew the coffee. Technovorm takes 6 minutes.
Plug in the IP and can cook away no issues.

Why crank a big gen when a little one will do? I get 4-5 hours on the Honda tank of petrol. IP usually is finished with in under an hour, sometimes just minutes.

Honda is pretty quiet too..

Pelagic 17-01-2018 00:59

Quote:

..... I have found none that want to be in a true relationship with some who reminds them of St. Nick!~ If you see what I mean.
I have contemplated a make over but every Dec. I make a 5 figure income for one months work.

I would still think a much better dilemma than being confused with "Auld Nick" as that takes a special kind of girl to appreciate your personality.
[emoji57]

john61ct 17-01-2018 01:32

Dunno cast the net wide, role-playing Mrs Klaus, naughty or nice, may well be out there in the kink scene.

masou 17-01-2018 01:37

apparently a woman my age just died on her boat in a local harbour , hasn't made the papers yet just a rumor .... :/