Cruisers & Sailing Forums (https://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/)
-   Liveaboard's Forum (https://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/f74/)
-   -   Single Men Living Aboard and Cruising... an honest look. (https://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/f74/single-men-living-aboard-and-cruising-an-honest-look-152569.html)

P3sailor 15-01-2018 14:06

Re: Single Men Living Aboard and Cruising... an honest look.

Not sure of the real issue here. I've had relationships with Western and Asian women. I find that many Western men seek Asian women because these guys couldn't hook up with and have a meaningful relationship with a dog so they look for young Asian girls who basically, through necessity, are looking for a ticket out of a very meager lifestyle. These relationships are almost always abusive with the girl leaving the minute she gets her chance. No different than a Western women hooking up with 'sugardaddy" something you see all of the time, often with similar results.
When hooking up with somebody, is everyone really completely truthful? I'd venture to say, NO! Most like to embellish their accomplishments and abilities which are found out soon after casting off.
What I would want in a "mate" is one who is willing to learn, not complain, great sense of humor, uninhibited, can handle most or all tasks required by all and, won't panic when things get dicey. Oh, it doesn't hurt for both to consent to doing the "dirty deed" from time to time, particularly on long passages! LOL

Three Sisters 15-01-2018 16:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by gamayun (Post 2555668)
I just got an Instant Pot as a gift from my son. I'm going to love and cherish it and try not to get too fat with all the great cooking that it'll do. Does that count :biggrin:

We are gonna drop the hint this year as a substitute for the Jean Nate, with the intentional bribe: No more burnt tapioca !

fuentes 15-01-2018 16:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by gamayun (Post 2555668)
I just got an Instant Pot as a gift from my son. I'm going to love and cherish it and try not to get too fat with all the great cooking that it'll do. Does that count :biggrin:

Don't forget. A pressure cooker can be used as a rice cooker plus all the other uses. That is the one pot that gets used the most on the boat as well as at the ranch. Have a nice day.

gamayun 15-01-2018 20:03

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by weavis (Post 2556168)
Basmati. 1 cup rice to 1 cup water.. plus a splash.

salt

5 minutes.

done.

Instant pot user from the get go.

:thumb::thumb::thumb:

And to the other posters, I'm pretty sure there's a looong thread on the IP here! Check it out. I can't wait to make yogurt, believe it or not. I eat a lot of yogurt in those plastic, one-use containers and it drives me crazy. Here's a picture of everything else it can do....oh yea, and deviled eggs! Well, hard-boiled eggs anyway. I guess it can't do "everything."

gamayun 15-01-2018 20:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Three Sisters (Post 2556295)
We are gonna drop the hint this year as a substitute for the Jean Nate, with the intentional bribe: No more burnt tapioca !

Yup. The IP is way more versatile, IMO

gamayun 15-01-2018 20:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by P3sailor (Post 2556195)
When hooking up with somebody, is everyone really completely truthful? I'd venture to say, NO! Most like to embellish their accomplishments and abilities which are found out soon after casting off.

Funny how we tend to put our best foot forward in new relationships. I'd say it generally takes more than 6 months and probably closer to a year before one can truly know if two people are being their honest selves.

Olddan1943 15-01-2018 20:18

I have a 'best foot"?

Group9 15-01-2018 21:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by gamayun (Post 2556413)
Funny how we tend to put our best foot forward in new relationships. I'd say it generally takes more than 6 months and probably closer to a year before one can truly know if two people are being their honest selves.

I didn't even fart for the first six months.

gamayun 15-01-2018 23:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Group9 (Post 2556468)
I didn't even fart for the first six months.

Next relationship, try milk of magnesia :nonono:

gamayun 15-01-2018 23:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Olddan1943 (Post 2556420)
I have a 'best foot"?

Even most dogs have at least one :whistling:

weavis 15-01-2018 23:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by gamayun (Post 2556403)
:thumb::thumb::thumb:

And to the other posters, I'm pretty sure there's a looong thread on the IP here! Check it out. I can't wait to make yogurt, believe it or not. I eat a lot of yogurt in those plastic, one-use containers and it drives me crazy. Here's a picture of everything else it can do....oh yea, and deviled eggs! Well, hard-boiled eggs anyway. I guess it can't do "everything."

er... I make eggs in the IP at any stage of softness or hardness desired...

Yoghurt. I make once a week, Do overnight so as to not tie up the IP the next day....:smile:

Olddan1943 16-01-2018 00:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by gamayun (Post 2556500)
Even most dogs have at least one :whistling:

I guess that makes her wrong when she called me a dog?

Pelagic 16-01-2018 00:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by weavis (Post 2556505)
er... I make eggs in the IP at any stage of softness or hardness desired...

Yoghurt. I make once a week, Do overnight so as to not tie up the IP the next day....[emoji2]

Ah Decisions, Decisions...!

Just like a single guy humming along to.. I'm just a Gigalo..

...while trying to decide on which one pot or girl fits all

https://youtu.be/8DVnmapBkyQ

https://youtu.be/ELy1KpI9C5U

john61ct 16-01-2018 11:35

I think I'm in love

https://www.newyorker.com/culture/an...he-instant-pot

Exile 16-01-2018 11:56

Just when I was congratulating myself for finally owning a crock pot, and that only came about because a neighbor took pity on me & "donated" an old, no longer used one she had lying around. I gather the IP is more akin to a pressure cooker, i.e. more suitable for use on a boat because it cooks stuff fast?

I guess I'm exposing my utter incompetence when it comes to cooking here. :frown: But then I often manage to confirm for myself the old quip about "if you embarrass easily then sailing is not for you."