Cruisers & Sailing Forums (https://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/)
-   Liveaboard's Forum (https://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/f74/)
-   -   Single Men Living Aboard and Cruising... an honest look. (https://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/f74/single-men-living-aboard-and-cruising-an-honest-look-152569.html)

Janet H 09-01-2018 13:23

Re: Single Men Living Aboard and Cruising... an honest look.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exile (Post 2551788)
And here I've always thought CF was strictly PG-rated?? What have I missed? :facepalm:

Not much - except maybe some over active imaginations and a little after hours posting ;)

And this....

Quote:

Originally Posted by boatman61 (Post 2551777)
Actually.. in retrospect I'm glad the Mod's removed it considering the grief I got for the video of me playing with my balls.. :facepalm:

knock it off... somethings just can't be unseen and now I've got to go kill some brain cells off... :trash:

weavis 09-01-2018 13:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by boatman61 (Post 2551739)
I did in the naked sailing forum on here.. but it got rejected by the Mod's.. dunno why.. :biggrin:

My therapy finally started to kick in... :nonono::peace:

BandB 09-01-2018 16:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by double u (Post 2551588)
...interestingly it is always the OTHER guy/girl that is at fault...
why does nobody blame him/herself for their poor choice of companion/spouse???
maybe a little introspection would help?
particularly people harping about their multiple "bad experiences", disappointments should question their choice of partners! we here in the "west" c h o o s e our partners...

It's those married and divorced three times and they can tall you all about how awful each wife was. Never crossed their minds that they were the problem, one of two ways. Either they were horrible in selecting those who might be a good match or they were just awful to be married to.

BandB 09-01-2018 16:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Group9 (Post 2551617)
I'm sure glad I'm already married. But, what's wrong with someone deciding they don't want to be married, or be in any kind of serious relationship. .

Marriage is becoming less common and almost an outdated concept in some countries, like Finland. I've known many who dated for ages, had a child together, lived together, but still waited to get married or decided not to.

To place any single definition on how relationships should be and that all should be married and it should be like that, just doesn't work. They systems broke. Young people see that and go outside the system but often to even worse concepts. Still people should search for what is right for them, not right according to rules from others.

Not just in relationships, trying to meet the societal norm, whatever that might be, is often both inappropriate and impossible for an individual.

BandB 09-01-2018 16:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robinschimming (Post 2551718)
Denigrating all women is ok tho 👌🏽 you win and btw I never said all men Read again
And the naked pictures allowed on this site promoting naked twenty something woman that's ok too hmmm wonder what would happen if I post pictures of naked men ????

Wifey B: I missed something. Where are the naked women pictures? :confused:

weavis 09-01-2018 16:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by BandB (Post 2552028)
It's those married and divorced three times and they can tall you all about how awful each wife was. Never crossed their minds that they were the problem, one of two ways. Either they were horrible in selecting those who might be a good match or they were just awful to be married to.

If only it were so simple.

These are two options out of many. Sometimes people join crazy religions and it ruins something. Sometime people get overwhelmed with problems and turn to drink or drugs. Sometimes people just develop mental issues. Sometimes people just develop a love for another...

Generalizations are not the best.

BandB 09-01-2018 16:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by weavis (Post 2552035)
If only it were so simple.

These are two options out of many. Sometimes people join crazy religions and it ruins something. Sometime people get overwhelmed with problems and turn to drink or drugs. Sometimes people just develop mental issues. Sometimes people just develop a love for another...

Generalizations are not the best.

We have a couple of friends who the first time or first two times married the man their parents chose or would have chosen. One of them is still figuring it out and giving too much consideration to public image as she's a very well known public figure. The other one, fell instantly in love with a girl friend who visited us and has been with her since. Of course, her sister believes she is going straight to hell.

weavis 09-01-2018 16:28

Ive not been married 3 times. :flowers:

I do however see, professionally and personally that marital/domestic relationships are the hardest to maintain under different circumstances. Fame, money/lack of money, differing responses to child rearing, to entertainment etc etc, different religious beliefs all have an impact.

Here is an interesting read for those inclined...

Scott Peck on Love - Final Confluence

john61ct 09-01-2018 16:35

Great shrink, thinker and writer, but a total d1ckwad in his own personal life.

weavis 09-01-2018 16:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by john61ct (Post 2552046)
Great shrink, thinker and writer, but a total d1ckwad in his own personal life.

A serial adulterer according to his own autobiog. Makes interesting observations about love and relationships. I like the structure of his concepts, but as with anything, is difficult to manage when full of hormones and incorrect thinking..

I guess that is why relationships can fail. We just dont work at them hard enough with the right intentions.

life.

Pelagic 09-01-2018 16:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by weavis (Post 2552041)

Here is an interesting read for those inclined...

Scott Peck on Love - Final Confluence

Wheeew!..... He does everything but spell it backwards.
Evol is never having to say your sorry! [emoji57]

weavis 09-01-2018 17:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pelagic (Post 2552052)
Wheeew!..... He does everything but spell it backwards.
Evol is never having to say your sorry! [emoji57]

If you give me a day or two.. I'll find it spelled backwards.. :biggrin:

But more importantly... which is the best Airfryer to get for fries?

boatman61 09-01-2018 17:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by BandB (Post 2552028)

Or.. more money than sense.. :biggrin:

Group9 09-01-2018 17:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by BandB (Post 2552031)
Marriage is becoming less common and almost an outdated concept in some countries, like Finland. I've known many who dated for ages, had a child together, lived together, but still waited to get married or decided not to.

To place any single definition on how relationships should be and that all should be married and it should be like that, just doesn't work. They systems broke. Young people see that and go outside the system but often to even worse concepts. Still people should search for what is right for them, not right according to rules from others.

Not just in relationships, trying to meet the societal norm, whatever that might be, is often both inappropriate and impossible for an individual.

we noticed that at Thanksgiving. seven nieces and nephews, from eighteen to twenty two. Not one girlfriend or boyfriend in the bunch. They're different than us and how we were at that age. For better or worse.

Gadagirl 09-01-2018 18:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by double u (Post 2551588)
...interestingly it is always the OTHER guy/girl that is at fault...
why does nobody blame him/herself for their poor choice of companion/spouse???
maybe a little introspection would help?
particularly people harping about their multiple "bad experiences", disappointments should question their choice of partners! we here in the "west" c h o o s e our partners...
maybe youall complaining about the "golddiggers" have put the emphasis too much on flashy looks???
...but what do I know after 40 happy years (& still going!) & 6-digit nm with the same woman...

Years ago, while having a conversation with a close friend about my divorce, she asked me point blank if I felt that I held any responsibility or blame for the demise of my marriage. My answer "Yes, I picked the wrong partner." For some reason she found my answer hysterically funny. It wasn't meant to be funny, I was serious. She just couldn't get over the simplicity of my statement.