Raymarine ST 7001 head unit not working
Hi Fellow Cruisers,
I have come to realize that the Raymarine ST 7001 is a discontinued product and the the display unit can no longer be purchased. Being now a catamaran sailor, the problem seems to have someho doubled, in the sense that the ps unit is reading our on a badly sunburned display, but is unable to get any reaction when touching any of the buttons. The sb unit is working but the display is severly "sunburned", i.e; very hard to read the status.
My concern is that this unit will also soon fail:banghead:
I have asked Cactus marine in The UK, but thay say is's discontinued model (and evenso is the 8001), so they can not offer me a replacement solution.
1) Is it possible to purchase and replace only the LCD and Electronics?
2) If yes to number 1, then - where can this be purchased?
3) Would anyone have had a similar problem and fixed it? If so, then how?(Gues this should actually have been question number one...:facepalm:)
4) Doeas anyone know of a solution for replacing those two head units? (8001 or other system that will interface properly)?
5) Any other ideas that will help me avoid aving to hand steer for a while?
Re: Raymarine ST 7001 head unit not working
|All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:37.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.