Cruisers & Sailing Forums (https://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/)
-   Our Community (https://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/f129/)
-   -   Show Us Your Favorite Holiday Gifts! (https://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/f129/show-us-your-favorite-holiday-gifts-138644.html)

HappyMdRSailor 28-12-2014 09:39

Show Us Your Favorite Holiday Gifts!

1 Attachment(s)
While I HOPE...

Everybody got SPIFFY new sailing gear for the holiday gifts... My favorite was not specifically sailing related....

A combination of a bottle of Sinatra Jack Daniels, ridiculously overpriced audiophile headphones, and hand rolled cigars...

Hmmm.... :smile:

amytom 28-12-2014 14:46

Re: Show Us Your Favorite Holiday Gifts!

Got you beat.
My daughter came home on leave un-announced. Best present ever!!! All my kids back in one place, maybe for the last time...

Sent from my iPhone using Cruisers Sailing Forum

HappyMdRSailor 29-12-2014 09:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by amytom (Post 1709318)
Got you beat.
My daughter came home on leave un-announced. Best present ever!!! All my kids back in one place, maybe for the last time...

Sent from my iPhone using Cruisers Sailing Forum

That is about the BEST GIFT ever...

Sooo... Nobody got an awesome ceramic knife, fids, harness, astrolabe???
:D

(Ooooh... I did get a used vintage ships chrono... I'll take a pic...)

HappyMdRSailor 30-12-2014 08:42

1 Attachment(s)
No astrolabes this year....

But a Russian Naval clock for the bulkhead!

Canibul 30-12-2014 08:48

I bought myself a new mandolin and a tricopter drone. I'm pretty happy with the mandolin. Still need some practice on both.

a64pilot 30-12-2014 09:25

I'm afraid that I am fixing to have to get serious on the re-fit soon, I have an autoprop laying under the christmas tree, a Nexgen 3.5 in the garage and a new cold plate system that has shipped, (I'm going to build a spill over)

Now the wife is demanding I work on the house?

HappyMdRSailor 31-12-2014 06:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Canibul (Post 1710779)
I bought myself a new mandolin and a tricopter drone. I'm pretty happy with the mandolin. Still need some practice on both.

Nice!

I'm trying to figure out which one of those I would be more incompetent using... :rolleyes: :D Kudos on the mandolin... Always enjoy hearing a part written for one...

HappyMdRSailor 31-12-2014 06:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by a64pilot (Post 1710817)
I'm afraid that I am fixing to have to get serious on the re-fit soon, I have an autoprop laying under the christmas tree, a Nexgen 3.5 in the garage and a new cold plate system that has shipped, (I'm going to build a spill over)

Now the wife is demanding I work on the house?

Oh man... Did you ever have a good Christmas!

Bide your time... Make a list... Then.... You can have your boat tinker fun :thumb:

Moparots 03-01-2015 17:45

My kids got me a "Welcome" sign made of hemp rope. Nice! But my favorite gift, was a Racor diesel filter, I bought for the wife.:biggrin:

sailorchic34 03-01-2015 18:14

The Rose got a new stove as posted elsewhere. It cooks so lovely. I got a new pink terrycloth bathrobe that is so warm and soft. Only problem is, Mr. Grumpy, my cat has claimed it as a cat bed and he's laying on it even as I type this. Best cat bed ever according to grumpy.