Cruisers & Sailing Forums (https://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/)
-   Off Topic Forum (https://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/f80/)
-   -   Convenience of the metric system (https://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/f80/convenience-of-the-metric-system-136055.html)

Canibul 09-11-2014 07:55

Re: Convenience of the metric system
 
yeah, they're the ones with pockets sewn onto the chests of their shirts, and they are the only one who say "Hi".

But don't confuse those with Texans. Or kid yourselves that we can't spot an European in about ten seconds.

HappyMdRSailor 09-11-2014 08:17

Re: Convenience of the metric system
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Enrique100 (Post 1673203)
My car gets 40 rods to the hogshead and that's the way I likes it!!!

AWESOME!

Quote:

Originally Posted by GordMay (Post 1673536)
Americans claim to use the Imperial Measurement System, rather than the Metric one.
Yeah right, they all know what 9mm is though.

Love it Gordo!

Quote:

Originally Posted by transmitterdan (Post 1673576)
I would prefer my polar tables to compute furlongs per fortnight. Who only sails for one hour at a time anyway?

Right??? :whistling:

Quote:

Originally Posted by K_V_B (Post 1673580)
No, the meter is 1,650,763.73 wavelengths of the orange-red emission line in the electromagnetic spectrum of the krypton-86 atom in a vacuum.
Before that it was the length of a bar kept somewhere in Paris.
Before that they indeed took 1/10000000 of the distance from the equator to the pole, because that ended up a good size, about the length of a pace...
Incidentally the nautical mile is defined in a similar way, as the length of one arc minute measured on the equator. This gives all kinds of advantages when doing astronomical navigation. For the same reason surveyors in metric countries will measure angles in "gon", of which 400 go in a circle...

Whew... thanks... Somebody had to straighten out the massive error... :thumb:

Quote:

Originally Posted by GordMay (Post 1673583)
Some interesting conversions:
1 million microphones = 1 megaphone
1 million bicycles = 2 megacycles
2000 mockingbirds = 2 kilomockingbirds
10 cards = 1 decacards (or is it 52 cards = 1 deck-a-cards?)
1/2 lavatory = 1 demijohn
1 millionth of a fish = 1 microfiche
453.6 graham crackers = 1 pound cake
10 rations = 1 decoration
10 millipedes = 1 centipede
3-1/3 tridents = 1 decadent
10 monologs = 5 dialogues
2 monograms = 1 diagram
8 nickles = 2 paradigms
2 wharves = 1 paradox

:thumb:YOUR BEST YET GORDO!!!! HAAAAAAAAAAAA!!! :thumb:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Canibul (Post 1673593)
Ah, I think you might be getting confused between the USA and Texas. They are two completely different places.

+1! :thumb:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Canibul (Post 1673625)
yeah, they're the ones with pockets sewn onto the chests of their shirts, and they are the only one who say "Hi".

But don't confuse those with Texans. Or kid yourselves that we can't spot an European in about ten seconds.

And that's one of the tougher ones.... Less for the typical haircut, dress, sandals, etc... Avg... 3 seconds??? :D

Randyonr3 09-11-2014 08:23

Re: Convenience of the metric system
 
I like the metric system especially in attitudes.........
Like with shoes you get a better fit or closer to what you need in an attitude..
The local store on the corner , (7-11 in the US) sells attitudes, but they only come in full sizes , so when buying one, its either to Damn tight or it to Friggin Big..
And even thou they carry metric size attitudes, you never want to buy one from a second hand store , as its probably because the origional owner either broke it or it didnt fit proper..
And last, dont go to Wal-mart, or K-Mart, to buy your attitudes, even thou they carry a large asortment at discount prices, you NEVER know who had it on befor you..
And thats why I like the metric system............................................ ............

Lars_L 09-11-2014 08:24

Re: Convenience of the metric system
 
What I know so do the whole world (even US) use 10 as the base in mathematic, so I donít think its possible to change. 16 would have been much better.

If I read that a boat have a weight of 7000 lb, I think itís the half in kilo or 3500 kg. That way I get a hum of the weight thatís near enough.
They have a 35 lb anchor. The half is 17.5 but if I want it more exact I subtract 10% or 1.75 and get 17.5 Ė 1.75 and thatís around 16 kilo.
The boat has 80 gallons of water. I take the double 160 and then the double agene 320 liter. (I know itís wrong, but I think it should be spelled that way).

I notice that itís not only me that donít know how many yards there is on one mile.

Some imperial headed person, can you calculate the efficiency of the windlass? I believe itís quite complicated even if itís only to multiply the force with the speed, but what unit do you get?
Motor power 0.9 hp.
Working load 250 lb.
Chain speed 65 ft/min.

avb3 09-11-2014 08:56

Re: Convenience of the metric system
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Canibul (Post 1673593)
Ah, I think you might be getting confused between the USA and Texas. They are two completely different places.

Texas...phfft.

Compared to Alberta,they have smaller ranches, less cattle, less oil, and our women are much prettier. :biggrin:

Canibul 09-11-2014 08:57

Re: Convenience of the metric system
 
I can see that it's going to take YEARS to straighten out some of the messes the Brits left us with.

Canibul 09-11-2014 08:58

Re: Convenience of the metric system
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by avb3 (Post 1673677)
Texas...phfft.

Compared to Alberta,they have smaller ranches, less cattle, less oil, and our women are much prettier. :biggrin:

I've been to Alberta. Nice try. The women and cattle are pretty much interchangeable to those lonely souls, from what I've heard.

And the famous Alberta music scene alone is worth the trip.......LOL...
Not to mention their rich history of.....well......something, I'm sure.

HappyMdRSailor 09-11-2014 09:22

Re: Convenience of the metric system
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Randyonr3 (Post 1673651)
I like the metric system especially in attitudes.........
Like with shoes you get a better fit or closer to what you need in an attitude..
The local store on the corner , (7-11 in the US) sells attitudes, but they only come in full sizes , so when buying one, its either to Damn tight or it to Friggin Big..
And even thou they carry metric size attitudes, you never want to buy one from a second hand store , as its probably because the origional owner either broke it or it didnt fit proper..
And last, dont go to Wal-mart, or K-Mart, to buy your attitudes, even thou they carry a large asortment at discount prices, you NEVER know who had it on befor you..
And thats why I like the metric system............................................ ............

Randy... I don't think I like your attitude... :whistling: :biggrin:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lars_L (Post 1673653)
What I know so do the whole world (even US) use 10 as the base in mathematic, so I donít think its possible to change. 16 would have been much better.

If I read that a boat have a weight of 7000 lb, I think itís the half in kilo or 3500 kg. That way I get a hum of the weight thatís near enough.
They have a 35 lb anchor. The half is 17.5 but if I want it more exact I subtract 10% or 1.75 and get 17.5 Ė 1.75 and thatís around 16 kilo.
The boat has 80 gallons of water. I take the double 160 and then the double agene 320 liter. (I know itís wrong, but I think it should be spelled that way).

I notice that itís not only me that donít know how many yards there is on one mile.

Some imperial headed person, can you calculate the efficiency of the windlass? I believe itís quite complicated even if itís only to multiply the force with the speed, but what unit do you get?
Motor power 0.9 hp.
Working load 250 lb.
Chain speed 65 ft/min.

Quote:

Originally Posted by avb3 (Post 1673677)
Texas...phfft.

Compared to Alberta,they have smaller ranches, less cattle, less oil, and our women are much prettier. :biggrin:

I was beat to it... Hard to tell the difference between cattle and women up there.... Especially bundled up... :whistling:

LARS
550 ft lb/s = 1 hp
(using your numbers)

250 lb x 65 f/m x 1 min/60 sec x 1 hp/550 ft lb/sec = 0.492 hp output

Assume 700w input = 0.938 hp

0.492/0.938 = 0.524 = 52 %
efficiency is unitless..

(closer numbers)

Motor power 0.9 hp. -.938
Working load 250 lb. -249.1
Chain speed 65 ft/min. -62.3

Randyonr3 09-11-2014 09:42

Re: Convenience of the metric system
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by HappyMdRSailor (Post 1673696)
Randy... I don't think I like your attitude... :whistling: :biggrin:


I wont dis-agree with you, as I've had this one on for awhile now and its starting to rub me a little raw around the edges...
But it really hard to find one in metric size and being shipped in from the UK, and now-days, They're tied up in customes for so long with their tempeture being taken..
So EXCUSE ME, for I lack a place to find a new attitude... Figure it will change when I get to Mexico..

HappyMdRSailor 09-11-2014 09:53

Re: Convenience of the metric system
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Randyonr3 (Post 1673711)
I wont dis-agree with you, as I've had this one on for awhile now and its starting to rub me a little raw around the edges...
But it really hard to find one in metric size and being shipped in from the UK, and now-days, They're tied up in customes for so long with their tempeture being taken..
So EXCUSE ME, for I lack a place to find a new attitude... Figure it will change when I get to Mexico..

Priceless man... Thanks for the laugh!!! :thumb:
(off to the trenches)

avb3 09-11-2014 10:23

Re: Convenience of the metric system
 
2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Canibul (Post 1673679)
I've been to Alberta. Nice try. The women and cattle are pretty much interchangeable to those lonely souls, from what I've heard.

You must have Texas connections. This is a 58 old Alberta woman I date occasionally.

Attachment 91209

Of course, you may prefer the 40 year old Texas woman:
Attachment 91210


Quote:

And the famous Alberta music scene alone is worth the trip.......LOL...
Not to mention their rich history of.....well......something, I'm sure.
K.D. Lang
Nickleback
Paul Brandt
Carol Dawn Johnson
Terri Clark
Emerson Drive
George Fox
Loverboy
Corb Lund
Ian Tyson
Tupelo Honey
Joni Mitchell
Jan Arden

And a few others you might recognize:

Michael Fox
Evangeline Lilly
Tommy Chong
Rae Dawn Chong
Paul Gross
Tantoo Cardinal

I'm pretty sure I missed a few obvious ones.

Population:

Texas 26 million
Alberta 4 million

bgallinger 09-11-2014 10:23

Re: Convenience of the metric system
 
Who needs metric when America can send a B-52 bomber up to 35,000 ft., fly at 500 mph with a payload of 24,500 pounds, then drop a 750 Lb. bomb through a 3 ft. x 3ft. window!
Nuff said.

transmitterdan 09-11-2014 11:00

Re: Convenience of the metric system
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by avb3 (Post 1673727)
K.D. Lang
Nickleback
Paul Brandt
Carol Dawn Johnson
Terri Clark
Emerson Drive
George Fox
Loverboy
Corb Lund
Ian Tyson
Tupelo Honey
Joni Mitchell
Jan Arden

And a few others you might recognize:

Michael Fox
Evangeline Lilly
Tommy Chong
Rae Dawn Chong
Paul Gross
Tantoo Cardinal

I'm pretty sure I missed a few obvious ones.

Population:

Texas 26 million
Alberta 4 million

And from Texas:

Willie Nelson

There are no more after him.

avb3 09-11-2014 11:21

Re: Convenience of the metric system
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by transmitterdan (Post 1673751)
And from Texas:

Willie Nelson

There are no more after him.

I'll give you yours if you give me mine on the women. :biggrin:

idylours 09-11-2014 11:24

Re: Convenience of the metric system
 
Liberia, Burna and the US the last 3 counties yet to adopt metric ...just saying

JPA Cate 09-11-2014 13:33

Re: Convenience of the metric system
 
Canibul,

Relative to the tool sizes, you're a man who needs more socket bars! then you can arrange them any way you please. I once filed down a rusty, rounded nut to get a wrench on it, and have also used the 12mm for the snug fit on the 1/2". You're totally right about needing full sets of each, and our boat is thus equipped. It's screws that bug me. Our boat has flat head and phillips head and square drive ones. Grrrr!

Canibul 09-11-2014 13:38

Re: Convenience of the metric system
 
and torx. I hate torx. I end up hammering and ruining an allen wrench sometimes. Lately I've been finding myself cutting a single groove down a phillips head so I can use a large flat blade to turn it. Good old Dremel with a reinforced cutting wheel.

Cheechako 09-11-2014 13:38

Re: Convenience of the metric system
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ann T. Cate (Post 1673848)
Canibul,

Relative to the tool sizes, you're a man who needs more socket bars! then you can arrange them any way you please. I once filed down a rusty, rounded nut to get a wrench on it, and have also used the 12mm for the snug fit on the 1/2". You're totally right about needing full sets of each, and our boat is thus equipped. It's screws that bug me. Our boat has flat head and phillips head and square drive ones. Grrrr!

:thumb: Yeah, whoever invented the slot head screw should be drawn and quartered! :facepalm:

Canibul 09-11-2014 13:41

Re: Convenience of the metric system
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by avb3 (Post 1673727)
You must have Texas connections. This is a 58 old Alberta woman I date occasionally.

Attachment 91209

Of course, you may prefer the 40 year old Texas woman:
Attachment 91210




K.D. Lang
Nickleback
Paul Brandt
Carol Dawn Johnson
Terri Clark
Emerson Drive
George Fox
Loverboy
Corb Lund
Ian Tyson
Tupelo Honey
Joni Mitchell
Jan Arden

And a few others you might recognize:

Michael Fox
Evangeline Lilly
Tommy Chong
Rae Dawn Chong
Paul Gross
Tantoo Cardinal

I'm pretty sure I missed a few obvious ones.

Population:

Texas 26 million
Alberta 4 million

I won't comment on that list of performers, except to say, well, uh I don't have a single one of them in any collection I might have. I'm ashamed to admit I recognize four of them. I won't counter-attack with a list of Texans here. Wouldn't be fair.

As for the women, I do admit Canada has some stunners. And I'm glad you were clever enough to snare most of Alberta's allotment.

But do the math. Texas has HOW many million more women, again? Your numbers are acceptable.

Celestialsailor 09-11-2014 14:20

Re: Convenience of the metric system
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by avb3 (Post 1673768)
I'll give you yours if you give me mine on the women. :biggrin:

Hmmmm...don't see any takers

Sand crab 09-11-2014 14:38

Re: Convenience of the metric system
 
My favorite girl from Texas is Natalie Maines of the Dixie Chicks and I'm not a fan of country music.

Mike OReilly 09-11-2014 14:57

Re: Convenience of the metric system
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cheechako (Post 1673852)
:thumb: Yeah, whoever invented the slot head screw should be drawn and quartered! :facepalm:

Now here's something we can all agree on. I hope there is special place in hell reserved for any mechanic or engineer who uses these cursed things. And why, oh why, are they always used in the most out-of-the-way location. I'd rather calculate how many cubic inches there are in wriggling python than have to deal with some of my slotted screws :banghead:

BTW, that python calculation would be far easier in Metric :biggrin:

Hoofsmit 09-11-2014 15:11

Convenience of the metric system
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike OReilly (Post 1673362)
As a Canadian who was in school during our transition to metric, I can reasonably move between the two systems with some ease. There is no doubt Metric is far easier to work with when making any sort of calculation beyond the most basic.



For me, some measurements for me are more natural in Imperial (person height or keel lengths), and some are clearer to me in Metric (0 degrees Celsius vs 32 Fahrenheit). A cm is as useful as an inch, a meter is as good as a yard, and a litre works for quart and pints. Millimetres are far better that fractions of inches for machine bits, and km are more obvious to me than (statute) miles. However, I still think more in pounds when it comes to human and boat weights.



Neither system is inherently more "intuitive" than the other. It depends on what you've been brought up with. But there's no way you can argue Imperial is easier to work with for complex measurements or calculations than Metric. Its no accident that even in the USA, scientists have long operated in Metric.



It's only a matter of time before Liberia, Myanmar and that other hold-out country will join the rest of the modern world :wink:.


These are my findings, I was also schooled in metric but spent five years as an apprentice using imperial
It brings back memories of family friends who grew up in Tanzania with an English father and a mum from Luxembourg.

They argued in German told jokes in Swahili but generally asked questions and chatted in English !! :)



Sent from my iPad.......i apologise for the auto corrects !!!

Hoofsmit 09-11-2014 15:16

Re: Convenience of the metric system
 
Slot head are still the preferred use in the best quality brass screws because I presume of the softness issues, something's are just meant to be ;)


Sent from my iPad.......i apologise for the auto corrects !!!

Adelie 09-11-2014 15:28

Re: Convenience of the metric system
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by nimblemotors (Post 1673175)
The problem with the metric system is based on 10. Why 10, what a stupid number to base a number system on, what is that? Because we have 10 fingers!!! Dumb.

What would you rather base it on? 16, 12 or 8?

All 3 have reasonable arguments for them and against them.

8 would be the easiest to change to, no new digits to agree upon. Makes working with computer binary much easier.

12 allows you to use single digit "decimals" expressing halves, thirds, quarters, and sixths. However it requires two new digits and creates a problem when teaching kids how to count. However much you want to dismiss the last one as inconsequential, it really is a big deal.

16 gets you closer to the number base that computers use but now needs 6 new digits and is even harder to teach kids. Basically this is a more computer friendly version of base 8, with bunch of serious drawbacks.

Canibul 09-11-2014 15:51

Re: Convenience of the metric system
 
una uaa kiSwahili B'wana?

Stu Jackson 09-11-2014 15:59

Re: Convenience of the metric system
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sand crab (Post 1673885)
My favorite girl from Texas is Natalie Maines of the Dixie Chicks and I'm not a fan of country music.

...and we're very glad they're back (after that nonsense in 2001 - when they were right!)

conachair 09-11-2014 16:00

Re: Convenience of the metric system
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by idylours (Post 1673771)
Liberia, Burna and the US the last 3 counties yet to adopt metric ...just saying

If only they had the balls to go for it back then instead of running scared from industry.... ;)

(dives for cover,, )

Sand crab 09-11-2014 16:08

Re: Convenience of the metric system
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Stu Jackson (Post 1673933)
...and we're very glad they're back (after that nonsense in 2001 - when they were right!)

Great minds think alike.:thumb:

Benz 09-11-2014 17:41

Re: Convenience of the metric system
 
The argument that the US, and all others still using Sensible measurements, should switch to Metric because the entire rest of the world is using it is specious. Why should we jump on the bandwagon of something that is patently idiotic because everyone else is? The whole world has been wrong before, after all. There is the well-documented incident of one man who was ridiculed for decades, by everyone else, while he built a boat. Until the flood came. Turned out the entire world at the time was wrong. Except for Noah. What arrogance to say now, "the entire world MUST be right this time because I happen to agree with them." My dear metric-loving friends, even if you could come up with a metric day (ten hours? a hundred hours?); even if you could figure out celestial navigation in metric (bet you can't); even if you could express so simple a concept as one-third (a very exact measurement, by the way) without forever chasing an infinitely repeating decimal (that little bar at the top of whichever the last decimal you cared to go to is, after all, a resounding admission of failure); even if you figured out a better global graticule than that ridiculously innacurate UTM grid; we would not need to switch to Metric, since we have a beautiful system that works perfectly. So it sometimes takes a little thought. Shouldn't scientists, especially, have no problem with thinking? Thinking won't kill you--try it sometime. No, this foolish attempt to hijack a perfectly workable measurement system and replace it with something "easier" or "more accurate" (how can anything be more accurate than a fraction? one sixty-fourth of an inch is exactly that) is doomed to end up as the other much-hoped-for universalization scheme: Esperanto. Where is that now? Metric belongs there as well.
Ben

Nicholson58 09-11-2014 17:52

Re: Convenience of the metric system
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Enrique100 (Post 1673203)
My car gets 40 rods to the hogshead and that's the way I likes it!!!

I prefer 'furlongs per fortnight' A professor challenged us, "I don't care what units you use as long as they are correct". He spent a long time inventing conversions in order to correct the exam.

Use of metrics by us old farts, including us old-fart-engineers is a good way to crash land your spacecraft into Mars - a proven fact.

BTW, the reason for not converting as I see it - the US is packed with machinery & machine tools built to last or be rebuilt indefinitely, that have SAE scales and mechanisms made 10 or 100 turns to the inch. The conversion would obsolete billions in machine tools and cause the purchase of trillions in foreign made machines. I work in a machine shop making custom machinery. Its not happening. The inertia is too great. We buy (rarely) new machines that are programmable for multiple scales.

barnakiel 09-11-2014 18:05

Re: Convenience of the metric system
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Benz (Post 1673984)

(...) Why should we jump on the bandwagon of something that is patently idiotic (...)

Why will the metric system is patently idiotic?

b.

dpddj 09-11-2014 18:07

Re: Convenience of the metric system
 
I have an engineer's tape measure that I love to pull out for others to use. It is in tenths of feet. You want to watch someone scratch their head?
But then ....I love RPN, too.

avb3 09-11-2014 18:11

Re: Convenience of the metric system
 
My uncle was a civil engineer who emigrated to Canada in the mid-50's from Germany.

Of course, he was not used to the Imperial system used then in Canada. One of his first jobs was to estimate concrete requirements for a large public works program.

Back in the day of the slide rule (which I now have), he converted the specifications to metric, did whatever magic engineers do, and once he had he result, converted that end result back to Imperial measurements.

His company won the bid. He often talked about that before he passed away.

Canibul 09-11-2014 18:13

Re: Convenience of the metric system
 
The old dude with the boat used cubits, anyhow. Nothing SAE or metric about him. lousy sailor too. Ran aground as I recall.

Benz 09-11-2014 19:08

Re: Convenience of the metric system
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by barnakiel (Post 1673993)
Why will the metric system is patently idiotic?

b.

Because they based it on 10, which as has been pointed out is far less versatile than base 12. Because when they realized that the earth is oblate, so their scheme of dividing the distance from equator to pole failed, they didn't simply cut their losses and scrap the whole deal; they persisted in trying to find SOMETHING that would be a meter long. Metal rod failed. Couple other things failed. Finally settled on some arcane wavelength of something or other in a dark basement in a vaccuum--how many people can replicate that to check up on whether their meter stick is correct? Turns out it's easier to exhume the body of an English monarch to get the measurements of a yard down again! Because it was invented mostly to spite the English by some Frenchmen who wouldn't use anything invented by their enemies, and moreover, had the effrontery to want the Prime Meridian to pass through Paris!
By the way, since Lars keeps asking, a Nautical mile (the only sort of mile worth using), is 6,000 feet long. 2,000 yards. 1,000 fathoms. Line usually comes in 600 foot spools. 100 fathoms. One-tenth, in short, of a mile. Because tenths are also a valid fraction, along with thirds and halves and quarters. Some will say: "The equator isn't exactly divisible by exact 6,000-foot miles!" So what? When navigating we realize that the earth's surface is bumpy and we use a theoretical mean equator. Works pretty good. After all, the country that refuses to cave to the Metric Establishment won the race to the moon. There's some navigating for you.

Also, Noah may have been a terrible navigator--he used a raven as a navigational instrument, after all!--but when he ran aground, him and his family were the only ones left. So he was kind of still the best navigator of his epoch.

avb3 09-11-2014 19:39

Re: Convenience of the metric system
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Benz (Post 1674034)
............. After all, the country that refuses to cave to the Metric Establishment won the race to the moon. There's some navigating for you.

............

With development by a German rocket scientist who, guess what, used the metric system.

Imagine that.

BTW, scientists the world over use the metric system, including in the USA.

See here:
Metrication in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Mike OReilly 09-11-2014 20:06

Re: Convenience of the metric system
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Benz (Post 1673984)
The argument that the US, and all others still using Sensible measurements, should switch to Metric because the entire rest of the world is using it is specious. Why should we jump on the bandwagon of something that is patently idiotic because everyone else is? The whole world has been wrong before, after all.

Yes, but mostly this situation is a good diagnosis that the "one" is wrong.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Benz (Post 1673984)
There is the well-documented incident of one man who was ridiculed for decades, by everyone else, while he built a boat. Until the flood came. Turned out the entire world at the time was wrong. Except for Noah.

Whoa! Did not see that coming. So you are appealing to mythological stories that have zero historical or scientific evidence to support your argumenent that the US should remain with Imperial measure ... that's a long way to go to buttress your argument.

Sand crab 09-11-2014 20:10

Re: Convenience of the metric system
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike OReilly (Post 1674066)
Did not see that coming. So you are appealing to mythological stories that have zero historical or scientific evidence to support your argumenent that the US should remain with Imperial measure ... that's a long way to go to buttress your argument.

What you said.:thumb:

Normanby 09-11-2014 20:36

Re: Convenience of the metric system
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sand crab (Post 1674071)
What you said.:thumb:


+2
What they said.


Matt
Compass 28


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 14:48.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.


ShowCase vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.