Cruisers & Sailing Forums (https://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/)
-   Our Community (https://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/f129/)
-   -   Sunday in the Park with Goerge and Malcom (https://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/f129/sunday-in-the-park-with-goerge-and-malcom-126748.html)

boatman61 24-05-2014 03:25

Re: Sunday in the Park with Goerge and Malcom

Ahhh... that's why I did not get it.. never read.. never saw Clockwork Orange.. not my choice of viewing or reading..
Now if it had been the characters out of Boys of the Black Stuff or Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels...:whistling:

Coops 24-05-2014 03:27

Don't forget "Snatch" Boatie, great fun. Have you seen Sexy Beast? A good flick as well.:thumb:

Coops.

boatman61 24-05-2014 03:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coops (Post 1548558)
Don't forget "Snatch" Boatie, great fun. Have you seen Sexy Beast? A good flick as well.:thumb:

Coops.

Will do a search on Kickass... Cheers..:thumb:

goboatingnow 24-05-2014 03:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by weavis (Post 1548553)
Been some time since you were there Dave.....I watched Southern Ireland change from a 3rd world country to a greedy grasping recipient of the E.U, money and then collapse from the weight of the greed (not to mention diversion of some of that money:whistling:)
Only in Ireland..... one politician had part of the motorway built with a small exit which ended at his house! lololol

Only the Irish run down their country so much, a major fault of the genes I think.

I regularly drive down said fine motorways and visit all those American companies, way way better then the late 80s. I was in Google land recently and that whole area of Dublin is buzzing , I remember all that was there was muggers and prostitutes before.

Place looks good to me, ( ps never worry about all that debt , it's fiat currency , it's just going around in a circle, I read the central bank of Ireland made profits of over a billon euros on interest from the Irish gov , you might find who receives the profit from the Irish Central bank , !!!!, )

Dave

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

weavis 24-05-2014 03:35

good lord.
The most antisocial posters on the board have the most mild amusing thread.
amazing.
At this rate, we might even become harmonious.
?
naah.

weavis 24-05-2014 03:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by goboatingnow (Post 1548563)
Only the Irish run down their country so much, a major fault of the genes I think.
Dave

Fault? lolololol............ its reality. We EXPECT to get shafted....and are not disappointed. Ive seen the old ways start to be sucked out of the populace.
YOu need to get into the country away from Dublin and see what the real Ireland is... my Hometown is in the countries centre......and the changes make me weep.

I had my clinic on the site of a famous whisky maker, they just pulled it down and built new. I bought all the used old barrels and sold them off for garden flower holders in half barrels, and one guy bought 20 and went home and promptly added cheap whiskey and water and took the goodness out of the used barrels.... he then made wine in some... interesting taste. Spent man a night helping him sample the results...:whistling:
Now some are lamenting the loss of the old distillery. Sad to say, Famous name Irish liquor and spirits are not made at the 'display" distilleries.. all made in one place near the northern Irish border.

I felt it change. One of the reasons I left and went to the USA in the late 90s...... I then felt the USA go through the same thing.

Coming back to the U,K. it had changed completely. I had not lived here since the late 80s. So very changed.

boatman61 24-05-2014 03:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by weavis (Post 1548571)
Coming back to the U,K. it had changed completely. I had not lived here since the late 80s. So very changed.

And... according to Milleband... and Farrar.... 'The Best is yet to Come'...:D:D:D

May de Saints preserve us...:flowers:

sailorboy1 24-05-2014 04:23

I wonder what the problem with my meds is!

Coops 24-05-2014 04:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by sailorboy1 (Post 1548586)

They are obviously not working?:D

Coops.

boatman61 24-05-2014 04:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by sailorboy1 (Post 1548586)

Not prescribed by Dr T Leary....??? :p:p:p

Coops 24-05-2014 04:29

Wavy Gravy was Bo Peep in drag.:D

Coops.

weavis 24-05-2014 04:45

I just looked at the weather forecasts over the last week.. Every single one was wrong by 50% sheesh!

I can give them one that is accurate.......

dear BBC weather guys:

• Weather forecast for tonight: dark.

Coops 24-05-2014 04:48

Tomorrow, mainly grey with blue bits.:D

I liked Spike Milligan's forecast best. ''Tomorrow will be muggy, the day after tuggy. Then weggy, theggy, faggy, saggy, suggy and back to muggy again.''

Coops.

sailorboy1 24-05-2014 04:59

I wonder if my meds get corrected if I will understand Aussie speak :confused: or that Vegamite stuff

Coops 24-05-2014 05:02

No idea, I only speak Northern English.:D Cannot stand that Vegemite muck either.

Coops.