Cruisers & Sailing Forums (https://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/)
-   Forum Tech Support & Site Help (https://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/f10/)
-   -   Ads reach a record high - MERGED (https://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/f10/ads-reach-a-record-high-merged-123162.html)

Palarran 25-03-2014 11:54

Ads reach a record high - MERGED

Has something changed with the advertising on Cruisers Forum? The ad's seem to be twice as big and twice as often. Now they are in between posts and also at the bottom of the last post and above the reply box.

Mike OReilly 25-03-2014 12:15

re: Ads reach a record high - MERGED

Just noticed that today too. Pretty annoying.

LakeSuperior 25-03-2014 12:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Palarran (Post 1501657)
Has something changed with the advertising on Cruisers Forum? The ad's seem to be twice as big and twice as often. Now they are in between posts and also at the bottom of the last post and above the reply box.

Yea, these additional CF ads are setting myself up for not making my goal of a 1000 total posts.

I gave up attending college hockey when they started taking two or three breaks per period for "TV time-out." Even when the game was not being televised.

Target9000 25-03-2014 12:34

Its getting pretty comical. Its just a matter of time before they add flashing lights and a used car salesman.

jeepbluetj 25-03-2014 12:39

Adblock plus is said to work.

Capt Phil 25-03-2014 12:41

Hey, the forum is free... those who administer it need to make a dollar so suck it up, folks. Get your mind in a place where you just ignore the ads, and keep posting funny replies! Phil

a64pilot 25-03-2014 12:44

They don't show up on my Ipad

Robin3 25-03-2014 12:47

Don't tell me windows 8 has a benefit I didn't know about but I'm not seeing ads on IE10 with that..

Palarran 25-03-2014 12:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Capt Phil (Post 1501701)
Hey, the forum is free... those who administer it need to make a dollar so suck it up, folks. Get your mind in a place where you just ignore the ads, and keep posting funny replies! Phil

Personally I'd like them to charge $5/year just to keep some of the stupidity down. But, even for a free forum, putting ad's in between posts is excessive. Surround me with them but don't interrupt the reading.

Mark1977 25-03-2014 13:02

Very annoying......

Janet H 25-03-2014 13:20

1 Attachment(s)
There is an option for Supporting Members to turn off many ads.

Usercp >edit options

or click here: https://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/...do=editoptions

Scroll down and select the view you prefer in the Miscellaneous section and then hit save. Ads keep the board online for everyone, but for those who help out as CF Supporters we have this option.

In either case, no matter which way you support the board (clicking on ads or as a Supporter) we appreciate the help keeping the lights on. :flowers:

sailorboy1 25-03-2014 13:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeepbluetj (Post 1501698)
Adblock plus is said to work.

doesn't block the ads between the posts

but if you don't want to read them..................don't

until everyone pays a fee per month to use the forum don't complain about the ads!

Coops 25-03-2014 13:26

Thanks Janet, That's better.:thumb:

Coops.

colemj 25-03-2014 13:28

Ghostery and Adblock - the internet is usable again.

Yes, Adblock blocks the ads between posts - they are sneaky about how they do that so you need to make a specific rule with a wildcard field in the ad ID number.

Mark

Horror Hotel 25-03-2014 13:38

I must add that on the i5 I've never seen even one ad. Mobil app the way to go maybe?