Cruisers & Sailing Forums (https://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/)
-   Our Community (https://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/f129/)
-   -   why don't we have a "likes" button? (https://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/f129/why-dont-we-have-a-likes-button-122369.html)

sailorboy1 12-03-2014 14:22

why don't we have a "likes" button?

Why don't we have a "Like" button here on CF for when we like a post? We have a Thanks, but that is a private thing that only the poster sees. A Like button should just show on the post the people liked it and be public. There are just times when a quicky is the just right.

Coops 12-03-2014 14:26

Re: why don't we have a "likes" button?

Quote:

Originally Posted by sailorboy1 (Post 1490573)
Why don't we have a "Like" button here on CF for when we like a post? We have a Thanks, but that is a private thing that only the poster sees. A Like button should just show on the post the people liked it and be public. There are just times when a quicky is the just right.

Cannot agree more.:whistling:

Coops.

boatpoker 12-03-2014 14:27

Agreed.

StuM 12-03-2014 14:33

Like!

Coops 12-03-2014 14:36

A semi-sensible reply, it is me after all. :rolleyes: It can also be used as a "dislike'' button. Have seen it happen that somebody says something snarky about somebody and the other members who do not like the person pile in and say they like his post.

Theoretically, it's a great idea, but it can lead to all sorts of problems, and I have seen it tried and removed for that reason elsewhere. I am not saying that it would happen here of course with the high level of reasonableness and maturity that we see displayed consistently, but it is possible.:thumb:

Coops.

sailorboy1 12-03-2014 14:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coops (Post 1490576)
Cannot agree more.:whistling:

Coops.

well you are a mod, make it happen ...................................... please

Coops 12-03-2014 14:39

Perhaps you missed my attempted humour.:D

Coops.

sailorboy1 12-03-2014 15:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coops (Post 1490590)
Perhaps you missed my attempted humour.:D

Coops.

I noted it. But it doesn't change my "made it happen" comment :thumb:

JPA Cate 12-03-2014 16:02

Uh, sailorboy,

Which part of "no" do you not understand?

Besides, it is really little work to say you liked a post right there on the thread; people are using the :thumb: for that or the :flowers: a lot.

Ann

Coops 12-03-2014 16:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by sailorboy1 (Post 1490615)
I noted it. But it doesn't change my "made it happen" comment :thumb:

That's cool then, figured that your sense of humour had perhaps been blunted by "professionals".:D

I may be a mod but I cannot do things like that. That is beyond me both technically and in ranking. You need Admins for that, the top of the tree stuff, not mere saplings like me.:thumb:

Coops.

Coops 12-03-2014 16:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ann T. Cate (Post 1490668)
Uh, sailorboy,

Which part of "no" do you not understand?

Besides, it is really little work to say you liked a post right there on the thread; people are using the :thumb: for that or the :flowers: a lot.

Ann

Don't think anyone actually said no Ann.:D At least I did not. :whistling: Just gave thoughts on perhaps why it is not there. I have no knowledge of if it has ever been considered.

Coops.

JPA Cate 12-03-2014 16:13

^^^

You're right, Coop. I misunderstood.

Sailorboy, I received your thanks. You're welcome.

Ann

Polux 12-03-2014 16:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coops (Post 1490588)
A semi-sensible reply, it is me after all. :rolleyes: It can also be used as a "dislike'' button. Have seen it happen that somebody says something snarky about somebody and the other members who do not like the person pile in and say they like his post.

Theoretically, it's a great idea, but it can lead to all sorts of problems, and I have seen it tried and removed for that reason elsewhere. I am not saying that it would happen here of course with the high level of reasonableness and maturity that we see displayed consistently, but it is possible.:thumb:

Coops.

I "like" that, I mean the post content:D

Stu Jackson 12-03-2014 16:46

Sailnet has it and it's useless. Too much "Facebook-ie" stuff.

ozskipper 12-03-2014 17:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by sailorboy1 (Post 1490573)

Like! I have often wished it was there. I get Coops point about Snarky comments. They can happen anyway of course. And perhaps a simple "turn likes off" thing might be an idea.

There are lots of people who may just a post a good vid (for example) etc, and never get another post in the thread. A Like button will at least let them know the time wasnt wasted..

While we are at it. It would be great if the Classified were in two sections with Boats and Gear separated. Its a bit of a needle in a hay stack atm.