Cruisers & Sailing Forums (https://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/)
-   Europe & Mediterranean (https://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/f17/)
-   -   Spain, 12 month marina contract and tax. (https://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/f17/spain-12-month-marina-contract-and-tax-119016.html)

hoppy 17-01-2014 02:27

Spain, 12 month marina contract and tax.

Are there any tax implications of having a 12 month contract at a marina in Spain for an EU registered yacht?

I know that if I stay more than 182 or whatever days I would be regarded as resident for taxes and thus be taxed on my yacht, but I am not clear about what happens if I leave my yacht there and only spend my holidays in Spain.

goboatingnow 17-01-2014 16:16

Re: Spain, 12 month marina contract and tax.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hoppy (Post 1442606)
Are there any tax implications of having a 12 month contract at a marina in Spain for an EU registered yacht?

I know that if I stay more than 182 or whatever days I would be regarded as resident for taxes and thus be taxed on my yacht, but I am not clear about what happens if I leave my yacht there and only spend my holidays in Spain.

With an EU yacht , no implications.

Dave

Prairie Chicken 18-01-2014 14:37

No implications we're aware of, and we've had our boat there for over 20 years.

snowflakeKeyWes 19-01-2014 00:31

If you are paying for Marina then you will be charges G5 Tax regardless of where you are registered only way to avoid this is to place in Dry Storage

goboatingnow 19-01-2014 05:00

Spain, 12 month marina contract and tax.

The G5 is a low level harbour tax, collected sporadically around Spain , more not then often , the IDSMT is the matric tax which is only due if you become a tax residence.

The G5 can be ignored in that its small beer

Dave

hoppy 19-01-2014 05:10

Thanks everyone. Now I know there is nothing to "fear" about moving the boat to Spain.

I have now found an old page on Noonsite about the Spanish taxes. Not that it would be a worry to me, but getting caught up in the Matriculation tax besides being expensive would be a real pain with the need to re-register the boat and take the Spanish skipper exam in Spanish :whistling:
Update on Spanish Taxes applied to Foreign Registered Boats — Noonsite

I'm not sure if I want to move over there, but at least I now know it is an option :)

rabbi 07-05-2014 15:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by goboatingnow (Post 1444273)

The G5 can be ignored in that its small beer

I think its around 0,0438 per square meter and day.
So even for a smallish cruisin cat this quickly sums up to 100 per month. Not a big deal in relation to Mallorca berthing prices but still