Cruisers & Sailing Forums (https://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/)
-   Meets & Greets (https://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/f9/)
-   -   Regal Commodore parts (https://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/f9/regal-commodore-parts-115572.html)

EddyHenry 17-11-2013 19:11

Regal Commodore parts

Finding replacement parts for my Regal Commodore 2860 is always a struggle. Anyone know of a good resource?

GordMay 18-11-2013 05:46

Re: Regal Commodore parts

Greetings and welcome aboard the CF, EddyHenry.

Any specific parts you're seeking?

https://archive.regalboats.com/2005/A.../2860/Features

ranger42c 18-11-2013 06:46

Is there a Regal owner's club out there somewhere? Our owner's club is a critical resource for us...

-Chris

GordMay 18-11-2013 06:59

The Regal Owners Forum
The Regal Owners Forum • Index page
The Regal Owners Forum • View forum - Boat Models

skipmac 18-11-2013 07:34

It all depends on what parts you're looking for. Regal, like all boat makers, builds the hull and structural elements but everything else is purchased from other companies and assembled.

So if you need engine parts go to a dealer for the brand of engine you have. Pumps and plumbing, electrical items, electronics, etc are almost all standard, off the shelf items and available from standard marine suppliers.

EddyHenry 18-11-2013 13:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by EddyHenry (Post 1393459)
Finding replacement parts for my Regal Commodore 2860 is always a struggle. Anyone know of a good resource?

Thanks for the welcome and responses. Most things I can figure out, but a good example is the latch for the engine room door that broke off. I have looked everywhere for a replacement... Ordered two that I thought would work, but they didn't. It's the little things that drive me a bit crazy.

Also need a new anchor rode, but haven't found specs for the my windlass. I suspect 150' 1/2" will be sufficient for Lake Travis (Austin)... But would be nice to have a dependable resource that knew Regal. My service guy doesn't seem to be able to find out any more than I can.

skipmac 18-11-2013 14:13

Try posting a photo of the broken latch on the forum. Bet someone can come up with a source.

EddyHenry 18-11-2013 15:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by skipmac (Post 1394158)
Try posting a photo of the broken latch on the forum. Bet someone can come up with a source.

Good idea. I'll try that.

EddyHenry 18-11-2013 15:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by ranger42c (Post 1393784)
Is there a Regal owner's club out there somewhere? Our owner's club is a critical resource for us... -Chris

Haven't found one, but I'll look into it some more

ranger42c 19-11-2013 06:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by EddyHenry (Post 1394125)
Thanks for the welcome and responses. Most things I can figure out, but a good example is the latch for the engine room door that broke off. I have looked everywhere for a replacement... Ordered two that I thought would work, but they didn't. It's the little things that drive me a bit crazy.

Also need a new anchor rode, but haven't found specs for the my windlass. I suspect 150' 1/2" will be sufficient for Lake Travis (Austin)... But would be nice to have a dependable resource that knew Regal. My service guy doesn't seem to be able to find out any more than I can.

Is Regal still in business?

No manufacture's mark on the latch? (Not uncommon, for small parts like that). If so, this is where Regal's Customer Service folks (if they're still around) and/or the owner club (see Gord's post #4) will maybe be able to help; usually you'll find somebody has already discovered -- and often even posted -- the details.

Can you tell brand and model of windlass? The windlass manufacturer would have recommended specs for rode (rope size and construction, chain size if it's a rope/chain model, etc.).

-Chris

SkiprJohn 01-12-2013 14:51

Aloha and welcome aboard!