Cruisers & Sailing Forums (https://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/)
-   General Sailing Forum (https://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/f2/)
-   -   Transit Time? NY-FL (https://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/f2/transit-time-ny-fl-111080.html)

Alecadi 05-12-2013 06:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by I.Grind (Post 1407614)
BlackOak was awesome. What's wrong with a couple tows? He paid for the service why not use it?

Yes I agree totally. And he was not arrogant and always had a nice attitude.

scoobert 05-12-2013 06:18

Re: Transit Time? NY-FL

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkangas (Post 1407584)
Hey Scoobert, ask Beau, James or Chris from the marina for help with the batteries. They're great guys and will give ya a hand!

i believe they would, and had considered it! thank you thou, they are awesome people here, i have to say that.

fjwiley1 05-12-2013 06:24

This is still a Great Thread...lotta good conversations, helping each other even with a lil bantering ...

Nomad, it sounds like you are having some fun too...I know you are hitting the good weather...it'll be 80 degrees here today too......Life is Good....:)

scoobert 05-12-2013 06:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Don1500 (Post 1407606)
Scoot, Where are you docked today?

auto-correct i assume? lol
Charleston, SC

scoobert 05-12-2013 13:16

before i give my 155% genoa to this person, has anyone had Charleston sail loft work on a sail for them? i just want to make sure i am giving my sail to someone who knows what they are doing. thanks

Kevin84 05-12-2013 16:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by scoobert (Post 1407968)
before i give my 155% genoa to this person, has anyone had Charleston sail loft work on a sail for them? i just want to make sure i am giving my sail to someone who knows what they are doing. thanks

Nope. Never used them. I have friends give me a hand that do that for a living when I need sail work. Only ever costs me a case of beer and some pizza.

scoobert 05-12-2013 16:24

i thought about fixing it myself. i even have the thread, sewing machine, and sun cover, but i want to use it from here to the keys. its been very light wind since the ICW exit, and i have no time to fix it with other projects needing done prior to departure.

Richard5 05-12-2013 16:29

Wife not sew? If not know how You Tube it or consult CF.

scoobert 05-12-2013 16:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Richard5 (Post 1408137)
Wife not sew? If not know how You Tube it or consult CF.

yes i know how, not enough time, i would have done it today, but cannot lift it. the wife cannot lift it either.

ctl411 05-12-2013 16:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by boatman61 (Post 1407960)
Man there's some seriously 'Old Booga's' here...:D

Yup whenever I'm feeling old I just come here lol.

Richard5 05-12-2013 16:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by scoobert (Post 1408140)
yes i know how, not enough time, i would have done it today, but cannot lift it. the wife cannot lift it either.

I meant if wife not know how. BTW: depending upon type sewing machine and where on sail, may not be necessary to lift entire sail. Besides, aren't there hands around the dock to make an acquaintance?

scoobert 05-12-2013 17:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Richard5 (Post 1408163)
Besides, aren't there hands around the dock to make an acquaintance?

i don't ask for help unless i intend to pay for it. thats just me.

bobconnie 05-12-2013 17:36

:DI find that helping others bears a lot of help in return!! Ive helped folks all over the place with engine and tranny problems, and have had help from others all for free!! Maybe a change in attitude might help out with your problems maybe ?? I have tools that most don't carry, and the knowalge to use them! A lot of us don't have the money to hire someone to fix or move things for us!! But when I have needed hands to help it seems that haveing helped others get's me some help when I need it !! It's a big world out there ! and ya never know when ya will need some help! maybe in a remote anchorage, with no paid help in 500 miles!! Asking for help do not make ya weak! just normal !! Just my 2 cents:thumb:

scoobert 05-12-2013 17:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobconnie (Post 1408188)
:DI find that helping others bears a lot of help in return!! Ive helped folks all over the place with engine and tranny problems, and have had help from others all for free!! Maybe a change in attitude might help out with your problems maybe ?? I have tools that most don't carry, and the knowalge to use them! A lot of us don't have the money to hire someone to fix or move things for us!! But when I have needed hands to help it seems that haveing helped others get's me some help when I need it !! It's a big world out there ! and ya never know when ya will need some help! maybe in a remote anchorage, with no paid help in 500 miles!! Asking for help do not make ya weak! just normal !! Just my 2 cents:thumb:

i do not mind helping others, i have always had an issue asking for help.
i have been independent too long i guess.

Kenomac 05-12-2013 17:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobconnie (Post 1408188)

Offering assitance and not being afraid to ask for a helping hand is all about being part of the cruising community. :thumb: