Cruisers & Sailing Forums (https://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/)
-   General Sailing Forum (https://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/f2/)
-   -   Transit Time? NY-FL (https://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/f2/transit-time-ny-fl-111080.html)

scoobert 29-11-2013 16:34

Re: Transit Time? NY-FL

yes, easy day, except the starting issue.

Coops 29-11-2013 16:36

I think that he meant what time to make it in the morning Scoob.:thumb:

Coops.

Cape Charters 29-11-2013 16:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coops (Post 1403282)
I think that he meant what time to make it in the morning Scoob.:thumb:

Coops.

Nope, just wondering if he made it to Joyner

Coops 29-11-2013 17:01

There you go then, I made a right rowlocks of that didn't I?:D

Coops.

Cuttyhunk 29-11-2013 17:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coops (Post 1403300)

Coops.

It did occur to me that your signature line fits. :rolleyes:

scoobert 29-11-2013 17:22

blog updated.

Coops 29-11-2013 17:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by bethflkys (Post 1403314)
It did occur to me that your signature line fits. :rolleyes:

:D Never a truer word etc.:thumb:

Coops.

bill352 29-11-2013 17:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coops (Post 1403300)

Coops.

If it's required that all of us be right all the time, I think I've staggered into the wrong bar.

sabray 29-11-2013 17:50

Sounds like your not enjoying the trip.

Maybe if you stopped a minute and saw how good it is you could comprehend what joy and support is around you.
I read of your loss . Sometimes these words are of comfort. They remind me that it's okay and pull me back to belief of purpose.

Go placidly amid the noise and haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence.
As far as possible without surrender be on good terms with all persons.
Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even the dull and ignorant; they too have their story.
Avoid loud and aggressive persons, they are vexations to the spirit.
If you compare yourself with others, you may become vain and bitter;
for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself.

Enjoy your achievements as well as your plans.
Keep interested in your career, however humble; it is a real possession in the changing fortunes of time.
Exercise caution in your business affairs; for the world is full of trickery.
But let this not blind you to what virtue there is; many persons strive for high ideals;
and everywhere life is full of heroism.

Be yourself.
Especially, do not feign affection.
Neither be critical about love; for in the face of all aridity and disenchantment it is as perennial as the grass.

Take kindly the counsel of the years, gracefully surrendering the things of youth.
Nurture strength of spirit to shield you in sudden misfortune. But do not distress yourself with imaginings.
Many fears are born of fatigue and loneliness. Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself.

You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars;
you have a right to be here.
And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.

Therefore be at peace with God, whatever you conceive Him to be,
and whatever your labors and aspirations, in the noisy confusion of life keep peace with your soul.
With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy.

cardude 29-11-2013 18:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by sabray (Post 1403334)
Sounds like your not enjoying the trip. Maybe if you stopped a minute and saw how good it is you could comprehend what joy and support is around you. I read of your loss . Sometimes these words are of comfort. They remind me that it's okay and pull me back to belief of purpose. Go placidly amid the noise and haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence. As far as possible without surrender be on good terms with all persons. Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even the dull and ignorant; they too have their story. Avoid loud and aggressive persons, they are vexations to the spirit. If you compare yourself with others, you may become vain and bitter; for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself. Enjoy your achievements as well as your plans. Keep interested in your career, however humble; it is a real possession in the changing fortunes of time. Exercise caution in your business affairs; for the world is full of trickery. But let this not blind you to what virtue there is; many persons strive for high ideals; and everywhere life is full of heroism. Be yourself. Especially, do not feign affection. Neither be critical about love; for in the face of all aridity and disenchantment it is as perennial as the grass. Take kindly the counsel of the years, gracefully surrendering the things of youth. Nurture strength of spirit to shield you in sudden misfortune. But do not distress yourself with imaginings. Many fears are born of fatigue and loneliness. Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here. And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should. Therefore be at peace with God, whatever you conceive Him to be, and whatever your labors and aspirations, in the noisy confusion of life keep peace with your soul. With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy.

Wow. Really? Are you some kind of new age psychologist, or do you just play one on TV?

Thought this thread was about a young couple having an adventure on their boat...

Andrew B. 29-11-2013 18:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by cardude (Post 1403344)
Wow. Really? Are you some kind of new age psychologist, or do you just play one on TV?

Thought this thread was about a young couple having an adventure on their boat...

Or maybe just offering comfort to a couple that just lost their son a short
time back in the best way he knows how.

gathhill 29-11-2013 18:20

Sabray is guilty of a little plagiarism here. I think it is in order for him to quote the author on that one. I remember reading that years ago. Original by
Max Ehrmann's inspirational poem - Desiderata

1920 :whistling:

Cape Charters 29-11-2013 18:25

Since there has been some question of "scooberts legitimacy ( I had my doubts) and without turning this into another "Flyin Hawaiian" thread, I swung by the marine on my way home (passing the Dominoes driver) and lo and behold there is a schooner at the fuel dock. Good onya scoobs!!!

fjwiley1 29-11-2013 18:28

Scoobert......you are still doin good...just keep Smlin.....;)

sabray 29-11-2013 18:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by gathhill (Post 1403359)
Sabray is guilty of a little plagiarism here. I think it is in order for him to quote the author on that one. I remember reading that years ago. Original by Max Ehrmann's inspirational poem - Desiderata 1920 :whistling:

No I didn't claim I wrote this. Should have disclaimed maybe. Though it has no copyright.

Not trying out for a tv spot. Just seemed like a well positioned piece for this journey.
Quietly and clearly if you don't get my intent then you are a potential idiot.