Cruisers & Sailing Forums (https://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/)
-   General Sailing Forum (https://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/f2/)
-   -   Transit Time? NY-FL (https://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/f2/transit-time-ny-fl-111080.html)

scoobert 29-11-2013 12:18

Re: Transit Time? NY-FL
 
Its the entire bank. Its at 13.5 now. As time goes on, it goes to 13.9

a64pilot 29-11-2013 12:27

OK so one alt charges everything, Some reason I thought you had two

scoobert 29-11-2013 12:32

Re: Transit Time? NY-FL
 
Any good info on wilmington nc docks?

cheoah 29-11-2013 12:57

Re: Transit Time? NY-FL
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by scoobert (Post 1403066)
Its the entire bank. Its at 13.5 now. As time goes on, it goes to 13.9

I don't know how your alt is regulated but no matter what, 13.9 does seem low. That's a cloudy day with a Kyocera 130W. My alt is a Powerline, reg by an ARS-5; I see 14.4+

I use a Napa starting battery, connected via Echo charge to the house bank. Skip the marine battery, I think I remember you saying something about an Interstate anyway.... I think you said the battery was a 2006?

Alecadi 29-11-2013 13:01

Scooby
The picture on your blog showed pour installation and poor connection in the battery box.
Perhaps your loosing some voltage there?

cheoah 29-11-2013 13:04

Re: Transit Time? NY-FL
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by scoobert (Post 1403080)
Any good info on wilmington nc docks?

You mean Cape Fear area or Wilmington proper? It is out of the way.

$1.25 is the rate at the City docks or Wilmington MArine Center, $1.50 I think for most other places, including Bald Head.

Might consider killing a day in Wilmington though and waiting for Sun, if all you have is a last leg to Charleston.

The falling tide in the Cape Fear is no ********. If you are going up it, it is worth waiting for the flood. I've tied up in southport overnight just to avoid wasting all that time and diesel.

cheoah 29-11-2013 13:07

Re: Transit Time? NY-FL
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Alecadi (Post 1403095)
Scooby
The picture on your blog showed pour installation and poor connection in the battery box.
Perhaps your loosing some voltage there?

Yes, this would be the place to start.

scoobert 29-11-2013 13:14

Re: Transit Time? NY-FL
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by cheoah (Post 1403097)
You mean Cape Fear area or Wilmington proper? It is out of the way.

$1.25 is the rate at the City docks or Wilmington MArine Center, $1.50 I think for most other places, including Bald Head.

Might consider killing a day in Wilmington though and waiting for Sun, if all you have is a last leg to Charleston.

The falling tide in the Cape Fear is no ********. If you are going up it, it is worth waiting for the flood. I've tied up in southport overnight just to avoid wasting all that time and diesel.

Wilmington city docks? Thats where we are, waiting for the bridge, once again...

cheoah 29-11-2013 13:22

Re: Transit Time? NY-FL
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by scoobert (Post 1403101)
Wilmington city docks? Thats where we are, waiting for the bridge, once again...

Waiting on what bridge?

Yes Wilmington City Docks. I think you have to have Boat US to get the $1.25.

Cape Charters 29-11-2013 13:35

Must be waiting for Wrightsville Beach bridge, Cape Fear Memorial Bridge has plenty of room.

scoobert 29-11-2013 13:36

Re: Transit Time? NY-FL
 
Looks like the city docks are not on the icw?
Figure 8 island bridge.

johnmcntsh 29-11-2013 13:41

Re: Transit Time? NY-FL
 
You are not near Wilmington yet. Wrightsville Beach is your next way point. Wilmington is past Carolina Beach and then up the Cape Fear River

cheoah 29-11-2013 13:44

Re: Transit Time? NY-FL
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by scoobert (Post 1403121)
Looks like the city docks are not on the icw?
Figure 8 island bridge.

No, they are out of the way. I thought you were at Wilmington City Docks, hence my confusion about bridges.

Your next best bet for a place to tie up - if you don't stay in Wrightsville - is Carolina Beach. They have moorings, don't know about docks. I used to anchor in there but haven't used moorings yet. They are just a little ways from you, before Snows Cut. You're running short on light now, but there are the downstream marinas too, in southport and Bald Head.

If you don't tie up where you are, Carolina Beach is worth looking at.

Cape Charters should keep an eye out soon-

Cape Charters 29-11-2013 13:48

Moorings at CB are $20 a nite, but I don't think he's gonna make it there. Getting dark and the ICW between WB and CB has a few notorious bad shoals and no real good anchorages for his draft

cheoah 29-11-2013 13:53

Re: Transit Time? NY-FL
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cape Charters (Post 1403138)
Moorings at CB are $20 a nite, but I don't think he's gonna make it there. Getting dark and the ICW between WB and CB has a few notorious bad shoals and no real good anchorages for his draft

Yup, 4 o clock bridge I guess doesn't leave much... Oh right, he's got one more too..

Banks channel (isn't that the anchorage?) or one of the marinas on this side of the bridge is about all they're gonna get.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 18:10.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.


ShowCase vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.