Cruisers & Sailing Forums (https://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/)
-   Our Community (https://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/f129/)
-   -   If I Don't Agree With You am I Therefore wrong? (https://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/f129/if-i-dont-agree-with-you-am-i-therefore-wrong-107435.html)

rognvald 18-07-2013 12:13

Re: If I Don't Agree With You am I Therefore wrong?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bash (Post 1287949)
An excellent case in point: someone who is truly wrong! (And not just because of poor spelling.)

While the entire Australopithecus genus was bipedal, they are skeletally adapted to an arboreal lifestyle.


Sorry, Bash . . . but you are quite wrong. Without going into a discussion of human evolution, the Australopithicines, a term which covers several forms of early Man, were equally comfortable in both trees and the savannah. It is common knowledge that they were bipedal(which means they walked upright ie; as on the ground) as were both the more primitive and the more advanced forms of early man. As in the case of A. Africanus, he made his living foraging in trees and on the ground. Here's a couple of references you might like to read. There are volumes in addition to these that delve deeper into this subject. Good luck, good sailing and may your hopeful evolution be successful.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Australopithecus
humanorigins.si.edu ... Human Fossils Species

rognvald 18-07-2013 12:17

Re: If I Don't Agree With You am I Therefore wrong?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by tropicalescape (Post 1287922)
I believe the word is spelled with an s after the "U" 'Austropithacus' I had to do this as I cant spell a lick!lol


Thanks, TE. You're quite correct. I'll try harder next time with my editing while typing in a maniacal heat of passion.

Therapy 18-07-2013 13:59

Re: If I Don't Agree With You am I Therefore wrong?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bash (Post 1287949)
An excellent case in point: someone who is truly wrong! (And not just because of poor spelling.)

While the entire Australopithecus genus was bipedal, they are skeletally adapted to an arboreal lifestyle.

Originally Posted by rognvald View Post
Quote:

My use of the word Sheeple(Yes, I am that horrible person) has never been used in a specific sense describing one person or could even be remotely construed as "name calling", since it has been used in a generic sense to describe a sociological phenomena that has plagued the world since Autralopithicus Africanus descended from the trees.
That's the problem. Sometimes the facts presented aren't. And then they take offense. And then mommys moderators are needed.

Therapy 18-07-2013 14:01

Re: If I Don't Agree With You am I Therefore wrong?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by rognvald (Post 1288121)
Sorry, Bash . . . but you are quite wrong. Without going into a discussion of human evolution, the Australopithicines, a term which covers several forms of early Man, were equally comfortable in both trees and the savannah. It is common knowledge that they were bipedal(which means they walked upright ie; as on the ground) as were both the more primitive and the more advanced forms of early man. As in the case of A. Africanus, he made his living foraging in trees and on the ground. Here's a couple of references you might like to read. There are volumes in addition to these that delve deeper into this subject. Good luck, good sailing and may your hopeful evolution be successful.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Australopithecus
humanorigins.si.edu ... Human Fossils Species

See what I mean.

SHeesh. How can one keep up, much less decide?

SoulJah 18-07-2013 16:24

Re: If I Don't Agree With You am I Therefore wrong?
 
Once upon a time there lived a King whose subjects told too many lies.
This troubled the King greatly so to put a stop to their untruths he erected a guillotine in the public square and issued a decree, that henceforth anyone telling lies would have their head cut off.

When the guillotine was finally erected, he surveyed the guillotine from his balcony and decided to make an example of someone.

He ordered his head guard to go into the public square and question someone, and if they tell a lie, cut off their head!

The guard walked up to a man and said “I am going to question you, and if you lie to me, you will be put on the guillotine and your head will be cut off”

“OK then fire away” said the man
“Well um, Where are you going?” asked the guard, as a sort of warm up question.
‘I am going to have my head cut off” was the reply.

SecondBase 19-07-2013 19:44

With apologies to rognvald -

Sheeple: verb (from Ital. sheepali) 1) When one boat is alone in a large anchorage a second boat will often sheeple within a boat length. 2) Anchoring too close for no reason. 3) Following or clustering.

tropicalescape 23-07-2013 17:20

Re: If I Don't Agree With You am I Therefore wrong?
 
Yes you are wrong and you always will be ,cowboy up you loser! what ? what? ,what a bad dream I was having,seems my girlfriend was trying to pick up my spirits and make me feel good about myself with positive statements about how "right" I always am and how I am a born leader and such! Really! ...really? yea really!

Teknav 23-07-2013 17:24

Re: If I Don't Agree With You am I Therefore wrong?
 
Hiya Tropics! I think you need a vacation, bud! Too much GF...ummm...never mind! :D

Mauritz
Going to behave now!

tropicalescape 23-07-2013 19:21

Re: If I Don't Agree With You am I Therefore wrong?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Teknav (Post 1292191)
Hiya Tropics! I think you need a vacation, bud! Too much GF...ummm...never mind! :D

Mauritz
Going to behave now!

I would agree with you, but!

removalslondon2 29-07-2013 23:36

Re: If I Don't Agree With You am I Therefore wrong?
 
Whoa......I think this discussion is getting hotter like sun.

Naamah 31-07-2013 14:32

I'm glad I'm hot and single...free to good home lol.

Julie Mor 31-07-2013 15:11

Re: If I Don't Agree With You am I Therefore wrong?
 
I was an administrator on a forum for high school boys wrestling for five years. WOW! Did I learn a lot! It quickly became apparent just because you post something does not mean it will be read in its entirety. Nor does it mean it will be understood the way you meant it to be.

Without the audio, lots gets lost. Without being face to face, even more gets lost. The reader is left with only their own interpretation and rarely is it accurate. Long posts rarely get read in their entirety. Most people want to respond before they have read the whole thing, just like interrupting someone in conversation but the writer of the post doesn't know they are being interrupted. Things can quickly go downhill.

I put in seven more years as a forum moderator and wrote several "How to Communicate on a Forum" articles. Despite rave reviews, the effect of trying to tame the masses never lasted.

After I left the admin/mod role, I decided the only way for me to deal with the negative side of forum communication is to remember it has no effect on me or my life and in no way defines me. If I get angry or upset, I am the only one hurt. If I carry a grudge, I am the only one burdened with it. I prefer to keep the load lightened. :) Peace... https://www.cruisersforum.com/attachm...ae713ef08e.gif

ShaktiGurl 31-07-2013 15:19

Nice Julie. I agree.

minaret 31-07-2013 15:25

Re: If I Don't Agree With You am I Therefore wrong?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Julie Mor (Post 1298812)
I was an administrator on a forum for high school boys wrestling for five years. WOW! Did I learn a lot! It quickly became apparent just because you post something does not mean it will be read in its entirety. Nor does it mean it will be understood the way you meant it to be.

Without the audio, lots gets lost. Without being face to face, even more gets lost. The reader is left with only their own interpretation and rarely is it accurate. Long posts rarely get read in their entirety. Most people want to respond before they have read the whole thing, just like interrupting someone in conversation but the writer of the post doesn't know they are being interrupted. Things can quickly go downhill.

I put in seven more years as a forum moderator and wrote several "How to Communicate on a Forum" articles. Despite rave reviews, the effect of trying to tame the masses never lasted.

After I left the admin/mod role, I decided the only way for me to deal with the negative side of forum communication is to remember it has no effect on me or my life and in no way defines me. If I get angry or upset, I am the only one hurt. If I carry a grudge, I am the only one burdened with it. I prefer to keep the load lightened. :) Peace... https://www.cruisersforum.com/attachm...ae713ef08e.gif


Too true. Being windy, verbose, and a fast reader, it took me quite some time to learn this lesson. Very few people actually bother to read lengthy posts in their entirety. The ones that do are the ones who are just as annoyingly sure of themselves as you are!:thumb:


I can't imagine what moderating a forum for high school wrestling would be like. Way too much 'sponsibilty.

Teknav 31-07-2013 15:27

Re: If I Don't Agree With You am I Therefore wrong?
 
Hi Julie! The best advice I can give to anyone who deals with the public..."If someone has a problem, don't make it yours." :D

Mauritz
Knows All, Sees All...Only a Dullah! (Fries NOT Included.)


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:18.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.


ShowCase vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.