Cruisers & Sailing Forums (https://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/)
-   Monohull Sailboats (https://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/f47/)
-   -   My Ockelbo OS 19. (https://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/f47/my-ockelbo-os-19-a-106659.html)

Proxor 30-06-2013 01:53

My Ockelbo OS 19.
 
2 Attachment(s)
Making a thread about my small 19 foot ockelbo sailboat.
Another solar panel and a rail for the back end are on the way in the mail :)
i sailed it for the third time yesterday and i am just happy the boat are moving at all when i sail:D never sailed before.
Here are 2 pictures from yesterday and a movie.
Ockelbo OS 19 - YouTube

haw1961 30-06-2013 15:17

Re: My Ockelbo OS 19.
 
Well done Proxor. Congratulations, very pretty clear water. Nice boat.

Tomm0 30-06-2013 22:03

Re: My Ockelbo OS 19.
 
Tell me about your jib furler?
Brand/model?

Thanks. :)

Proxor 01-07-2013 00:29

Re: My Ockelbo OS 19.
 
sorry but no idea :p

Barney Post 02-07-2013 05:53

Re: My Ockelbo OS 19.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Proxor (Post 1273798)
Making a thread about my small 19 foot ockelbo sailboat.
Another solar panel and a rail for the back end are on the way in the mail :)
i sailed it for the third time yesterday and i am just happy the boat are moving at all when i sail:D never sailed before.
Here are 2 pictures from yesterday and a movie.
Ockelbo OS 19 - YouTube

Great photos. As this is also a rare model, I was wondering if I could get permission to use one of them on my web site.
It would appear on this page: OS19 (OCKELBO) sailboat specifications and details on sailboatdata.com
I will provide any kind of attribution you wish.
Thanks.
Randy Browning
Norwalk, CT USA
sailboatdata.com

Lake-Effect 02-07-2013 06:14

Re: My Ockelbo OS 19.
 
Hi Proxor,

Congratulations on the boat acquisition. And thanks for the great pictures.

The Ockelbo OS 19 is a close sibling to our boat (Sandpiper 565) as well as the english Sailfish - same hull and sailplan, basically, on all 3- but the Ockelbo has a fixed fin-keel whereas the Sandpiper has a vertically retracting weighted keel. The boat designer (Leonardo da Costa) told us that the OS 19 points the best, in his opinion.

Tommo, the jib furler looks the same as ours, which is a simple reel attached to a genoa with a wire in the luff, and a swivel up top. It provides furling, but not reefing, since there's no rigid foil on the luff.

HappyMdRSailor 02-07-2013 06:31

Re: My Ockelbo OS 19.
 
Hee hee....

You've been afflicted.... There's no going back now.... :whistling:

Start saving for the next boat ... yesterday!:D

barnakiel 02-07-2013 07:57

Re: My Ockelbo OS 19.
 
Oh, so you DID get a sunny day in Norway this summer??? ;-)

Nice boat and fabulous landscape! Are you in a fjord or on a big lake?

Cheers,
b.

Proxor 02-07-2013 08:32

Re: My Ockelbo OS 19.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by barnakiel (Post 1275421)
Oh, so you DID get a sunny day in Norway this summer??? ;-)

Nice boat and fabulous landscape! Are you in a fjord or on a big lake?

Cheers,
b.

On the sea=) dont like lakes, like the open freedom of ocean:) a small fjord yes.

Proxor 02-07-2013 08:38

Re: My Ockelbo OS 19.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Barney Post (Post 1275342)
Great photos. As this is also a rare model, I was wondering if I could get permission to use one of them on my web site.
It would appear on this page: OS19 (OCKELBO) sailboat specifications and details on sailboatdata.com
I will provide any kind of attribution you wish.
Thanks.
Randy Browning
Norwalk, CT USA
sailboatdata.com

feel free to use any photo u want, but i will get some better photos when i have mounted rail at the back, and the other solar panel next to the other, got rail in the mail today but no feet to mount it to the boat:/ so had to order the feet today.

Proxor 02-07-2013 08:54

Re: My Ockelbo OS 19.
 
2 Attachment(s)
i got these 2 photo of it also from some weeks ago, if u want to use, there u see it more in profile from the side, but not sunny weather on these photos:p

Proxor 02-07-2013 10:40

Re: My Ockelbo OS 19.
 
take what photo u want Barney Post.

Barney Post 02-07-2013 11:08

Re: My Ockelbo OS 19.
 
Thanks.
They are all such great photos. There is so much in them.
Unfortunately I'm only trying to show what the boat looks like.

rb

Proxor 02-07-2013 14:09

Re: My Ockelbo OS 19.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lake-Effect (Post 1275354)
Hi Proxor,

Congratulations on the boat acquisition. And thanks for the great pictures.

The Ockelbo OS 19 is a close sibling to our boat (Sandpiper 565) as well as the english Sailfish - same hull and sailplan, basically, on all 3- but the Ockelbo has a fixed fin-keel whereas the Sandpiper has a vertically retracting weighted keel. The boat designer (Leonardo da Costa) told us that the OS 19 points the best, in his opinion.

Tommo, the jib furler looks the same as ours, which is a simple reel attached to a genoa with a wire in the luff, and a swivel up top. It provides furling, but not reefing, since there's no rigid foil on the luff.

i know:) so i like to watch youtube videos of the sandpiper565 becouse it is so much like mine:) because no video on the ockelbo on youtube, but the sandpiper565 have a lot of videos so i enjoy watching them becouse it is simular to mine :thumb:

Proxor 31-07-2013 04:06

Re: My Ockelbo OS 19.
 
1 Attachment(s)
Got the pushpit rail thing mounted and another sunwind solar panel, so got 2x30w=60w.
https://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/...8&d=1375267558

Here are an inspiring video, Aron Meder sailed around the world in a old 19 foot sailboat (carina.)

Hungarian sailing around the world in a tiny yacht at Yacht Haven Marina - YouTube


amazing how big waves a smal 19 foot sailboat can handle:)
A hullám - YouTube


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:45.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.


ShowCase vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.