Erik de Jong
- About Erik de Jong
- Vessel Make/ model
- Custom designed and build 52'
- Vessel Name
- Sitka, Alaska
- Yacht designer and charter skipper
- Sailing at (extreme) high latitudes
- Started sailing as a very young boy with my parents, they gave me the "cruising virus" and now my wife and I are making commercial cruises to Greenland, Spitsbergen, Arctic Canada and Alaska with our charter vessel "Bagheera".
I designed "Bagheera" when I was 16 years old and started building her at 22 with help from my dad.
In the meantime we have sailed 65.000 miles in the northern high latitudes with her.
- We operate our "Bagheera" in the high Arctic for scientific, skiing, mountaineering, diving, research and adventurous expeditions.
- Senior Cruiser