I have done a lot of work on the boat including the following.
1. Replacing all the standing rigging.
2. Replaced all the keep bolts with stainless and stainless nuts.
3.Replaced foredeck and aft hatches with aluminum.
4. Replaced all the big windows with lexan. Had 1/8" thick stainless steel trim rings custom made.
5. Built a nav station and setee on the starbard side of the saloon.
6. Replaced the old panel board with new Blue Sea board.
7. Installed an autopilot and new sailing instruments.
8. Installed a new galley top with stainless.
10. Replaced the old alchohol galley stove with propane.
Have not done any work on the diesel. It had about 100 hours on it when I bought the boat.
I paid $25K for my boat. But as you can see from the above, I ended up putting a lot more into it. Fortunately the sails were in good shape and needed only minor restiching.
If you have any other questions, feel free to meail me.
Hey there Sam..just LOVING the name of your boat! I am a divorced dad with "female troubles" and looking for a liveaboard to solve my current mid divorce living accomodation issues. I have been looking at a 41 columbia (1974) which is priced at 39k CDN. I think its a little overpriced, but looking for an opinion since clearly you own one for a reason. It has a hard fiberglass dodger on the top. The boat is at Vela Yacht Sales in Victoria BC. Do you have opinions on the boat? What to look for etc? Wiring, Deck leakage etc? I would love to hear from you. If you don't want to post back here, email me at wildpacific AT gmail DOT com. Thanks