Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-11-2009, 20:20   #61
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Valiant 40 (1975)
I love my solo sails, although I am sure that is only part of what is being talked about here. And yeah, I would rank being alone on the sea without any bs right up there with the other part being talked about. If you want to know which one is me- its the boat with the sheet to tiller steering and a person occasionally peeking out of the cabin with an impish grin on his face...(occasionally I will bring along my son)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ss2.jpg
Views:	188
Size:	391.0 KB
ID:	10906  
s/v Beth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 20:49   #62

Boat: boatless atm
Send a message via MSN to bobfnbw
No debts.
A marina with many interesting people and good dock mates.
Beautiful anchorages with no other boats.
Lots of sunshine but not to hot.
Fish and shellfish for the taking, in unpolluted water.
Fair winds and following seas.
Never having mal de mar.
Lots of headroom, but not alot of windage or draft...
A mast that can get under all the bridges of the intercoastal, but sails well in light airs...
Beautiful interior woodwork, brass and bronze, a true natical yacht that don't cost a arm and a leg.
Little outside woodwork, and thru hulls that don't corrode.
Ground tackle that stays put no matter what, until I want it to move.
Easy to get to systems that don't require a bottle of motrin afterwards to repair.

My beautiful wife loving every minute of cruising.
15 Great years of retirement, with no worries, starting now....

if only..
bobfnbw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 15:29   #63
cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pelagic View Post
Since most sailors like to have lots of spares and back up systems, would it be impertinent to consider that perhaps, if truth be told…. a man might like to have a boat big enough for a back up woman or 2?

Or should we save that one for Playboy ?....
One woman can be anywhere between heaven and heck.
Two women is absolute and utter heck.
Three women is most likely to be heaven.
For a man to be happy women must come in odd numbers!
If you don't understand this and just can't figure out why ... well one woman only for you No spares!
Noname1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 16:19   #64
Moderator... short for Cat Wrangler

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Cal 28 Flush Deck
Aw Pel, ya don't need a bigger boat, most v berths have plenty of room fer three!

ain't what ya do, it's the way that ya do it...
sarafina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2009, 07:53   #65

Boat: pilot cutter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocean Girl View Post
Hoppy, its a miracle your not married.

Since guys hijack the gals threads all the time! I feel no pangs of guilt dipping my toes into this discussion .
I think men want....hmmm...
As far as a boat..evey man is different, just look at all the different boats that are lovingly cared for by their owners. Monos, multis, traditional and modern, slow dogs and fast race boats, every man is different. But the main selling point is a boat that will get the job done (the job as they define it), whether it sailing across the Atlantic or a nice comfortable day trip.
As far as what a man wants in a woman...wait, was that question asked? No? no problem, as a woman I will tell you what you asked even if you are not aware you asked it . It is easy to say a man wants a beautiful sex starved woman. But that is not a real man, especially a cruising man (yes, I truly believe this). I think a man wants a happy woman as Don Lucas said. She doesn't have to be euphoric, but someone that is emotionally stable, trusting and respectful of the man. Beyond that, I think the boat rule stated above also applies here. Every man is different - they want a woman that can get the job done, again, as they define it (no peanut gallery comments!!). I am talking about the traits of a cruising companion. Well, I see I am digging a deeper and deeper hole so I will bow out as gracefully as I can...

Cheers,
Erika
The simple fact is, whether they are willing to admit it or not (and whether woman wish to believe it or not), Hoppy was right....mute nympho is the correct answer. -- That does as they're told without argument -- being the only caveat.

Any woman told something other than that is being lied to, and any man saying other than that is compromising their own principles. Sad but true....we're really not that far removed from the jungle.
Not Sure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2009, 08:11   #66
Armchair Bucketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not Sure View Post
The simple fact is, whether they are willing to admit it or not (and whether woman wish to believe it or not), Hoppy was right....mute nympho is the correct answer. -- That does as they're told without argument -- being the only caveat.

Any woman told something other than that is being lied to, and any man saying other than that is compromising their own principles. Sad but true....we're really not that far removed from the jungle.
A mute obedient nympho as a g/f? Can she also cook & iron? Why not - I'd give most things a go

But as a long term partner / wife / mate? Not for me. Probably ideal for some fellas but IME that says more about them............
David_Old_Jersey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2009, 08:44   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by David_Old_Jersey View Post
A mute obedient nympho as a g/f? Can she also cook & iron? Why not - I'd give most things a go

But as a long term partner / wife / mate? Not for me. Probably ideal for some fellas but IME that says more about them............
'Long term partner/wife/mate' is a misnomer, and is clearly an idea cooked up by woman and browbeaten into gullible men who then passed laws regarding 'marriage' because it seemed to suit their own needs also. (Which is probably why most old couples spend the majority of their time arguing with each other.) The natural order of things is that the most fit males are the ones that get breeding rights, and females are free to choose whichever males suits their fancy at the time. The physiology of this is evident in the design of the human penis, the head of which is evolved to clear out other sperm from the vagina and replace it with its own. Crude, but true. But I digress....

Anyways, naturally men don't want a woman who is actually mute and a nympho, but rather, one that isn't always yammering on, and who doesn't wield sex as a weapon or tool to get their way, as discussed previously. And one that doesn't argue, nor view the relationship as some kind of competition, which many woman are want to do. You show me a woman like that, and I'll declare you've found a prize.
Old 18-11-2009, 08:54   #68

It would seem, upon reflection, that the best relationships don't involve marriage, since that is when both partners usually begin to take the other for granted, and tend to stop working at the relationship, since there is no real need to...as they're bound to each other by 'marriage'.
Old 18-11-2009, 09:21   #69

Boat: gulfstar ketch 41 Surya
I refuse to date a woman I can't take in a fair fight.
S/V_Surya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2009, 10:01   #70

I always figured you get what you give. Want a good friend, be a good friend, want a good wife, be a good husband. Any lack of success or satisfaction in my life is all my fault.
Joli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2009, 10:03   #71

Boat: Rainbow 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by S/V_Surya View Post
I refuse to date a woman I can't take in a fair fight.
I hate to tell you this, mate, but there's never been a fair fight with a woman in all of recorded history!
Old 18-11-2009, 10:11   #72

Boat: Lord Nelson 41 S/V Fair Wind
Send a message via AIM to MJWEENZ
Back to the subject of the boat (ahem) I want one that has mechanical spaces big enough for a normal sized man to work in.
MJWEENZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2009, 10:44   #73

Boat: Long range motor cruiser
Quote:
Originally Posted by Not Sure View Post

And these 'principles' entitle you to believe that a woman's sole purpose is to serve the superior male?

You'd be walking the plank on my boat.
The message is the journey, we are sure the answer lies in the destination. But in reality, there is no station, no place to arrive at once and for all. The joy of life is the trip, and the station is a dream that constantly out distances us”. Robert Hastings, The Station
fishwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2009, 10:56   #74
Armchair Bucketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishwife View Post
a woman's sole purpose is to serve the superior male?
I'll have 2 sugars in that please luv

David_Old_Jersey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2009, 11:17   #75
CLOD

Boat: none
“Dear Penthouse Forum,

I’m 55, pot bellied and bald. To be honest I have face that causes boat hulls to blister when they catch my reflection.

To my surprise I recently hit it off with a 25 year old glorious blonde bombshell of a woman. She is fantastic in bed and I can not believe the things she comes up with and is willing to do. She never talks back and only speaks when spoken to. Meeting my smallest whim appears to bring her the utmost satisfaction.

My only problem is; I really wish she would turn herself into a sailboat during the day!”

Really now this thread has been amusing but got off the path right in the beginning. What I really was hoping to hear was from the ladies as to what they thought men wanted in a boat to go along with the "what do women what in a boat" question. Wonder if I started a new one and named it a little different there would be a chance to bring it around?
sailorboy1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
men