My wife and I are in our late 20's and we're in the process of saving for a yacht. We currently live in London but once we have enough to buy a yacht, we'd love to have some kids
and raise them onboard somewhere cool, or hoping around islands.
From what we can see, the majority of the cruisers in the world are retired and at a different point in life, needing different things. From what we've noticed from blogs, us younger folks are outnumbered in a big way!
So that brought us to the idea of starting a forum/ social media website specifically for cruisers with children
or planning on having children
, or just pre-retired
The idea is to have a platform where we can easily get to know if there are groups of us about and discuss more specific problems relating to our situations, perhaps join up and meet each other.
These are some of the features we would want to include:
1) A forum with the usual sections
2) Social media with the ability to create events
and invite friends to events
3) A Platform for people to post up articles for the community to see without having to have their own site
4) A section that details the different groups of us around the world with the ability to register yourself as someone in one of the groups
5) Any other features that the community might find useful so feel free to let us know.
We realise that there is this section, but it isn't very feature rich and doesn't really cater for our needs adequately.
We're looking for feedback at this point, do you feel this is something that you would want to use? A website like that is all about the community and it's very difficult for it to get rolling without at least a few members ready to start using it from the beginning so your input is very important.
The aim is for this small community to really get involved and get to know each other around the world. It would be for us, so if you've got a second, please share your thoughts or ideas and whether its something you would be interested in. We would love to hear what everyone thinks!
Brian & Jo