Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 27-03-2009, 16:07   #1

Boat: Wauquiez Chance 37-Benevolence
Seventy-Two Hour Rule for Health Certificate in Mexico

We are scheduled to get our cat's health certificate done by WEdnesday next week near Pensacaola. From there, we are hoping to make Mexico in 6-8 days. They only allow a 72 hr rule which i heard really only applies to flying pets, not boat pets? Does anyone know how strict this is, what happens if it's been up to 14 days from the signed certificate before we arrive in Isla Mujeres?

Our cat won't leave the boat- does anyone have tips and suggestions when the cat doesn't leave the boat? i've already read all the noonsite info and other websites but it's so black and white and general for all types of travel-

what is is like to arrive in Mexico, later than 72 hours with a cat who isn't getting off the boat? are there additional fees or ???

Thanks for your help- I've been really stressed about this. Waiting for the vet to get our certificate signed in three days pushes us out of our weather window and I'm worried it might take longer to get to Mexico.
sailingchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2009, 10:34   #2

I took my dog to Mexico last year and had no problem with the 72hr rule,we stayed 7mo.and had to get a health permit 2wks to fly back to the states from Mazatlan wnevinsandanzas@gmail.com
wnevinsandanzas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 06:47   #3
cat herder, extreme blacksheep

Boat: 1976 FORMOSA yankee clipper 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailingchic View Post
We are scheduled to get our cat's health certificate done by WEdnesday next week near Pensacaola. From there, we are hoping to make Mexico in 6-8 days. They only allow a 72 hr rule which i heard really only applies to flying pets, not boat pets? Does anyone know how strict this is, what happens if it's been up to 14 days from the signed certificate before we arrive in Isla Mujeres?

Our cat won't leave the boat- does anyone have tips and suggestions when the cat doesn't leave the boat? i've already read all the noonsite info and other websites but it's so black and white and general for all types of travel-

what is is like to arrive in Mexico, later than 72 hours with a cat who isn't getting off the boat? are there additional fees or ???

Thanks for your help- I've been really stressed about this. Waiting for the vet to get our certificate signed in three days pushes us out of our weather window and I'm worried it might take longer to get to Mexico.
havent heard of any--but best to check noonsite--they have info for us cat owners......
zeehag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 09:52   #4
always in motion is the future

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Sundeer 64
When they want a health certificate not older than 72 hours for animals aboard arriving ships, they will have to accept one written and signed by the captain.

Don't laugh... I'm quite sure they will accept it, especially if you have your ship-stamp and make it look professional.

cheers,
Nick.
s/v Jedi is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
Mexico