Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 13-01-2011, 18:47   #31

Boat: 1978 Choy Lee 32'
1. proposes to the woman after knowing her for three weeks and every week after that, 2. Suggests they have a baby the day after the wedding, 3. Tells her every day that she is beautiful and he's crazy about her. 4. Buys flowers every time he buys a new gadget for the boat.
Quote:
seagypsywoman
When did you meet my husband?
AnneP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2011, 18:59   #32

Boat: 1978 Choy Lee 32'
I read a quote somewhere when I was in school.
it is not seeing the perfect person, but seeing the person perfectly
AnneP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2011, 19:05   #33

Boat: In the hunt again, unknown
I have a LOT of faults, good thing my wife is near sighted.
Khagan1227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2011, 08:19   #34

Location: Morlaix Brittany France blog: theguerns.blogspot.com
Boat: Colvic Watson/32ft/Feels Good
Send a message via Skype™ to feelsgood
same story

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Wheeler View Post
OK I am going to open up here a little a tell you a very important lesson I learn't in life. Dawn and I just had our 17th wedding aniversary by the way. But we nearly didn't. A few years back, I had a job that was so stressful, that it nearly killed me. And that's not an exageration. During the time that I was going through, I was basicly having a breakdown and I was starting to make some irrational decisions. I was working in another part of the country and traveling home every second weekend. Man was that hard work. So when I saw Dawn on those weekends, I was struggling to cope on top of my work stress with all the normal every day decisions that couples make at home. Simple little decisions were just to hard and I felt so far away from Dawn. Well it all came to a crunch one night when I just had enough. And I suggested we part company. I mean, she was the one stable thing in my life I had left and yet I was going to make a stupid mistake of walking away from her. She made a comment that hit me between the eyes like a 4x2.
"but this is our journey together"
What a sudden wake up I got. I realised this wasn't me on my own. All the horrible crap going on was just part of a journey that WE were taking TOGETHER. That was a journey that we started togehter the day I asked here to marry me. Asking a person to marry you is about asking them to walk with you on a journey through life.
Man do a lot of couples miss that reality check in life. I hear it all the time, "we just grew apart.
I am so blessed.
cough cough, hey aren't we Kiwi blokes supposed to be tuff emotionless guy's.
They say thet the tougher the start the better the ride. Well I decided that to get my wife to marry me I had to come up with something realy orignal so I dropped dead in front of her with a heart attack. Hows that for dramitic? well 20 years down the line I am better that ever and still sailing and paying attention to Sally because If I have learned one thing when a woman says I will love you through anything I KNOW she means it. Here is to the next 20 years.Regards Pete
feelsgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2011, 17:40   #35

Boat: 1978 44 foot Camper & Nicholsons Ketch
FeelsGood (a.k.a. Sally and Pete), I am so grateful that you posted to my 'family is giving me fits thread' and this one quickly in succession. I read your post to my thread then was brought here to read your post on this one...which then pulled up my first ever CF post after much lurking...What a great reminder for me in regards to the start of our progress toward Cruising...

Thank you so much! Brilliant!
High Heels is offline   Reply With Quote