Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-04-2008, 04:22   #16
Moderator Emeritus

Boat: Gozzard 36
Send a message via Skype™ to Pblais
I could find the site from your link but not the covers. I also compared to a some other places and did not find anything that I thought was a great deal. There are more Internet based sites that have a lot more items for less money. One I have used in NJ is Dave's Marine Electronics at various time I found they had better electronics prices when I was shopping for radios. Now that is spring you may have missed some of the year end deals but there really are a lot of places and checking a few others is never a bad idea.

As far as your cushions go I still have no idea about the quality or price being proposed. You would do yourself well to actually see some products. It's easy to buy this kid of product once you know all the materials and if you will like them. My own opinion is get the very best you can afford. Being comfortable matters. For a boat like you are buying you would expect to live on it for many days at a time.

A general purpose location is Discount Marine and Boat Supplies - Inflatable Sales - Defender they also ship any place quickly and have some decent customer service. All the on line store don't really help you find what you think you want and explain it all like a walk in store would do. So you may also want to check the products out on the company web sites. You can also download the manuals and read and look at the pictures. For the amount of money all this stuff costs it pays to learn a lot more up front about them before you buy.

Electronics installation is a whole other area and you find members here that installed about anything and sometimes they can tell you how it can be done wrong and some of the tricks for doing it the right way. Installation of anything on a boat is harder than it seems and costs more money for things you need or takes a pro longer than you thought it would.
Pblais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2008, 22:26   #17

Boat: Mason 33 and a Nordic Folkboat (wooden)
Zeno of Elea [Internet Encyclopedia of Philosophy]

Wow. After reading that, I think she is smart enough to convince the cushions to re-cover themselves.
Old 01-06-2008, 09:07   #18

Boat: Catalina 34 (1988) - Zeno of Elea
windsaloft:

You found the right namesake!

Quote:
Originally Posted by windsaloft View Post
After reading that, I think she is smart enough to convince the cushions to re-cover themselves.
I hadn't thought of that approach before! I think I'm going to try to convince the cushions to refute the color of burgundy in favor of blue.
SweetSailor is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
catalina