Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 13-09-2011, 10:33   #31

Boat: Albin 40 double cabin Trawler
Re: More Men-and-Women Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeehag View Post
men arent "broken" they are entertaining. that peacock imitation they do is wonderful fun to watch. they do things from the point of view of a head without grey matter and wonder why......
and they seem to choose females who arent as smart or strong as they are because they dont like the competition....but that is another chapter in the watching males be males book.....LOL.
Just look at the sunpad of any cigarette, formula, go-fast, etc...etc boat and see just who has or doesn't have grey matter....
psneeld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2011, 10:38   #32
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Gulfstar 50

Just do a casual search and you will find that women do not marry down as a rule. Has nothing to do with men not wanting to marry up to a strong, smart, successful women. Women set the rules on this by their actions. Men have learned....

Oh, and don't forget that Peahens do respond to Peacocks. It works!
evm1024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2011, 10:52   #33

Boat: Gulfstar 50

All I can say is don't give it a second thought, I find any woman working on her boat sexy as hell!!
SV.Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2011, 10:53   #34

Boat: Catamaran - Eventually

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjou View Post
Is that what that what they realy think of me. More importantly, what do YOU think?

So, is a capable woman realy a gender deviant?
Those men are insecure neanderthals. Women are as capable as men in most things and more capable in quite a few others. Obviously brute strenght we have a natural advantage, but that's not true in all cases. Ignore the idiots that treat you differently because of your abilities. Any real man would love to be with a woman that can do the things you can do. It's the insecure manboy's that can't handle it.

I'd love to have my wife help with some of those "manly" things I do, working on cars, shovelling the drive, home improvement. But I appreciate the things she does better than me (finance, shopping, driving) and I'm not intimidated by it at all. I married a woman who's both more attactive than me and smarter than me, just not sure yet how I fooled her into it. Guess I'm sneakier than her!
Old 13-09-2011, 10:58   #35
cat herder, extreme blacksheep

Boat: 1976 FORMOSA yankee clipper 41

detav--ye must be awfully cute and smart and better than she is at fixing her car.....
guys are fun to watch, and yes, some peacock activities DO attract the peahens....
and the ladies do find the little boy inside the man a very very important treasure.....

zeehag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2011, 11:28   #36

Boat: Pacific Seacraft a Crealock 34

Anjou, you are the bomb . There are Neanderthals everywhere( male and female). I've worked in boat yards, I know it's tough being around them on a day to day basis, kinda wears ya down sometimes. I just kept smiling. The look on this one mans face after realizing the "guy" in the snowman suit and respirator, grinding on a keel in the Texas heat for 4 hours was in fact a 115 lb girl ..well Neanderthals can be quite comical at times.

Just stay the course, you are building a beautiful vessel and home.There is life outside the boatyard waiting for you, can't wait for you to get out there and enjoy.

Erika
Old 13-09-2011, 11:44   #37

Zee, thanks a lot . My better half has helped to work on cars with me(under close supervision) those tiny hands of hers fit in little spots my mitts won't go. I truly got lucky with her. I've always found competent women attractive and exciting. I think I'd get a smack in the back of the head by the admiral if we hung out for a day with Anjou! Just keep doing what you're doing Anjou, the idiots will fade away and the keepers will rise to the top.
Old 13-09-2011, 11:50   #38

Boat: 1978 Pearson 26 One Design

When I can't find my stuff I ask my wife where it is. It doesn't matter what I'm looking for..a pair of socks, cordless drill, car keys, whatever.. she ALWAYS knows where the item is. I am convinced it's not because she is smarter (but she probably is) than I am. It's because she moves my stuff around when I'm not looking.
rhr1956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2011, 12:10   #39
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Bristol 35 Bellesa

Anjou,

Maybe they are just including you in the male bonding rituals. Take that as a compliment.

If not, they aren't worth the worry.
FrankZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2011, 12:29   #40

We men are delicate little creatures, with frail egos and small penises who are terribly afraid someone (usually female) will find out.
The more bravado, the louder the volume, and the amount they (we) put others down (to make ourselves feel/look more important), the failer the ego and the smaller the pants.
Do you think for ONE moment we could handle pregnancy & childbirth? Hell no.
Don't let the jerks get you down.
spostamento nobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2011, 12:33   #41

Boat: Makela,Ingrid38,Idora

I am thinking that next year I may need to scarf in a patch on my stern post. If you happen to be in the PNW I could use a hand.

Todd
IdoraKeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2011, 13:25   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankZ View Post
Anjou,

Maybe they are just including you in the male bonding rituals. Take that as a compliment.

If not, they aren't worth the worry.
This line of thought has merit, I hadn't thought about it really until just then but men, for the most part, when left to their own devices are crude, insensitive and usually out of line. Perhaps as you're doing a lot of "man" work they're treating you as such. Men are pigs, but we do have some redeeming qualities.
Old 13-09-2011, 13:42   #43
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

pirate Re: More Men-and-Women Issues

Aint seen so much 'Ass Kissin' in years...
Anjou... think you just got voted 'CF Pin Up 2011'....

You can't beat a people up (for 75yrs+) and have them say..
"I Love You.. ". Murray Roman.
Yet the 'useful idiots' of the West still dance to the beat of the apartheid drums.
boatman61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2011, 14:12   #44
Marine Service Provider

Boat: command yachtsdouglas32

I love girls...all of them...every last Single one of them...boys suck..except me ...did I tell you that I love girls..every last Single one of them...
tropicalescape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2011, 14:39   #45

Boat: VandeStadt IOR 40' - Insatiable

My partner (now wife ) is more experienced in boatbuilding / refit etc than I am. I'm entirely comfortable to say that. I'm stronger than her. I'm a qualified design engineer. She has better manual dexterity than me. When we do a job, we chat about it for a while, then I design it, she tells me how she thinks we should build it. I do the heavy power tool stuff, she does the more fiddly / tricky stuff. We build it together and are comfortable working together using each of our relative strengths.
FWIW... I do a lot more cooking than her, but she does more cleaning than me... its a partnership, but that doesn't mean we are the same, it just means that we are comfortable in our differences.
Weyalan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
men