Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-12-2021, 06:05   #31

Re: Kids and dogs and cats, oh my!

Hi everyone! I have a question. I have a 6 y.o. child everytime we have an cruise trip he has seasickness.Any advises? Maybe you know some good antiemetics or another pills
Jujee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2021, 13:19   #32

Boat: Sayer 46' Solent rig sloop

Welcome aboard CF, JuJee,

Your best bet will be to discuss it with his pediatrician.

Next best, try spending the night on the boat, perhaps he will accommodate overnight.

Finally, slow the boat down, so that the motion is more gradual, help him be comfortable.

You can use the CF Custom Google Search (under the Search button) to find a number of links about preventing seasickness. Most of them are aimed at adults. However, the wrist bands, and preserved ginger should be safe for all kids, barring a ginger allergy. Ginger tea, made from fresh ginger root (about an inch of thinly sliced ginger root to 1 qt. water, steeped 5 min., may help quite a lot). It can be re-heated.

To some extent, learning to cope with motion is a skill. Looking at the horizon, keeping your ears parallel to it, often works wonders. If he gets sleepy, let him sleep.

Ann
Old 05-12-2021, 04:42   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPA Cate View Post
Welcome aboard CF, JuJee,

Your best bet will be to discuss it with his pediatrician.

Next best, try spending the night on the boat, perhaps he will accommodate overnight.

Finally, slow the boat down, so that the motion is more gradual, help him be comfortable.

You can use the CF Custom Google Search (under the Search button) to find a number of links about preventing seasickness. Most of them are aimed at adults. However, the wrist bands, and preserved ginger should be safe for all kids, barring a ginger allergy. Ginger tea, made from fresh ginger root (about an inch of thinly sliced ginger root to 1 qt. water, steeped 5 min., may help quite a lot). It can be re-heated.

To some extent, learning to cope with motion is a skill. Looking at the horizon, keeping your ears parallel to it, often works wonders. If he gets sleepy, let him sleep.

Ann

Thanks for advice! It is very heplfull because i surfed all the online pharmacys and havent find anything worth and tbh I'm littlebit scared to give my son medicines
Jujee is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dogs, kids