Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 18-09-2013, 16:35   #1

Boat: Express 37
Homeschool With The CNED?

Hello,

We are a family of 5 (2 adults, an 11 yr old girl and 7 yr old boy/girl twins) planning to cruise in the Caribbean / Central America for a year beginning in July / August 2014.

Our kids currently attend a French immersion school but my husband and I are not French speakers...my daughter started in preschool and just loved school so we are still there. All 3 of our children are completely fluent in French. The French govt has their curriculum available on line via the CNED.

I have been studying French on my own for about 6 months, my goal is to be able to read and comprehend the texts. Some people here think I am crazy to try and homeschool my children with the CNED but it is the only curriculum the know and they love school. Their school has been great offering to let me borrow texts for the year, etc.

Are there any people out there schooling with the CNED? Any english speakers homeschooling with the CNED?

Thank you,
Meryl
merylkatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2013, 16:49   #2

Boat: Twin Otter de Havilland Floatplane
Re: Homeschool With The CNED?

Hiya Meryl! I attended a french Jesuits school from kindergarten through junior year HS. It didn't affect my college education, in the US, as I earned a degree in Engineering. Go with the program and if you have a problem with French, there are a lot of French Canadians who will be happy to help you out. I can help too, even though I do not have much of free time. Keep us posted! Good luck!

Mauritz
Je me debrouille un peu!

Tags
school