Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 19-04-2017, 20:56   #1

Going Liquid

I usually dont start threads but have been reading this forum for years so here goes.

As aging goes along I had to give up my pleasures of fishing and sailing for family issues.My father got sick and I had to move him to Florida.Then after he passed my Mother got the Big C and I chose to put my money making life on hold to care for her. Doctors said 9 months which I figured I could swing but is stretched out for over 4 years which I was glad of the time but put my life on hold.After she passed I took up temp housing in New England Where I was from and bought some rental property for the income to live.This Luckily has gone up some.In the mean time the brother in law who is renting one of my units is a Major PITA pos which i put up with for her sake.He get pancreatic cancer and we have been stuck here all winter baby sitting. I told the SO I had enough. I called the real estate agent and put the property up for sale...I doubt it will take long to sell.She was never a huge boating fan...fear of drowning I think...but I told her I was buying a 40 plus heavy disp cruising boat and living on it.We have a small house in Florida that costs very little to keep so no one will be homeless. I dont have to worry about divorce because we arent married even tho we have been together for 33 years. Suprize on me when she says...Cool! show me pictures of OUR new boat ...So yatchworld has been burning up the last couple weeks around here.

Her big question today was How do we go grocery shopping from a boat...I told her UBER

I had to put in my 2 cents which no one really cares about because of the thread about the poor sap who quit his job to take his kids on a cruise for a years before they turn 13 and hate him and got gutted by his wife. Sometimes you need to tell the world to piss off and do for yourself.We have are eye on some really nice boats near Newport..I ll post pictures when the property sells and we buy a boat
parrotsailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2017, 21:22   #2

Re: Going Liquid

....TMI
siamese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2017, 21:54   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by siamese View Post
....TMI
Like I said in the post no one cares about my life anymore than I care about yours.Cheers
parrotsailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2017, 22:01   #4

Boat: Pearson 365 Sloop and 9' Fatty Knees.

Well, it is kinda soap boxish, let alone self-centered.
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow - what a ride!"
Celestialsailor is offline   Reply With Quote