Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-02-2004, 21:43   #1

pirate Getting Kids Together

I have been looking for connections to find other cruisers who may be with sailing with kids. Both noonsite and kidsaboard don't seem to be very active and it is also hard to pick out new posts as they don't get dated on either site. So, why not here!! Anyone else reading this forum and would like to add info about their plans with kids lets hear from you. Especially, kids age, dates and itineraries, previous cruising experience, favorite things to do with kids while cruising etc.

We have two boys, 8 and 10. We will begin our one year cruise this summer in New England, then down through the Atlantic seaboard in the fall and then jump over to the eastern Caribbean after November, continuing down the islands and then west through the Panama canal. After that it will be back up to Northern California where we live. If you like surfing, windsurfing, snorkeling, fishing and eating great seafood and have or can tolerate kids then lets talk. Our e-mail is: blueeyes4@comcast.net

Look forward to hearing from you all. Chris
another sailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2004, 18:26   #2

We won't be cruising for another year, but should you be coming down the ICW and stop at Fernandina Beach, look us up. We have a son 7 and a daughter 9.

We are right at the Florida border and have a decent anchorage near the historic downtown area. I am sure our kids would like to meet some "real" crruising kids as we get ready to go.

Woody
exposure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2004, 19:15   #3

Hi Woody, don't think we intend to get as far south as FL before heading east, probably leave from VA or NC to avoid the trades but thanks for the info and offer. Noticed on your other post that your boat is in MD. Maybe we will cross wakes. I also just bought our boat, a Stevens 47, and it is on the hard in Annapolis. I hope to get out there from here in CA in late April to prep it and bring her up to New England if I can find a mooring. I won't have the kids with me then, though, as they are in school until June. That is when we all will begin the family live aboard situation. Keep in touch. Chris
Old 08-02-2004, 06:55   #4

Our Prout 37 is on hte hard at Herringtong Harbor North, in Deale, MD at the moment. I have to spend most of March working hard during our annual "maintenance shutdown" where I work. After that I'll take a well deserved break to do some maintenance work I enjoy...on the boat.

I have debated wether to put the boat in the water in April, and have it ready to go when I return in May. Or, to wait until May and just drop it in and head south.

Where in Maryland is your boat now?

Woody
exposure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2004, 16:17   #5

We will be travling to New England and then to the islands, we leave next week. We have a 16 year old daughter. love to hear from you.
Jane
rakuqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2004, 21:27   #6

It sounds like you plan on being in New England by ... early summer? We will almost definitely be in Marthas Vineyard by June 24th and then it is open ended, perhaps Nantucket, Block Island, Maine etc. Let us know if you'll have e-mail as you sail and we will likewise. Currently we can be reached at blueeyes4@comcast.net but that may change when we leave CA and probably just get a yahoo account. We are here until June 9th, but I plan to be in Annapolis at the end of April to get the boat launched and moved up to New England. Have you looked into places to berth in the northeast? It seems like cruising budget moorings and slips are nowhere to be found and anchorages are reported to be in short supply. Keep in touch, although our kids are younger than your daughter, my wife has many nieces and nephews in RI who are older and may be visiting with us from time to time during the summer. Chris
Old 18-03-2004, 18:24   #7

We will keep in touch. We have great hopes of getting to Cape Cod this summer. If we don't make it there we will see each other on the way to the Carribean. e-mail parcaema@hotmail.com

Jane
rakuqueen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kids