Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 29-02-2008, 20:03   #1

Boat: Regal Commodore 2665 - Soggy Dollar
pirate Decorations

Hello ladies. . . I have a 27 foot Regal. I'm trying to find ways to decorate the boat. Does anyone have any suggestions???? Where can I find new bedding? Thanks !
TheGambles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 20:15   #2
Eternal Member

Boat: Ericson 27 & 18' Herrmann Catboat
I'm sorry I couldn't resist

Don't do it!!!!!! If you do make it easy to clean and easy to dry.

And just remember...every knickknack becomes as missile @ sea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGambles View Post
Hello ladies. . . I have a 27 foot Regal. I'm trying to find ways to decorate the boat. Does anyone have any suggestions???? Where can I find new bedding? Thanks !
Chief Engineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 03:27   #3

Boat: st francis 44 mk II catamaran
The key to decorating is fabric. The best was to "dress" things up is new pillows, re-upholstering, new bedding (but nothing fancy, yes easy to wash!) etc. If you're handy with a sewing machine there's a lot you can do!
schoonerdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 03:51   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Boat: Gozzard 36
Send a message via Skype™ to Pblais
We have found regular sized bedding can work much of the time. Some minor alterations are often just enough. Just because the shape in not perfect won't mean it won't tuck in and fit. If you are not staying on the boat mold and mildew are the keys to really trashing the interior and you often have some of it with any used boat. Curtains need to be removable as they need to be washed more than you do at home. Curtains and pillows work for adding color and can easily be changed. Other than bedding - NO NATURAL FIBERS!

For upholstery fabric avoid any material that has any percentage of natural fibers like cotton. Olefin is a good fiber.

If you want attractive dishes find a factory outlet and look for select seconds (Lenox has some nice stuff). They also have great sales in January that discount even more! You can find first class china that sells for about the same as melamine (plastic) boat dishes. If you store them so they can't fly around in the cupboard they don't break as easy as you think. Store a few extra at home just in case.

You need to think about shopping in places that are not boat stores. You can still use a lot of the same things you use at home provided they are stored properly with due consideration to moisture. Things need to be secured down so they don't fly.

Lightweight picture frames secure easily with Velcro.
Pblais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 16:15   #5

Boat: Sunray 25' KnottybuoyzII
Quote:

As far as bedding, our aftcabin uses a standard double sheet so I can buy them at any discount store. However, Rick and I do not sleep in the aft cabin as it is very closed in. Instead we use the V-Birth. For that I made our bedding using Quilting fabric (extra wide) and a little bit of elastic on the corners. Our interior is not that large, so the only decorating accents are cushions which get removed at the end of each trip (if we have taken them over in the first place)

Lori
Knottygirlz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 16:38   #6
Senior Cruiser

Boat: 1980 Endeavour 43 (Ketch)
LORI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! how GREAT to see you up and about!!! Welcome back!!! Oh .. and THIS TIME .. please keep Rick well adjusted ::wink wink::
S/V Elusive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 16:44   #7

Boat: Endeavour E40
WEST MARINE has a great system for little curtains over the ports....... they have a tape that you sew fabric on and the tape is then mounted with wood screws and a "sliding" clip........... I'm gonna definitely do this as well as recover all cushions and pillows......

with new fabrics and a little color it really makes the cabin more inviting!.....
and while you're at it, a few pics don't hurt, as well as a few wall mounted instruments from WEEMS & PLATH.....
AUTHOR: My dear ole MOM
High Cotton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 17:38   #8

Quote:

Rick found a site in one of our boating mags for bedding. Have alook at Quality Custom Linens: Boat & Yacht Linens Designed to Fit Your Ship! Locatedin Covington, Kentucky.

Lori
Old 07-03-2008, 17:44   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/V Elusive View Post
LORI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! how GREAT to see you up and about!!! Welcome back!!! Oh .. and THIS TIME .. please keep Rick well adjusted ::wink wink::
Hi Thomas! I've been around quite a bit lately (On a medically dictated time out) and have been busy catching up. Travel is probably out for 3-6 months and I can't work my usual 60 hour weeks for a while so I expect to be spending a lot more time here.

I think Rick threw the wrench away that I was tightening his loose screws with so I don't know how I will manage to adjust him, but I will try!

Lori
Old 29-06-2008, 20:17   #10

Monograms

One easy and inexpensive way to decorate with a personalized flare is to use the monogram option that JCPenney’s offers on so many of their products. You can order towels, linens, etc on line with your specific monogram. JCPenney

Cheers,
kreinestja is offline   Reply With Quote