Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 18-10-2010, 17:44   #31

Boat: Prior boats: Transpac 49; DeFever 54
West Marine sell a clip line for caps that fasten to the collar of the back of your shirt... saves a lot of sunburned heads ( particularly if your short of hair). Costco sell leather work gloves, one crew member brought 2 packs of 3 and cut the finger tips out of them, about $12 for 3. North of Latitude 37N, dress like you would for a ski trip. Don't skimp on paying for wet weather gear... get decent stuff... don't forget seasick remedies tried and tested on yourself. What works for one may not work for someone else... Good list, Ex Calif... Capt Phil
Capt Phil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2010, 02:32   #32
Armchair Bucketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeehag View Post

doj--you really gonna put one of those in yer boat?????
Yup But only for special occassions / guests...........but gotta be dressed appropriately. or wildly innapropriately

They do dissassemble - and could even hang from the boom

As you can see - Sarnies on the bottom, next level up is Scones (type stuff)........then to finish with Cakes .

Must crack on and finish that galley...........
David_Old_Jersey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2010, 02:42   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeehag View Post
me wearing anything more than a wife beater tank top in hot weather
<snip>
is a dress on me.
Zee, do you really have to keep rubbing this in?! Some of us long-torsoed folk have a hard enough time finding tops that stay tucked, but you keep reminding us how adorable and comfortable you are in your breezy little dresses of cotton jersey that come three to a pack.

Hmm, can't find the emoticon for sprite-little-petiteness-envy ...
aegean adrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2010, 09:30   #34
cat herder, extreme blacksheep

Boat: 1976 FORMOSA yankee clipper 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by aegean adrift View Post
Zee, do you really have to keep rubbing this in?! Some of us long-torsoed folk have a hard enough time finding tops that stay tucked, but you keep reminding us how adorable and comfortable you are in your breezy little dresses of cotton jersey that come three to a pack.

Hmm, can't find the emoticon for sprite-little-petiteness-envy ...
buy a size larger... at the big and tall-- some tall guys are long in torso also---i am tallish, so the tall mens stuff is appropriate....and the last batch was 5 to a pack..... i am a cheepo, after all...... at least they dry fast--i WISH i were petite-is why gods made tall men..LOL
i am petite at not quite 5'8--if i had been 5'8, ida been a rockette...LOL...for real...but i was too short at 5'7 1/2......LOL

btw--NOTHING stays tucked...long pants trip me, legs are too long or too short-LOL....nothing is right except the wife beater shirts-- try it, sugah-- ye may find a winner, as i did!!!! but do try the tallmens-- they are longer and bit bulkier.......besides, the damn shirts look better on us than on them.LOL

zeehag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2010, 16:50   #35

Boat: CSY 44 Walk Through
Quote:
Don't forget you cannot fly with a lifejacket (gas canister) so if you are taking a plane,
No longer true in the US. You can now fly with two CO2 cartridges. I forgot where the reg is but if you are going to fly with them, take a copy of the reg along to avoid hassles. Not all inspectors know this yet.
WD
IceMan is offline   Reply With Quote