Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 23-03-2008, 19:27   #1

Boat: Whitby 42ft
Send a message via Yahoo to KayKay58
Thumbs up Another Step Closer!

We are one step closer to the big "Leap". I got word from our realtor that an offer was made on our house, and I gave her a "counter-offer" and the client went for it within 15 minutes, I couldn't believe it. She has 7 days to finalize the sale, and we have 30 days after that to move out!! It's a little scary, and exciting and time seems to be slowing down, and speeding up all at once. I think everything is still a go for moving Island Lady here within the 30 days, and I am beginning to go the the process of pareing down our belongings. I posted a while ago about being the "odd person on the block", and got some really great advice from everyone. And to ease the fears of our kids, I have decided to bribe them with letting them chose which items they want that I'm not taking with us. LOL. If that won't shut them up, then screw it!! (See, I'm already thinking like a Sailor, huh.) Anyhoo, I will be posting much more as the day grows closer, and I am certain there is so much I will need to get lined up, and looking for more good advice. (Such as the postcard one! I'm going to do that too!). It is my life, and I am going to live it!!! Thanks everyone, and keep up the great stuff!! We need it.
KayKay58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2008, 19:35   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Boat: Gozzard 36
Send a message via Skype™ to Pblais
Quote:
I think everything is still a go for moving Island Lady here within the 30 days, and I am beginning to go the the process of pareing down our belongings.
Oh well sometimes things start with a bang. Don't forget to turn off the water when you leave.

Quote:
I am certain there is so much I will need to get lined up
Clean out the garage, sell the lawn mower, mend the fence, and close that deal! One important step follows another. Don't get out of sync. Leave as many bad habits behind as you can. You can make new ones later.

We never close. You've only made five posts and look where it's gotten you so far.
Pblais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2008, 19:50   #3

Boat: Whitby 42ft
Send a message via Yahoo to KayKay58
Thanks Pblais, My hubby is especially looking forward the selling the mower, (go figure!) and I can't wait to get Island Lady here and get to work on her! As for bad habits, well, I'll try my best! I hope I can be up to the challenge, and keep a sense of humor about it all. I do love adventure!
KayKay58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2008, 02:58   #4

Boat: Far East Mariner 40
Good Luck to you...
We are meeting with our Realtor today at 130 to put our house on the market, this is a huge step for us for us as well. Still tons to do, but this is a big one...I only hope the market here in NE hasn't totally fallen. We shall see...
Islandmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2008, 04:52   #5
Armchair Bucketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KayKay58 View Post
And to ease the fears of our kids, I have decided to bribe them with letting them chose which items they want that I'm not taking with us. LOL.
Sounds like a good plan

If you want your kids to be really happy you are heading off into the sunset on the big adventure - threaten to move in with them for 6 months. or actually do so
David_Old_Jersey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2008, 06:04   #6
Moderator Emeritus

Boat: Gozzard 36
Send a message via Skype™ to Pblais
Quote:
My hubby is especially looking forward the selling the mower
I threw in the snow blower as a bonus to the same guy. Few joys have ever been greater than ahppy man wwalking away with a snow blower and a lawn mower I no longer require.

I did buy a new lawn mower though. The old one was electric and the yard here is bigger. I saved a snow shovel (grain shovel really) but I only use for mulch.
Pblais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2008, 23:13   #7

Boat: 56' Challenger
Congrats! I know how exciting it is when you finally get to do it! I'm excited for you!
imasailorgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2008, 23:33   #8

Location: Winter land based UK New Forest. Summer months away. Making the transition from sail to power this year - scary stuff.
Boat: Super Van Craft 1320 Power Yacht
Send a message via Skype™ to swagman
Yes well done Kay and hubbie,
May you enjoy living your dream.
JOHN