Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 28-12-2020, 18:05   #46

Boat: S&S 40
Re: Admiral Ann Cate

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatteras53 View Post
After reading on Cruisers Forum here about Admiral Ann Cates spending more time ashore than on the high seas in the future, I am absolutely COMPELLED out of a deep sense of gratitude to acknowledge and celebrate her ENDLESS advice and KINDNESS to many of us; including yours truly. She seems to have been everywhere all the time being helpful to so many of us over these many years. For sure, her beloved husband Jim is eternally grateful for such a SPLENDID First Mate and Admiral aboard, always at the ready and a Best Friend too ! Mere words can never say thanks enough for such a wonderful woman and help to 100's of us over these many years. Oh, how this world could use so many more Ann's. And no, she has no idea that I am writing this at the current moment here in Baltimore, Maryland, USA. I hope that she will not be upset over my humble TRIBUTE to her OUTSTANDING example. As a former Midshipman at the U.S.N.A. in Annapolis, Maryland, I call her a SHIPMATE to all of us, the ULTIMATE sign of profound respect and trust in another human being. I hope that she will continue to advise many of us lessor sailors with her precious words of wisdom and KINDNESS. Admiral On Deck ! Hear hear, I SALUTE you Admiral Ann Cates. Shipmate Michael V. Gutowski
Gee Whizz, aren't you a nice guy.
Icarus is offline   Reply With Quote