Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-11-2012, 20:51   #436

Quote:
Originally Posted by David_Old_Jersey

...and that she needs to know how to use a pair of oars . (I think it's called "empowering" her - at least at midnight and raining it would be called that ).

Me on the other hand will probably need to exchange the Tin Foil hat for a real Tin Hat........

DOJ- You tell your Mrs. that you are probably going to protect other things than your head with the tin foil hat! Try a bit lower.
Sailor g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 21:25   #437

Boat: grampian 26
Re: A Woman's Needs

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeehag View Post
i already have that--just need it installed...
what if the lady has everything she considers necessary other than a companion and good friend sort on board.......

and mebbe another 9' avon roll up and small ob engine..LOL
If she has everything she considers necessary you would probably need a much bigger boat.
perchance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 22:54   #438

Boat: P30

hahaha.... reading all these posts got me thinking i probably make my boat comfortable in proportion to how much i want to spend time with whoever is aboard.
I'm sure there is a mathematical formula for it... listed right next to the stability ratios.

It all reminds me of a week cruise with the woman i was with for some years.
We unloaded the car(s) and got everything on the dock when we realized what an enormous effort had been made to gather all this sh....stuff. We looked at each other and shook our heads in dismay.

The launch pulled up and the young driver looked at us and said "So your heading out"
and my instant reply was " Yep to Bermuda".
We all laughed

She's a great sailor and much of the stuff was also from her to me. (well it sounds good anyway!).

Oh such precious boats!
There's no harm done sailing with the waterline a wee bit low until the brie and pate are gone. Just more time to spend with the person you want to be with.
It ain't about the stuff folks.

Now on the other hand: there is someone i would especially like to take sailing with no provisions at all - high and dry.
Where is that jerk boyfriend my daughter is dating?

ahhh... sailing... such sweet revenge.
Old 02-11-2012, 06:39   #439
cat herder, extreme blacksheep

Boat: 1976 FORMOSA yankee clipper 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by perchance View Post
If she has everything she considers necessary you would probably need a much bigger boat.
my boat i s just fine. i dont need much nor do i use much when it comes to material goods. and as i already stated--i only want or need a 9 ft avon roll up and a small engine.
is lovely being happy ...... this is a wonderful life.
zeehag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 07:05   #440
CLOD

Boat: none

Quote:
Originally Posted by gah964ya View Post
Hi all I am just setting up my cruiser and never planed on having a women to sail on long trips with, so i was just wondering what mandatory items should i be thinking about installing. I have a head that part is covered, but what about hot water,shower and toilet paper disposal.How much water per day will we use, what about heat will i even use it under sail? I am a guy i can go with out showers heat food large amounts of toilet paper, but I know women can't so any input would be great thanks

Greg New member
30ft Cheoy Lee
I just wanted to go back to see how this all started! It seems to me that a lot of the posts don't really support the posters stated position once you have read a few follow-up posts from them.

I don't really think a women's needs and a men's needs are very far apart. We should stop talking about some of the minor wants as some type of gender warfare.

I also note that the OP's last CF visit was 8 days after this Feb 22, 2011 post. So I guess he got his answer.
Old 02-11-2012, 07:16   #441

Boat: Home Built 42'

If she is worth taking on a cruise, she will adjust. She will learn that the makeup only runs down her face and makes a mess, bathroom facilities are important but she'll learn. Take her for a three or four day outing and see how it goes. If she can't adjust, leave her home.
river rose is offline   Reply With Quote