Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Life Aboard a Boat > Cooking and Provisioning: Food & Drink
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 29-03-2020, 09:22   #16

Boat: Pearson 34
Re: West Palm Beach Dinghy Dock? Where can I land?

When we were in Lake Worth back in 2008, we dinghied to the small bridge on A1A and walked to Publix.
RSB333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2020, 11:20   #17

Boat: Shannon 38

I guess I better try to get more potable water in the Bahamas. I was planning on coming in Lake Worth on return. If anyone knows of a public water spigot that would be basically touch and go in the dinghy, please advise.
Virginia Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2020, 11:34   #18

Boat: Island Packet 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by a64pilot View Post
Yeah, but it’s not $20 a day either, closer to that for a month, but it’s been a couple of years. For that, you get a shower, a place to dispose of trash and a place or have parts shipped to.

Pre Covid of course, I have no idea now

Unfortunately, it is $20/day. It’s posted on their website and I’ve been there in the last couple weeks. There are weekly and monthly/annual rates as well but $20 is your cheapest option.
JKMilligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2020, 13:56   #19

Boat: Hatteras Yachtfish 58'

North end of Lake Worth behind Old Port Comfort has always been the go to place because Publix is so close. Otherwise I would call West Palm Beach police Marine unit. If they can't give good advice tell them that you will call the Rescue Squad when you are out of food or water. Then it is their problem.
tomrealest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2020, 10:10   #20

Boat: KH 49x, Custom

I see this thread has been abandoned, but time has moved on, and cities are learning to work around COVID. Is there any news, regards the Original Post?

I'm on my way to Palm Beach, and can't fit under any of the bridges. Does anyone know of a place to bring in the dinghy?

Riviera beach offers dinghy dockage: $15 for 3 hours. Which seems like a fee to discourage folks from coming. Though I do see Bicentennial park, next door. Has anyone left a dinghy on the beach there?

Cheers.
Paul.
Old 23-12-2020, 12:57   #21

Boat: 1998 Rosborough 246 LSV

Come in Lake Worth inlet an follow the ICW SOUTH under the first lift bridge (Flagler).

On the right there are 3 expensive docks and 2 free docks (West Palm Beach docks). The free docks permit tie up for big boats during the day for reprovisioning.

There is water available - hard to find under the northern dock - but no pumpout. The expensive dock has fuel and pumpout as well as water.

The free docks are served by a free trolly that goes to Publix for provisioning - and connects with TriRail if you want ot travel from there.

The anchorage near the free docks is unrestricted with depths up to 8' mlw. It is well sheltered and most is no-wake.
captstu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2020, 16:44   #22

Boat: KH 49x, Custom

Quote:
Originally Posted by captstu View Post
Come in Lake Worth inlet an follow the ICW SOUTH under the first lift bridge (Flagler).

On the right there are 3 expensive docks and 2 free docks (West Palm Beach docks). The free docks permit tie up for big boats during the day for reprovisioning.

There is water available - hard to find under the northern dock - but no pumpout. The expensive dock has fuel and pumpout as well as water.

The free docks are served by a free trolly that goes to Publix for provisioning - and connects with TriRail if you want ot travel from there.

The anchorage near the free docks is unrestricted with depths up to 8' mlw. It is well sheltered and most is no-wake.
Thank you very much.

Cheers.
Paul.

Tags
dinghy, dock