Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 18-08-2020, 11:51   #16

Re: Thoughts on new lpg system

I am exploring conversion from CNG to propane aboard my 1987 Sabre 34 Mk II. Is it safe to use the stern locker that now houses my CNG cylinder to house a propane tank? Can I use the existing solenoid valve for the propane system? Thanks.
JimBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2020, 12:37   #17
running down a dream

Boat: cape dory 30 MKII
Send a message via Yahoo to gonesail
Re: Thoughts on new lpg system

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmacdonald View Post
CNG is fairly easy to come by if you have a fill adapter. Use the unattended self serve CNG refueling stations. It costs about $1.50 to fill a 2200 psi tank the size of a large scuba tank. (100 cubic foot scuba tank) If you can find a CNG valve to fit a scuba tank you can fill them to 3000 psi. Greater energy density. The huge advantage of LPG is it's energy density, it's a liquid, not a gas like CNG.

pretty sure that is illegal .. those stations are not designed for scuba tanks. but then again i know people do it