Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 22-05-2015, 02:03   #16

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Bestevaer 49
Re: Thermomix or hotmixpro for food prep

Quote:
Originally Posted by weavis View Post
My favourite Australian duo demo-ing the thermomix....... I laughed for ages..
Gotta love Aussie humour! I miss it. Some of these Europeans out here just take themselves wayyyyyyy too seriously .

Now you know you have just shot yourself in the foot posting that link, don't you?
"It's an appliance your rich mother in law gives you as a wedding gift because she thinks you can't cook" .

TCL x

Unveiling Bullseye strops for low friction rings
Seaworthy Lass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2015, 02:30   #17

Boat: Lidgard 50ft performance cat/ Canados50s
Send a message via Skype™ to beneteau-500

Oh I have to laugh at this thread/ topic my sister in law sells these in Oz and boy are they dam expensive $2000 odd Aussie dollars and she has entered the programme and the thermo does the business .

But here is the but she has had to return in past 8 months 23 out of 67 she has sold and I think she said at least 5/6others May have intermittent faults her own personal one has broken down twice in past 12 months
beneteau-500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2015, 02:35   #18
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to weavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by beneteau-500 View Post
Oh I have to laugh at this thread/ topic my sister in law sells these in Oz and boy are they dam expensive $2000 odd Aussie dollars and she has entered the programme and the thermo does the business .

But here is the but she has had to return in past 8 months 23 out of 67 she has sold and I think she said at least 5/6others May have intermittent faults her own personal one has broken down twice in past 12 months
My original Thermomix is from 1995. A family member is still using it. The restaurant Thermomixes have been there for at least 7 years and still going strong-used daily.

They are VASTLY overpriced but a good machine. Seems like quality control might be the problem at the moment. Wonder if they have outsourced?
weavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2015, 02:37   #19
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seaworthy Lass View Post
Gotta love Aussie humour! I miss it. Some of these Europeans out here just take themselves wayyyyyyy too seriously .

Now you know you have just shot yourself in the foot posting that link, don't you?
"It's an appliance your rich mother in law gives you as a wedding gift because she thinks you can't cook" .

TCL x
I think for me, I only EVER buy an appliance if Im going to use it. One of my favourite soups of all time is Gazpacho. There is a guy in Palma who makes just the best and his restaurant (sold) would attract people from all over just for the icy soup. He told me that he made the Gazpacho for 16 years in the home made way. Then he bough a Thermomix. The only thing that altered in the taste was......... nothing. It just took 50% less time to make it and the recipe still had to go through each process.

Thermomix has aided me to prepare better food. It has not replaced my techniques or hands on approach. It works in the part of the process when I need an appliance.

(In Spain, you would be surprised how nearly every restaurant uses them in some part of the cooking process... it doesnt replace being able to cook or recipes-it enhances them

People assume that it is a miracle cooker. Its not. It is a cooker. It doesnt prepare food for you, it cuts/blends/heats and cooks as food needs to be done in sequence, just in one pot. I like the weigh function and the ability to control heating whilst mixing...

Old 22-05-2015, 03:30   #20

Boat: Lidgard 50ft performance cat/ Canados50s
Send a message via Skype™ to beneteau-500

Well i just phoned her yes they have out sourced them the problem with the current model is the push pad buttons stop functioning ie it gives the wrong input to what you asked and the outer casing or body scratches easily , she said they are offering right now as from April 25% off and two yrs interest free terms

But I have to admit the cakes she has made in it are brilliant how one of these things does that is beyond me
beneteau-500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2015, 03:57   #21
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by beneteau-500 View Post
Well i just phoned her yes they have out sourced them the problem with the current model is the push pad buttons stop functioning ie it gives the wrong input to what you asked and the outer casing or body scratches easily , she said they are offering right now as from April 25% off and two yrs interest free terms

But I have to admit the cakes she has made in it are brilliant how one of these things does that is beyond me
Find this place in Palma Mallorca and get a used one for 532EU with warranty.
I bought two for 900EU.
Brought one back to the UK and sold for 650Sterling.

6 on display in the window.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	thermo.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	201.6 KB
ID:	102522  

Tags
food