Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 14-04-2018, 08:13   #31

Boat: Norseman 430, Jabberwock
Re: storage tips and ideas

One member here has written an article in Good Old Boats about providing supports at the top of deep lockers on which plastic trays or bins are rested. Holds smaller items but can be removed to reach the lower sections of the cavity.
ggray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2018, 11:44   #32

Boat: Island Packet 420

I use plastic boxes of various sizes. I ordered, from a warehouse on-line catalog, clear plastic "envelopes" that stick on the outside of the box and hold standard sized index cards, which I then write what is in each box (grouped logically- electrical stuff together, mechanical stuff together, etc.). When I pull off the seat backs, I can read what is in each box before I haul it out. Saves time.
sailing_gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2018, 19:39   #33

Click image for larger version

Name:	20160912_161109.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	410.2 KB
ID:	168456
A lot of people like my mason jar snack storage I did a year or so ago.

For years I kept thinking how I could best use that space below efficiently without adding something too ugly and still be able to open the top loading fridge or freezer? After making gimbaled mason jar drink and solar light's (below) it dawned on me. So I measured it very carefully, positioned them just so and the jars just clear. Had the lids drilled underneath the shelf, snuggly, then just twist the jar off or on, one handed even. Heeling? No problem. Mason jars are our drinking glasses of choice onboard so I can even use it as a drink holder that does not take up precious galley counter space and won't spill while cooking underway

Also, here are my gimbaled no spill mason jar drink or solar lights. Screwed hooks underneath the shelf, then just hook them on. Underway or rolly anchorage? No problemo. I can tie a line to the bimini arch with a caribeener at the end, then clip in my drink, it's now gimbaled so no more spillage in the cockpit!

For the light option I charge them during the day in the hard dodger, bring them down at night. Looks like fireflies inside and has lovely light reflection off the teak.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	gimbaled solar lights.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	427.2 KB
ID:	168457  
sailorcherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2018, 19:50   #34

Boat: C&C 27 Mk III

Those glass wine bottles look ifffy I'll be right over to address that for you
Old 20-04-2018, 20:17   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKA-None View Post
Those glass wine bottles look ifffy I'll be right over to address that for you
Haaa, good one! Man I got that covered as well. If we know a heavy drinker is coming over or having a little party we replace those bottles with a box of wine and its spickot fits in the shelfs gap, perfect for the drunk pour and lids on the jars for mitigating spills....and black ultrasuede cushion covers for redundancy ; )
sailorcherry is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
storage