Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-08-2008, 18:57   #1

Plastic Drinking Water Jugs

Has any one else experienced finding their reserve fresh water jugs, empty and didn't last the duration of thier trip?

With tanks full of fresh water, we added a number of store bought jugs of spring water to our "reserves" and stowed them in our hold. We left port comfortably knowing we had more water than we would likely use.

Before we arrived I noticed the plastic "spring" water jugs had sprung leaks. I was srprised since we pressed the jugs tightly together, to avoid unnecessary movement and to negate wear and tear on the containers.

Upopn inspection I discovered the containers had not "worn" but were empty from cracks in the plastic where the container had been creased.

Most that began leaking had "creased" indentations where we bent the container sides, stuffing them into the hold.

In the future I will be careful not to disturb the shape of the container (if I use the plastic water jugs) again...so as not to risk finding my reserve gone dry.

Pogo
pogo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drinking water