Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 30-03-2003, 05:21   #1

Boat: Marine Trader 34DC
Little Wonder

We have been using the Little Wonder by Village Marine a few years now. It is a 12-volt unit rated at 120 gallons per day. We generally use 10 to 12 gallons per day for two of us so it has done well. We really like it and have had no problems so far.

The Trawler Beach House
Voyages Of Sea Trek
AnchorageGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2003, 02:04   #2
Ex-captain

Boat: FP Belize 43 cat (2001)
Nice to know Chuck. I checked up the link for more info on that watermaker. Here it is:

Little Wonder by Village Marine

"What's important in life is not how many breaths we get to take,
but those moments that take our breath away"

Jaques Cousteau
Gisle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2003, 17:40   #3
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)
Little Wonder

I've installed several R/O units from Village Marine Tech, and found the equipment to be well designed and easy to work with ('modular' units). The staff are knowledgable and helpfull, and they carry a full line of accessories (Ft Lauderdale Store).
Village Marine Tech
804 SE 17Th St, Ft. Lauderdale, FL, 33316, USA
Tel: (1-954) 523-4900

I've also installed (& liked) units from:

Watermakers Inc.
www.watermakers.com

&

Sea Recovery
www.searecovery.com

&

PUR (Pur P/S35 & 40E)
I had excellent service from my Power Survivor 35 (provided ALL our water over 8 winters) - though there are MANY reports (from others) of premature failures.

Regards,
Gord

GordMay is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2003, 22:56   #4

PUR 80

I installed the PUR 80 about 6 months ago and had consistant problem with the dedicated 15 Amp circuit breaker tripping off. Contacted the mfr. who advised installing a 20 Amp breaker due to the pump surge resulting in the amperage reaching 17 amps during the cycle. The instruction manual specifies using a 15 amp breaker/fuse?? It has been fine since the 20 amp breaker was installed.
Also installed an additional filter housing with a charcoal filter - just before the filter supplied with the kit by the PUR mfr. I believe that the charcoal filter improved the water quality/taste although it seemed just fine prior to adding this 2nd filter. Placement of the brine discharge line relative to the incoming water supply - be certain to place the brine line discharge as far aft of the incoming water supply as possible otherwise the incoming water and resulting product water will be significantly high
in salt content. This may seem intuitively obvious but 2 other cruisers in our group complained of "less than great water" and we found that they hadn't placed the incoming and discharge lines as outlined above.
Don B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2003, 14:13   #5

Boat: Formosa Georgian Mk IV 62' Dolce Vita
Thumbs up pur 80

Having used the pur 80 for the last 8 or 9 years I can honestly say we have not have any problems . They like to be used more often than not so we try to run it every day . we have had it pickled for 5 or 6 months and it came back without any problems .