Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 21-04-2013, 16:57   #16

[QUOTE="Macwizard;1216363"]Victoria B.C. Has lots of fine craft brewers. Even one called Canoe with moorage connected with the pub. Good food better beer right downtown in the city. There is probably 6 or 7 brewery's within walking distance of the dock]
Macwizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2013, 18:04   #17

Boat: Allures 44
Re: Life is GOOD! Local beer?

Portland, Maine's Allagash is amazing, and with affordable, transient, waterfront moorings and slips you can stay until you've had your fill.
cfarrar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2013, 06:29   #18

Boat: Wildcat 35, Hobie 33
I was back in the USA last year for the first time in many years and the craft brew explosion was amazing. I homebrew so I was like a kid in a candy store. We tried dozens of different brews.

Here in Central America craft brewing is just starting to creep in...pretty slim pickings in most of CA for good beer.

Currently in Bocas del Toro Panama and you can chose from a surprisingly good selection of Belgian beers in some of the shops here and some other imports too.

Recently in Panama City and discovered Rana Dorada...a craft brew pub serving several of their own very tasty brews.

Also visited Brew Revolution in El Tunco, El Salvador on our road trip back to Panama. Tasty craft brew and Hotel Mopelia right next door stocks a wide range of imports.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2013-04-19 12.24.34.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	164.2 KB
ID:	59683   Click image for larger version

Name:	2013-04-18 14.16.09.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	177.9 KB
ID:	59684  

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20130422_082624.jpg
Views:	183
Size:	135.3 KB
ID:	59685  
belizesailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2013, 06:35   #19

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Jeanneau Sun Fast 40.3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy M View Post
San Diego now has,like, 86 craft beer producers. We are the center of the beer universe. And to make things even better, Stone Brewery is opening up a satellite brewery and restaurant about a mile away in Point Loma. They also have 2 liter sealable bottles that you can bring in for refills. It's their Arrogant Bastard Oaked Ale. Once you pay the deposit on the bottle, the ale is $12 a refill, cheaper than a six-pack. Life is good. At my favorite bar, at Southwestern Yacht Club, the only yellow fizzy beer left is the Miller Light. Everything else is real beer.
Gee - Only 86? Denmark has over 400 microbreweries. It has become a tourist attraction. People come from all over the world to spend a week visiting the breweries.

Although I've tried I haven't made it through them all

yet

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s?k=carsten...ref=nb_sb_noss

Our books have gotten 5 star reviews on Amazon. Several readers have written "I never thought I would go on a circumnavigation, but when I read these books, I was right there in the cockpit with Vinni and Carsten"
carstenb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2013, 19:05   #20

Well,

If you decide to drink a beer other than Guinness, I recommend a Vanilla Java Porter from Atwater brewery in Detroit. If you ever get a chance to drink one, your life will never be the same. Another lovely brew is Edmund Fitzgerald Porter from Great Lakes Brewery in Cleveland.

Luigi

One good beer deserves another...
Luigi3188 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2013, 19:28   #21
Resin Head

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Nauticat

Quote:
Originally Posted by carstenb View Post
Gee - Only 86? Denmark has over 400 microbreweries. It has become a tourist attraction. People come from all over the world to spend a week visiting the breweries.

Although I've tried I haven't made it through them all

yet

Many years ago I used to hang out at a bar in Oakland that had 365 different beers, all in the 20 oz. plus bottles. They had a sweet deal for serious booze hounds. If you drank one of each brand of beer (they gave you the coaster for your collection), you got to have one of each for free. The catch was it had to happen in one calendar year. Saw lots of people spend a lot of money and get really hammered trying to make it! I'll never forget the night my buddy still had over twenty to go, and had to get it done by midnight! He didn't make it....

Consider Phlebas, who was once handsome and tall as you.
minaret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2013, 21:10   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamicatana View Post
Yeah, if you ask me, the ABITA brewery in Abita Springs Louisiana will beat 'em all, and the Lazy Magnolia folks in the Kiln, Mississippi are right up there with Abita

nyaah nyaah
Lazy Magnolia is one of my favorites too
bgriffin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
Beer