Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 23-01-2017, 18:49   #61

Boat: Tayana 37
Re: Jugs of ice in the freezer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmcdonagh View Post
True, true. I chose not to go into details. Increased levels of CO2 will also form carbonic acid in the blood stream, lowering pH. With reduced pH, hemoglobin binds O2 less effectively.

I addition, 10 pounds of dry ice produces about 2520 Liters of gaseous CO2 at room temperature and atmospheric pressure. I will not be using CO2 on my boat.
tmcdonagh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2017, 19:14   #62
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: 1968 Islander bahama 24 hull 182, 1963 columbia 29 defender. hull # 60

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmcdonagh View Post
I addition, 10 pounds of dry ice produces about 2520 Liters of gaseous CO2 at room temperature and atmospheric pressure. I will not be using CO2 on my boat.
That is a grand total of 2.520 cubic meters or about 89 cubic feet. Produced over many hours as the dry ice does its phase change from solid to gas. Most boats are ventilated sufficiently that there would be no buildup of gas. Heck it takes at least 5 hours for the one pound I get for the trip to the boat to phase change.
Old 23-01-2017, 19:16   #63

How about having an "ice" bag shipped to you free? I got mine with my Blue Apron orders--along with a few delicious and free meals. I'm now a satisfied customer (no other connection). They ship the meals to you with a freezer bag enclosed. Do it for the food but keep the "ice" packs. Their ingredients are better than almost any restaurant meals. Free !

www.blueapron.com

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1780.JPG
Views:	123
Size:	206.0 KB
ID:	140024
SecondBase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2017, 19:49   #64
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: FP Belize Maestro 43 and OPBs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SecondBase View Post
How about having an "ice" bag shipped to you free? I got mine with my Blue Apron orders--along with a few delicious and free meals. I'm now a satisfied customer (no other connection). They ship the meals to you with a freezer bag enclosed. Do it for the food but keep the "ice" packs. Their ingredients are better than almost any restaurant meals. Free !

www.blueapron.com

Attachment 140024
TANSTAAFL. They're only "free" in that you don't pay for them as separate items, just like the shipping. Do you honestly believe that the cost of them isn't factored into their product pricing?
StuM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2017, 19:58   #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuM View Post
TANSTAAFL. They're only "free" in that you don't pay for them as separate items, just like the shipping. Do you honestly believe that the cost of them isn't factored into their product pricing?

I not only believe it, I know it.

The first few meals are "truly free" because they are part of a free trial. They offer a free trial to prove their value and Induce you to then buy further meals.

Let me know if you can't find the "free trial" on the blue apron website under New Chefs.

Every US-based cruiser should try a few meals of free provisions under this offer.
SecondBase is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
freezer