Simple carbs and ginger are both stomach settling, so I think these cookies are fab for settling the tummy at sea. I despise ginger, but I think these cookies are yum. It is the only gingery food
I have found that I will actually eat. And, the best part is, if they don't work
and your tummy is still upset, they taste just as good going the other direction! I got the recipe from Byron's Ginger Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe - Allrecipes.com
Byron's Ginger Chocolate Chip Cookies
2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup butter flavored shortening
3/4 cup white sugar
3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 tablespoon skim milk
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
1/4 cup and 2 tablespoons finely chopped crystallized ginger
1. Preheat oven
to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
2. Sift together the flour, baking soda and salt
into a small bowl; set aside.
3. In a large bowl, cream together the butter, shortening, white sugar and brown sugar until smooth.
4. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla and milk.
5. Gradually stir in the sifted ingredients using a wooden spoon.
6. Finally, mix in the chocolate chips and crystallized ginger.
7. Use two spoons to drop cookie dough 2 inches apart onto a cookie sheet.
8. Bake on the middle rack of the preheated oven
for 12 to 15 minutes. The cookies should be golden brown on the sides and the top should have lost
9. Allow to cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.